GreaseSpot Cafe

House Church

Imagine

Many of us experienced the home fellowship when we were in The Way.

There are many other groups discovering this idea also.

What can anyone tell me about the House Church topic?

Specifically leaders in the movement....

leading books on this topic, you may have read...

house churches in international countries...

I read Barna and wanted to learn more

Imagine That!

There are many other groups discovering this idea also.

I dont know if anyone is 'discovering' it. A lot of denominations and groups do it, although they call it many things depending on the group

I did my genealogy a few years back and found my greatgrandparents had a housechurch/homefellowship (dont know exactly what they called it) In their home as a wing of their far away church from just after the Civil War until the early 1930's--so its not exactly a new idea or something that TWI invented..

if I'm not mistaken in recalling past reading, quite a few persecuted denominations met in homes and businesses through the centuries rather than dedicated buildings or complexes because the world has been, more often than not, dangerous for religious deviants.

A few churches that I know about have very large memberships. Sometimes they have HouseChurch in addition to the regular Sunday morning seervice(s) - sometimes Sunday evening, but also on other days of the week.

Before I got involved in twi for a time I was in a church that did that and I liked it very much.