GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

oh man... does that mean I have to go now?

give me a few minutes...

Here's one:

But, by the time I figured this all out, it was too late; she moved on. And all I had to show for it was some foolish pride which then gave way to regret. She was the girl. I know that now. But, I pushed her away. So I've spent everyday since then [Movie Title]. So to speak.

have at it...

It was done by a "young" director (under 40) who always has a roll in his movies... (and it's not M Night Shamalamadingdong)

...as a matter of fact... it's his character saying these lines (he has very few lines)... and he uses a lot of the same actors in his movies...

is that enough clues?

Edited by Tom Strange

...did I choose a movie that is too obscure for "this audience" given it's theme?

...if you guys haven't seen this movie... it is a good one (IMO), although I like most of this director's movies...

This director also did a movie that starred Alanis Morissette as God (if you haven't seen that one, it's good too-just remember God has a sense of humor)

nope George... that was the movie Alanis was in... this is a different movie... so you've got the right director/writer...

it's by the same director/writer though... (he writes most of his movies)

he's from the same state as excie...

...and he plays the same character in all of his movies... (that he's in)

Yes... Kevin Smith always plays "Silent Bob" (the dude who plays "Jay" can barely put two sentences together)... and just about his only lines in the movie, spoken to Ben Affleck's character, were:

But, by the time I figured this all out, it was too late; she moved on. And all I had to show for it was some foolish pride which then gave way to regret. She was the girl. I know that now. But, I pushed her away. So I've spent everyday since then CHASING AMY. So to speak.

It was a pivotal scene of the movie... at least to me...

...you can do the next one since you got everything except the title...

Okay.

"Do you hava a bra to go with this? Something in leather, rubber, or barb wire?"

George

"Give me a break!"

That's from "Weird Science",

when Lisa went clothes-shopping.

Haven't seen that thing since the 80s, I think...

but I saw it a few times back then.

:)