GreaseSpot Cafe

Reality Checks

skyrider

Nearly a decade ago, I started my silent rebellion with twi. Much of it had to do with twi's doctrine on "present truth" and lcm obnoxiously lording over the corps......BUT also those reality checks in life.

The passing of time is one undisputable reality check! For any THINKING individual, its an attention-getter! Just looking in the mirror and asking, "What the heck am I doing to better my life?" is enough to jolt the braincells.

Raising children and properly preparing them for life's challenges is another reality check! It's a huge responsibility! What if the branch coordinator scolds your child -- how do you feel as a parent? How does that impact your child's self-esteem and attitude? No loving parent wants "the village-ministry" to mold their children into destructive groupthink!

Education and college are other avenues of reality checks. Seeking more education to better oneself is challenging enough without some corp-nazi reproving you for missing a meeting. And, what about college preparation for your kids? Of course, lcm's advice to the corps was "let the grandparents pay for it." Yeah, he actually told us this!!!

Homeownership.....especially when those interest rates dropped to a 40-year low. How could one NOT think about the opportunity to buy and invest in homeownership? For some, it was the final eye-opener that got them to exit their corps commitment!! Besides, the wishy-washy debt doctrine from twi is bogus. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Family and relatives ....certainly for some (especially corps) who have neglected family get-togethers and involvement for decades, it does bring into play that everyone is growing older. For sure, a reality check for some......and others, maybe not much.

Health care issues bring reality to one's front door step real quick. Nothing like coming face-to-face with a major health concern. Everything comes to a halt if its really something serious.

Semi-retirement and/or retirement is on the horizon. Sure you can ignore it's approach, but who desires to rush towards 60 years of age with reckless abandonment??? Not me. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Twi and hq staff are well aware of such reality checks!! That's why twi loves single people to work there!! Especially single people who knowingly will inherit their mother's house and savings!!

Now would be a GOOD TIME for some to pull their head out of the sand and take a look around. Check out some of these reality issues. Who knows where it will lead you???

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

It is my opinion that some of the people who remain in TWI are selfish and cowardly.

Selfish because they have chosen to remain out of close contact with friends, relatives and family and have chosen to fail to plan ahead for their children's future. Selfish in failing to plan and save for a secure retirement for their spouse. Selfish in hiding their heads in the sand and not facing reality about the serious problems that are contained within TWI, ignoring the "elephant in the room." Pretending that they and their family are living a blessed and orderly lifestyle within the peaceful and secure walls of the household. Selfishly pretending that The Word is over the world providing a reason to ignore the needs of their fellow man on the street because he is not of the caliber that TWI is looking for as a recruit. Selfilhly ignoring real charity and charitable causes and true good works in favor of pretending to make a difference by being a member of TWI.

Also it is my opinion that many of them are cowardly or full of fear as well. Afraid to dare to break out of the mold they are in and to try something different for a change. Afraid to go out at their age and make a living in the world they fear belongs to the adversary. Afraid they are too old. Afraid to fail. Afraid to tell their spouse or children how they really feel about TWI for fear of divorce or estrangement. Afraid of going into GOOD DEBT, afraid of acting at cross purposes with what they think is The Words Way when a REALITY CHECK shows all along it has been The Ways Word .

What a sad, sad way to live and go to the grave. Abundant Life? I do not think so.

John R

Tampa, FL

quote:
What a sad, sad way to live and go to the grave. Abundant Life? I do not think so.

In the early 80s, the Way Credit Union was open for business and helped many hq staffers with mortgage loans and such. Several of these staffers still reside in their New Knoxville, New Bremen, St. Marys, Wapakoneta & Minster homes. Of course, they work at wayworld and their kids are sheltered in rural Ohio.....and probably, have a decent living. All it takes is compartmentalizing one's thoughts.......and by ignoring the hypocrisy of lcm-doctrine, adultery, lawsuits, slander, blackmail and all, these staffers can just do their work and go home.

On the field......there is a totally different set of realities!!! This is why so many corps and others exit twi when these reality checks OUTWEIGH denial. There is no escaping the realities of everyday life when one is driving a broken car, working in a place that is masquerading as a career, rushing home to get ready for a home fellowship, eating cereal to save time, and putting on a smile for the evening...of which, only three people come. Abundant life? C'mon, get real. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

And, with each passing year......the window of opportunity closes a little bit more. And that's why some of those staffers at hq stay deeply entrenched in their own little job. It's a pathetic existence.....but hey, there are parasites everywhere living off their hosts.

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
All it takes is compartmentalizing one's thoughts.......and by ignoring the hypocrisy of lcm-doctrine, adultery, lawsuits, slander, blackmail and all, these staffers can just do their work and go home.

You know what? That's EXACTLY what our RC told us he does to deal with things. He compartmentalizes everything and it makes it so much easier to deal with the lawsuits, injustices and lies. Now I fully understand what he meant. I never got the "compartmentalize" technique or how you do that. If something's bugging me, it's bugging me and I can't ignore it.

John, you're right that there is fear and selfishness involved with many staying. I think some realize it's not what they pretend it is but they are too embarrassed or egotistical to admit that they made a mistake or were taken advantage of. Pity because as more people they "think" they love leave TWI or get kicked out for being too high maintenance, they are faced with a very lonely life.

Skyrider, it is a pathetic existence. They have no idea what they're missing. I wish I had realized it so much longer ago! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I've thought about this some.

