GreaseSpot Cafe

Sine qau non

Sushi

If the moderators see fit to move this to the kitchen, I have no problem with it.

In the interest of not derailing another thread, I thought I would start this one.

There are a number of things I will NOT substitute. As far as Miracle Whip goes (which should really not even make it to the grocery shelves, but who am I?), it is from the pit of hell.

In any event, there are a number of things from the pit of hell. Miracle Whip happens to lead the legion.

Other things from the pit of hell:

Any type of butter substitute

Yellow mustard

1% or less milk (esp. in coffee)

Whole grain pasta when used in the making of mac and cheese

Most store brand coffee

Yellow Mustard??? You mean like regular old 'Frenches'???

That's all I will allow on my Hot Dogs, Ham and Cheese or Turkey Sandwiches.

...but then again, your name is "Sushi" :biglaugh:

Mr. Strange,

No, actually, I mean "French's". :asdf::biglaugh:

As to the other part of your post, you obviously didn't grow up in the Greater Noo Yawk metropolitan area. French's mustard was an aberration, as far as I was concerned. The first time I had it, I nearly spat it out. My lips have tasted such an atrocity in VERY limited fashion since. The ONLY time it happens is when, one of our kids decides they've had enough of a sandwich with it (they probably don't realize, their bodies are rejecting the mustard like a donor heart), and I just can't STAND to see food go to waste.

Eventually, they'll see the error of their way and come over to the 'dark' side. :evildenk:

If we didn't have Frenchs' yellow mustard made right here in Rochester what would we put on out white hots?

Didn't it used to be made at 1 Mustard Street?

btw, yellow mustard is actually good for you. Very low in calories, highly packed with flavor. The vinegar and turmeric in it are both very good for you.

There's actually a restaurant very close to where I live here in the Phoenix area that serves those white hots.

It's probably the only place outside of Rochester I've ever been that serves that Rochester staple food!

Rochester hardly qualifies as the "Greater NY metropolitan area", coup. <_<

:biglaugh:

Of course Rochester isn't the NY metro area.... it's UPSTATE for goodness sake. Not sure Coup was suggesting it was near NYC.

Sushi - its not French, its Latin.

It means "that which none"

It refers to a thing that cannot exist without another thing. Or in othe word, "you can't have one without the other."

Edited by doojable

Wellllllllll

Both French and Italian ARE Latin based languages.....

And I speak Texan fluently y'all.

It's like bagels and Lox, chips and picante sauce, pizza WITHOUT pineapple, meat and potatoes, spaghetti and meatballs, and (ugh) the ultimate couple here in the South....

Chicken Fried steak and Bulldog gravy with biscuits (AKA - heart attack on a plate)

Edited by doojable