GreaseSpot Cafe

The paper from Cheech and Chong

RumRunner

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belle, Wikipedia has some stuff about them. They were a 'comedy troupe' kind of a bizarre nature. I'd like to compare them to Monty Python but they were much further "out there"... after you read about them on Wikipedia, if you're still curious, I'm sure you could find some of their stuff on Amazon or similar sites...

You could try "We're all Bozo's on this Bus" as Jonny Lingo mentioned although I never listened to it because I was...

...waiting for the electrician or someone like him...

Heh - what was the album with the commentators on the Russian olympic gymnast and the guy confessing to a priest?!?!?! - LOL - You talk to your mother with a mouth like that? I wont quote anything from the gymnast gig...

Belle, Wikipedia has some stuff about them. They were a 'comedy troupe' kind of a bizarre nature. I'd like to compare them to Monty Python but they were much further "out there"... after you read about them on Wikipedia, if you're still curious, I'm sure you could find some of their stuff on Amazon or similar sites...

You could try "We're all Bozo's on this Bus" as Jonny Lingo mentioned although I never listened to it because I was...

...waiting for the electrician or someone like him...

Runner - that was

"That's not Funny - Its Sick!"

Had the cartoon on the front with a sign "Try our Froglegs" and the little frog coming out of the kitchen in a skateboard thing - no legs.......

It was Nadia Comaneci that was the gymnast.

Runner - that was

"That's not Funny - Its Sick!"

Had the cartoon on the front with a sign "Try our Froglegs" and the little frog coming out of the kitchen in a skateboard thing - no legs.......

It was Nadia Comaneci that was the gymnast.

Thanks Dooj - it all comes back now... LOL Think I'll order that and play it for the kids

First of all, just what is a "shillegah?" And Rumrunner, do you have one?

And, yes, "We're All Bozos On This Bus" was great, and so was "Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me The Pliers". I can't remember which routines were on which album othar than of course the one routine where all those bozos were on that bus honking their noses. Haw hee!

Now I'd like to hear those damned things again, to see how wasted we really were back then. And hey, I'll bet I could download one from Limewire. Ya know, I was telling my kids about Cheech And Chong, and I ended up downloading "Dave's Not Here", and "Sister Mary Elephant".

Class.....Class!..........Classsss!!!!!! Cla....Shaddupp!!!!!!!!!........Thank you

"The first day of my summer vacation, I woke up....."

Edited by Jonny Lingo

then I went downtown to look for a job....I didn't find a job....then I hung out at the corner drugstore...

The second day of my summer vacation, I woke up... Then I went downtown to look for a job. I did not find a job. Then I hung out at the corner drugstore. The third day of my summer vacation, I woke up. Then I went d..

PFD, we must have been typing at the same time...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

Jonny---------

If you will,consider :

a.) The slang definition of Bozo

b.) The meaning of "bus" as related to computers

c.) They traveled into the future in a time machine

Well, I think it will become apparent that they may have gleaned this material from the lost teachings of PFAL that were so calously dashed asunder on the cutting room floor.

Don't mind me. I've been up for days shooting reds and yellows.

quote: First of all, just what is a "shillegah?" And Rumrunner, do you have one?

It's a (ahem) rod shaped walking stick. It's pronounced shi-lay-lee. Saw one once; it was all knobby. Like Roseanne says, only the male mind could conceive of one inch equalling 100 miles.

I'm not certain but I do believe the proper term is "shellalagh."

Knobby wood......large joints.....

what kind of forum are we running here anyway???

Groucho - you've been a baaaaaaaad Boy!

Mwah!

Edited by doojable

:o MUST erase mind picture..... must not comment..... must not google pictures.... :wacko:

Amazing the threads that take off here at the GSpot. :biglaugh:

I'd love to stay and play tonight, but some wonderbird sent me some "study material" so's I can experience first-hand what y'all are reminiscing about. :spy: 'Scuse me while I grab my, err.. material.... and start studying.

Speaking of "home delivery" there's another way the US should catch up with the Netherlands. In the Netherlands 70% of live births are at home compared to 5% in the US yet the mortality rate is the same in both countries. we had all 3 of our kids at home in the People's republic of Miichigan and they sent social workers to harass us every time. But Michigan's a blue state and Missouri, where we now live, is a red state. We don't get hassled here. Guess it depends on how you want to live.