Why is twi reality different from ours?

Because TWI folks live in a reality that includes what happens in all eternity. i.e. spiritual realities. It has a big consideration.

What happens in eternity, from a biblical perspective, is far different than what we experience here in the U.S., i.e. what we need to do for retirement, what we need to do with family, etc. etc.

Think about it ... in eternity we will be in subjection to one God, one Lord, we will be taking orders, or put mildly, gladly following precepts from one source.

Sound familiar?

When we became Christians, we bought into this concept didn't we?

Some of us hung around twi for 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 years. We liked it.

So why do some think it so bad, or cultish, that folks think this way?

Jesus Christ is reality.

For all I know, there may be some folks in twi that live in a greater reality than I, where God and Christ in concerned. I'm not in their shoes.

What you described is very nice oldies....It HAD to be, as it was the bait that attracted us.

None of what you described is bad, but the reality of what was going in spite of your *perception* was far different.

What folks think is SO bad, and SO cultish is when folks were required to obey leadership, required to sexually service the mog, required to abort wanted babies....required tithe, required outreach, required roomates....ect. in order to remain in good standing, required to abandon family members who were deemed unworthey.....required to cover for criminal activity....the list of *cultish* behaviors are endless, and the fact that some enjoyed themselves for 10, 15, 20 years in spite of the trauma the rest of the flock endured at twi`s hands, makes their *reality* in deed, actually a fantasy.

No matter what kind of *God* and Jesus* labels you put on the evil behavior.

Hey, glad that SOME had a good time....but no matter how much one enjoyed themselves, no matter which labels they utilized to justify and blind themselves to their bretherens plights.....that does not make it reality.

quote:
For all I know, there may be some folks in twi that live in a greater reality than I, where God and Christ in concerned. I'm not in their shoes.

Maybe, we'd better define our terms before continuing?

In Webster's college dictionary.......reality check is an instance of confronting or acknowledging the facts about something and thus dispelling unrealistic notions or expectations.

Oldies.....are you changing from FACTS ABOUT SOMETHING to spiritual truths or concerns? Does "a greater reality" consist of spiritual integrity? What are you saying?

If you desire to talk about eternity.....then, by all means, start another thread. Thanks. icon_wink.gif;)-->

Sure...I don't mind including "eternity" on a reality check thread.

Eternity?...According to the bible, Christians are given eternal life. Twi has turned the perception of "eternity" into part of their "carrot on a stick" program. Sell our product and God will give you "rewards" once you hit the shores of eternity...part of the "spiritual competition"...twi does nothing without strings attached. There is no unconditional love with trying to pile up "rewards" for yourself. God's gift of eternal life was turned into a marketing scheme by twi...it was also used as an excuse to sin (I'm saved, what the hay)...

...And furthermore...the parable of the good steward illustrates that we are not to ignore the "temporal" matters of life, such as having a home and planning for the future and having health insurance, etc. etc. Twi teaches that we should not be concerned with our lives here upon earth, because afterall, we're all going to heaven anyway...No, we should not be concerned with our personal lives...we should be concerned with the furtherance of twi's agenda! BS!!!...They try to justify a lot of abusive treatment by invoking the name of "eternity"...shame on them.

Yeah....invoking the name of "eternity" to justify actions and abuse.

Yeah....invoking godly service by "blessing the mog" with sexual favors.

Yeah....invoking the "reaping of rewards" to promote faithfulness to twi and pfal.

Yeah....invoking "rightly-dividing the word" and yet, sinning like a trooper.

Reality checks of hard facts to the contrary help break the self-hypnotic state of waybrain. Facts can be analyzed and expectations drawn to arrive at good, sound judgements.

quote:
There is no unconditional love with trying to pile up "rewards" for yourself. God's gift of eternal life was turned into a marketing scheme by twi...it was also used as an excuse to sin (I'm saved, what the hay)...
UncleHairy, here you disparage folks in twi by your false accusations of what you think went on in people's hearts.

I'm so glad I don't think like you.

quote:
Facts can be analyzed and expectations drawn to arrive at good, sound judgements.
Skyrider, that's true only if you analyze and conceptualize ALL OF THE FACTS, not just the ones you predetermine are worthy of consideration and throw out other facts that you don't care about including.

quote:
Originally posted by oldiesman:

quote:
... was turned into a marketing scheme by twi...it was also used as an excuse to sin (I'm saved, what the hay)...
UncleHairy, here you disparage folks in twi by your false accusations of what you think went on in people's hearts.

Oldies,

The statement above is not a false accusation.(I'm saved, what the hay) I was in TWI for much longer than you and I saw this happen. It was the air many breathed. Deny it if you want, but I know what I saw. I believe this attitude came from NaziMOG himself.

quote:
Facts can be analyzed and expectations drawn to arrive at good, sound judgements.
Skyrider, that's true only if you analyze and conceptualize ALL OF THE FACTS, not just the ones you predetermine are worthy of consideration and throw out other facts that you don't care about including.

Until GSC, I never KNEW ALL THE FACTS ABOUT TWI.(and they weren't telling everything.) So I guess my "good' thoughts while I was "in" weren't really worthy of consideration...

quote:
Posted by me:

Posted by Oldies:

So, Oldies.......you're saying that's true only if you analyze and conceptualize ALL OF THE FACTS????? When you say "ALL" ... do you mean "ALL"??