Won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone

No I'm just tryin' to have me some fun

Well done, hot dog bun, my sister's a nun

Album Lyrics: Great Days: The John Prine Anthology [1993]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now. I have a question: How many of you actually liked the taste of pot brownies? The only thing I liked about the taste of reefer was the smell of an oz when first opened up, and the sweet smell of the smoke at a concert or whatever. But the taste? I didn't like it, but appreciated what it represented at the time. And, s h i t, some friends of mine actually liked the taste of "bong water". Or at least they said they liked it. Yuck!! I sipped some once and said; This stuff tastes like s h it!

And hey, did you all ever put anything cool in your bong like Southern Comfort? That made for some nice bong hits to be sure. Once though, a friend of mine put Scope mouthwash in his bong, and not knowing about it, I took a nice big hit of bud and man! 'Bout tore my head off! Didn't like it. Y'all ever put anything different into your bongs besides water?

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Now, wine seems to be just about right. What vintage Tom?

And, did y'all ever make bongs? When I was in the business of selling, we'd make up sixteen bamboo bongs per pound ($150.00) and sell each ounce with a "complimentry" bamboo bong, yours to "Enjoy!" My idea. I had transplanted some bamboo roots in my yard when I was eight, and, to the dismay of my father, the damned bamboo took off like mad and made him crazy every springtime because the "runners" would pop up all over the yard! But, by high school, we (my buds and I) had a very good use for that 2" in diameter bamboo...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Jonny - I never made bongs but a kid in my ceramics class was very talented at throwing bongs on a wheel - of course he had to test each one and make sure they worked just right.....

He was quite a guy!

Can't remember where the topic came up in chat but how many really used that paper from the Cheech and Chong album back in the 70's. I and another who posts here did.

That would be me! :)

I mean...why did they give us that big paper if we weren't supposed to use it?

...and now you know why Rumrunner's teeth are brown. :biglaugh:

Alex Groucho Alex - and what was that chicks name you caught looking at me in the morning?

That would be me! :)

I mean...why did they give us that big paper if we weren't supposed to use it?

...and now you know why Rumrunner's teeth are brown. :biglaugh:

:o :o :o

Oh me, oh my!!

Quite the edu-ma-kay-shun here!

:who_me: My virgin eyes :who_me:

I didn't even know Cheech and Chong had any albums. I really missed out!

We had to "wake and bake" with pipes made out of precisely crushed beer cans. We heard that making pot brownies was just an "old wives tale" and that cooking the pot would take the potency out of the weed. Grape kool-aid is best for mushrooms and if the cops catch you with fresh ones, they can't do a darn thing about it cause it's not illegal to have fresh shrooms. :P

Never drank bong water, but it could be that ours was a 3 footer we called "foul" because we didn't change the water in it till it smelled up the whole living room and boy did it smell foul. :lol:

I never did get proficient at rolling, so I had quite the assortment of pipes and one of my best girlfriends and I got pretty good at improvising a pipe or bong from just about anything.

Hmmm.... the only other words besides the traditional "stoned" and such were usually something from a private joke among the group. Maybe "in a purple haze", "comfortably numb", "gone to woodstock in my mind"....

Belle said:

We heard that making pot brownies was just an "old wives tale" and that cooking the pot would take the potency out of the weed.

Actually, I found I got a buzz much faster when the stuff was ingested than when it was smoked.

BTW, if the brownies tasted bad, I think it's because you used too much pot. Spaghetti was really good at masking the taste. After all, who didn't hide their stash in an oregano bottle anyway? :)

Alex Groucho Alex - and what was that chicks name you caught looking at me in the morning?

Hellooooooooooooo flower...

I believe her name was Kathy...Rummy was asleep on the floor nekid as a jay bird with one small sheet over him, which had bunched up around his upper body. :biglaugh: ...

...I was on the couch pretending to be asleep when Kathy slipped into the room...she stood there staring at RumRunner's shillelagh (I looked up the spelling of shillelagh)...with her mouth agape...I had all I could do to kept from bursting out laughing...

You shoulda seen Rummy's face when I first told him about it... :redface:

...but back to the subject...I recently read that pot slows down alzheimers disease...Now I find that ironic for some reason... :biglaugh:

Belle, if you still partake, try my recipe (it's real easy, use milk instead of water, throw in a couple of eggs (or is it egg whites?))... we used to call the effects of having eaten brownies a "body stone" in that the high you eperienced was more complete and lasted longer than smoking... at least it seemed that way at the time...

Edited by Tom Strange

quote: QUOTE(johniam @ Nov 12 2006, 12:41 AM)

I was at a concert and got a big bambu joint passed to me.

....and....?

I took a hit off it. Came back to me couple more times.

We used to call ourselves stoned most often, but there were other trendy words like ripped, blasted, wasted,higher than a kite,torched...to name a few.

Never drank bong water. Used pink chablis instead of water a few times. Once smoked hashish through a shelled peanut. Made bongs out of toilet paper rolls. Used to save roaches and when driving, got the lighter hot and dumped the roach residue directly into the hot lighter for about a minute's worth of good nose hits.

Back in the day I was a doper brave and true whatever but since becoming a father it strikes me that dope just does NOT fit in with that lifestyle. Fun reminiscing but it's been almost 30 years for me.

Belle! Since you haven't heard Cheech and Chong's albums, just think of how much fun you'll have when you listen to 'em! It'll be a blast for ya!

And also, maybe you could listen to some of the old "Firesign Theater" albums. "Don't Crush That Dwarf! Hand Me The Pliers!" Do any of you all remember those? "We Are All Bozos On This Bus", and....."In the Beginning there were Hot Lumps. MY faithful companion, Spunky, and I were surrounded by "clamasoids and oysterettes...." :blink:

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Now Jonny we don't want to overload the poor girl all at once ,next thing you know she will be wearing tie dye and quit her day gig to sell flowers on the street. Next we'll start her off on something slow like break the news to her that Paul McCartney was in another band before wings..... :blink:

Belle! Since you haven't heard Cheech and Chong's albums, just think of how much fun you'll have when you listen to 'em! It'll be a blast for ya!

And also, maybe you could listen to some of the old "Firesign Theater" albums. "Don't Crush That Dwarf! Hand Me The Pliers!" Do any of you all remember those? "We Are All Bozos On This Bus", and....."In the Beginning there were Hot Lumps. MY faithful companion, Spunky, and I were surrounded by "clamasoids and oysterettes...." :blink:

Jonny, do you remember that line,

"Whoo! Those are a lot of dead presidents!"?