GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"So, I hear you were terrorizing Mr. Morgan's class... again."

"Expressing my opinion is not a terrorist action."

"The way you expressed your opinion to Bobby Ridgeway? By the way, his testicle retrieval operation went quite well, in case you're interested."

"I still maintain that he kicked HIMSELF in the balls."

"Do you know what happens at proms?"

"Yes. We'll dance, we'll kiss, we'll come home. It's not quite the crisis situation you imagine."

"Kissing? That's what you think happens? I've got news for you. Kissing isn't what keeps me up to my elbows in placenta all day long."

"Can we, for two seconds, ignore the fact that you're severely unhinged and discuss my need for a night of teenage normalcy?"

"What's normal? Those damn... Dawson's river kids sleeping in each other's beds and what not?"

"Daddy that is so not..."

"I've got news for you. I'm down, I've got the 411, and you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy, I don't care how dope his ride is. Mamma didn't raise no fool."

"Where's your sister going?"

"She's meeting some bikers. Big ones. Full of sperm."

"Funny....

So, tell me about this dance, was it hoppin'?"

"Ugh. Parts of it."

"Which parts?"

"The part where Bianca beat the hell out of some guy."

"Bianca did WHAT?"

"What's the matter, upset that I rubbed off on her?"

"No, impressed."

"Hello Katarina. Make anybody cry today?"

"Sadly no, but it's only 4:30."

"I burn, I pine, I perish."

"Of course you do. You know, she's beautiful and deep, I'm sure."

"Sweet love, renew thy force."

"Hey! Don't say sh** like that to me. People can hear you."

"You don't buy black lingerie unless you want someone to see it."

"I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all. "

"Shoulda used the window!"

"Hi Daddy!"

"Hi... where're we going?"

"Well, if you must know... a small study group of friends."

"Otherwise known as an orgy?"

"Mr. Stratford, it's just a party!

"And hell is just a sauna."

"People perceive you as somewhat..."

"Tempestuous?"

"'Heinous bitch' is the term used most often."

"It's not everyday you find a girl who'll flash someone to get you out of detention."

"Mr. Morgan, is there any chance we could get Kat to take her Midol *before* she comes to class?"

"Someday, you gonna get bitch-slapped and I'm not gonna do a thing to stop it."

"Nine schools in ten years. My, my. Army brat?

"Yeah, my-my dad is, uh..."

"That's enough. I'm sure you won't find Padua any different than your old schools. Same little @$$wipe Shi+-for-brains everywhere."

"Excuse me? D-Did you just say... Am I in the right office?"

"Not any more you're not. I've got deviants to see and a novel to finish. Now scoot. Scoot!"

"Patrick Verona. I see we're making our visits a weekly ritual."

"Only so we can have these moments together. Should I, uh, hit the lights?"

"Oh, very clever, kangaroo boy. Says here you exposed yourself in the cafeteria?"

"I was joking with the lunch lady. It was a bratwurst."

"Bratwurst? Aren't we the optimist? Next time, keep it in your pouch, okay? Scoot!"

Edited by WordWolf

"The way you expressed your opinion to Bobby Ridgeway? By the way, his testicle retrieval operation went quite well, in case you're interested."

"Yes. We'll dance, we'll kiss, we'll come home. It's not quite the crisis situation you imagine."

"Kissing? That's what you think happens? I've got news for you. Kissing isn't what keeps me up to my elbows in placenta all day long."

"Can we, for two seconds, ignore the fact that you're severely unhinged and discuss my need for a night of teenage normalcy?"

"What's normal? Those damn... Dawson's river kids sleeping in each other's beds and what not?"

"I've got news for you. I'm down, I've got the 411, and you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy, I don't care how dope his ride is. Mamma didn't raise no fool."

"Funny....

"Ugh. Parts of it."

"Which parts?"

"Bianca did WHAT?"

"No, impressed."

"I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all. "

"Hi Daddy!"

"Tempestuous?"

"It's not everyday you find a girl who'll flash someone to get you out of detention."

"Mr. Morgan, is there any chance we could get Kat to take her Midol *before* she comes to class?"

"That's enough. I'm sure you won't find Padua any different than your old schools. Same little @$$wipe Shi+-for-brains everywhere."

"Not any more you're not. I've got deviants to see and a novel to finish. Now scoot. Scoot!"

"Oh, very clever, kangaroo boy. Says here you exposed yourself in the cafeteria?"

"Bratwurst? Aren't we the optimist? Next time, keep it in your pouch, okay? Scoot!"

"You're gonna pay me to take out some chick?"

"Mmhm."

"How much?"

"20 bucks.

...fine, 30."

"Well, let's think about this... we go to the movies, that's 15 bucks. We get popcorn, that's 53. And she'll want raisonettes, alright? So, we're looking at 75 bucks."

"This isn't a negotiation. Take it or leave it trailer park."

"50 bucks and we got a deal, Fabio."

"So what's your excuse?"

"For?"

