GreaseSpot Cafe

Keep it in your pants

Dot Matrix

VPW said that at WOW training '78 as well and I believe he also said it during Advanced Class '79 - during the teaching on Joseph and how he didn't sleep with some dude's wife when she threw herself at him.

As appalling as his actions are, he's not the first man in history to in essence teach, "Do as I say and not as I do."

Now, before you flame away - I am not saying that he was right. He wasn't the first hypocrit I ever encountered - he DID ruin a lot of people's lives. I wish that there were a way to help the people he hurt to heal.

Edited by doojable

Hi Dot Matrix

When I went "WOW" in 1979, VPW did say to all of us "Men keep it in your pants and Women keep your legs crossed."

Knowing what he did now, it really burns my backside that he said it.

And with all of that, both of the gals (one of whom was the family leader) in my family did it anyways to bring in new people that they liked, just to get them to fellowship if the person was good looking and a little skittish about comeing to fellowship.

So go figure. :( :(

Edited by danteh1

from Danteh1 ---

When I went "WOW" in 1979, VPW did say to all of us "Men keep it in your pants and Women keep your legs crossed."

Knowing what he did now, it really burns my backside that he said it.

A classic case of *Do as I say, and NOT as I do"

:asdf::asdf::asdf:

(And they expected us to listen to them about the Word -- despite their own despicable actions).

SOS comes to mind --- Snake Oil Salesmen.

i remember vee peepee saying to the ladies "practice by keeping a quarter between your knees" in Philly in '79 at a "those going WOW" after meeting (prolly some weird fantasy of his).........i was a naive virgin at the time.....i did get some kisses from my wow sisters that were wetter and slower and longer than what i would regard as a "holy kiss"........and come to find out all my wow brothers and sisters were "doing it" with each other.....the topic of our most heated "family meetings"...WOW!

i wound up losing my virginity to a girl that seduced me after i got her in the class.....22 years and 3 kids...holy sht

Edited by frickafrack

I remember going WOW in 83....Vince Finnegan was the leader then..(WOW Outreach, or whatever it was called) and he said the same thing to us....

Edited by Lori