"Acting the way we do."

"I don't like to do what people expect.Why should I live up to other people's expectations instead of my own?"

"So you disappoint them from the start and then you're covered, right?"

"Something like that."

"Then you screwed up!"

"How?"

"You never disappointed me."

"Some .... paid me to take out this really great girl."

"Is that right?"

"Yeah, but I screwed up. I, um, I fell for her."

"Funny....

"Ugh. Parts of it."

"Which parts?"

"Bianca did WHAT?"

"No, impressed."

"(1) I hate the way you talk to me,

(2) and the way you cut your hair.

(3) I hate the way you drive my car.

(4) I hate it when you stare.

(5) I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it,

(6) I hate the way you're always right.

(7) I hate it when you lie.

(8) I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry.

(9) I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly

(10)I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all. "

"Hi Daddy!"

"Tempestuous?"

"You're gonna pay me to take out some chick?"

"Mmhm."

"How much?"

"20 bucks.

...fine, 30."

"Well, let's think about this... we go to the movies, that's 15 bucks. We get popcorn, that's 53. And she'll want raisonettes, alright? So, we're looking at 75 bucks."

"This isn't a negotiation. Take it or leave it trailer park."

"50 bucks and we got a deal, Fabio."

"So what's your excuse?"

"For?"

"Acting the way we do."

"I don't like to do what people expect.Why should I live up to other people's expectations instead of my own?"

"So you disappoint them from the start and then you're covered, right?"

"Something like that."

"Then you screwed up!"

"How?"

"You never disappointed me."

"Some @$$H0LE paid me to take out this really great girl."

"Is that right?"

"Yeah, but I screwed up. I, um, I fell for her."

(Oh, and the numbers are not part of the script, as such.)

Ok, I give up. I can post the entire script and you won't get it.

This is "10 Things I Hate About You."

It's a modern retelling of "the Taming of the Shrew", set in a high school.

Some of the names were taken directly from the book, and there was a quote from the

book, as well as various nods to Shakespeare across the movie.

Julia Stiles is in this one, of course. It seemed like, if you were going to do a

modern version of Shakespeare, you had to include Julia Stiles for a while.

(She played the shrew.) Heath Ledger was also in this one.

In this movie, Bianca can't date until her father gives permission. He gives CONDITIONAL

permission- she can date when Katherine dates-but Kat doesn't like ANYBODY.

One guy hopes to try to date Bianca, so he pays another guy to ask out Kat so he can try

to have a shot. Bianca and Kat's dad is terrified something will happen to his daughters

as soon as they are out of sight.

I numbered the poem Kat wrote at the end, so that it more obviously lists the 10 things

she hates about him (which things count as the 10 are debatable, I made my best guess)

in the hope someone would see the list and think of the name of the movie, and put

2 and 2 together.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147800/

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/10_Things_I_Hate_About_You_(film)

"A loose adaptation of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew set in a modern Seattle, Washington, American high school, the screenplay was written by Karen McCullah Lutz and Kirsten Smith.

The film's title is a reference to a poem written by the film's female lead to describe her bittersweet romance with the male lead. The film was released March 31, 1999, and it was a breakout success for stars Stiles and Ledger."

"The movie contains several references to William Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew, on which the plot is loosely based. The first reference in the film to this fact is that Michael calls Kat a Shrew in the beginning of the film. Also, the high school's name is Padua, and Padua is the Italian city where the Shakespeare play is set. The main characters are given names similar to their counterparts in the play. Shakespeare's Petruchio from Verona is the movie's Patrick Verona. The sisters Katharina ("Kate") and Bianca Minola become Katarina ("Kat") and Bianca Stratford (Stratford being Shakespeare's city of birth). Lastly, in the play, Bianca is successfully wooed by Lucentio as he disguises himself as a tutor named Cambio, from which comes the name Cameron and the plot device of becoming her French tutor. Also in the play, the father reacts to his younger daughter's many suitors by stipulating that Kate must be married before Bianca can be. However, the movie takes a different direction from the play..."

============================================

IF ANYONE'S GOT A MOVIE, GO AHEAD.

FREE POST!!!

Listen, I came to make peace. What do you say, friends?

I took Downey the comic books he wanted. He hardly knows why he's been arrested.

Look, Commander...

Call me JoAnne. Or Jo.

Jo! You contact them again, I'll have you disbarred. Friends?

I had authorization from Ginny Miller, his aunt.

Aunt Ginny authorized you?

I called her. We spoke for an hour.

You were authorized by Aunt Ginny.

It's within my province.

Great! We can hold the trial in her barn. I'll sew the costumes, Uncle Goober can be judge.

Apache Pilot #5: Oh! Damn, uh! That's a negative impact, sir! I repeat, that's a negative impact!

Mayor Ebert: Negative impact? That's the goddamned Chrysler Building!

Mayor Ebert: What the hell's the matter with you people?

Mayor Ebert: You've caused more damage than that goddamn thing did!