GreaseSpot Cafe

Is Grisholm leaving CSI?

Dot Matrix

Is Gill Grisholm leaving CSI?

The show will suck without him

Is he really going?

NO. Gil Grissom is NOT leaving CSI. When I first started seeing the commercials that tried to get people to believe he was leaving, I looked for news about it. I found something last week that said it was only temporary. Then, last night when Warrick hugged him, he (Grissom) expressed his surprise and clarified that (in TV years anyway) he would be back in four weeks.

And Kathy, I (pretty much always) watch (new episodes of) CSI Miami, but for some reason can't get excited about CSI NY.

I caught that also when he said in 4 weeks but they have used such ways to make folks leave forever so I wasn't sure.

I like Miami and NY because of some of the cast, but neither are as good as the original.

Besides being the "main man," Billy Peterson is one of the executive producers... my hunch is they anticipated a lot of angst (and rumors of firings or other misfortune) if he were to be missing for several episodes without warning.

I've also noticed that some of the writing in the Miami version sometimes has holes in it... it's hard for me to think of an example at the moment, but I know it's mildly bugged me a couple of times. And of course, all of the versions (as well as the Law & Order series(es)) get their DNA results almost instantaneously, which is not how it really works.

Oh, AND CSI Miami is really nice in HD. They seem to have more outdoor photography and it's spectacular in HD.

Yeah, nothing works like they say it does on TV or anywhere else for that matter but I love to see how the slightest thing can nail the killers.

Miami has changed quite a lot since I lived there. I still prefer the Tampa Bay area although the panhandle is beautiful. And what does this have to do with anything? With me it doesn't matter I reckon.

<_<

CSI has become increasingly graphic and is now too bloody for me.

I like shows like "The A Team" "McGyver" -- the good guys win with no blood.

I did get one of my favorite facts from CSI -- One segment some doctor (dentist?) murdered a bunch (his wife and boyfriend and ???) and washed everything down with bleach and there was no dna to convict the guy.

So I figured, if bleach is good enough for to remove dns, certainly it's good to keep the kitchen and bathroom and my office space clean.

Also I get tickled everytime I see the guy on the NY CSI because I am so glad he grew his legs back (from Forest Gump).

Edited by Kit Sober

I was relieved to see that he was not leaving. He's probably the only guy old enough to be my father whom I am absolutely infatuated with. He could certainly eat crackers in my bed any time. :wub: I think I've never missed an episode since it started.

I try to watch Miami every once in a while, but they always seem to be whispering and the characters are so dull. I can't stand it. I've only seen part of one NY episode - dunno why, it must conflict with something else that I watch or be on a dog training night.

I was relieved to see that he was not leaving. He's probably the only guy old enough to be my father whom I am absolutely infatuated with. He could certainly eat crackers in my bed any time. :wub: I think I've never missed an episode since it started.

You must be pretty young then... he's only a year older than me. btw, I don't eat crackers in bed... but I like to eat muffins!!! :who_me:

I think the Miami one is slow and goofy in spots like when he (forgot his name) puts on his glasses and says some words of wisdom, that's just a tad dorky. But I love that blonde chick that use to be the lawyer on West Wing. Gosh I miss Leo.

The NY one has that really cool legged guy that Kit mentioned which I think is a fine actor so I like that one just for him pretty much.

But the original is by far the best. And I could get hooked on them if they ran 24/7. I never use to watch TV but I am becoming a fan.

Rocky, what kind of muffins. :)

I think the Miami one is slow and goofy in spots like when he (forgot his name) puts on his glasses and says some words of wisdom, that's just a tad dorky. But I love that blonde chick that use to be the lawyer on West Wing. Gosh I miss Leo.

The NY one has that really cool legged guy that Kit mentioned which I think is a fine actor so I like that one just for him pretty much.

But the original is by far the best. And I could get hooked on them if they ran 24/7. I never use to watch TV but I am becoming a fan.

Rocky, what kind of muffins. :)

The guy you described from CSI Miami is probably Horatio Caine, also known as "H" and played by David Caruso. The blonde chick is Emily Procter, who plays Calleigh Duquesne and in WW her character's name was Ainsley Hayes. She's definitely a fox... for a youngster (age 38). And I really liked Leo McGarry too... and did some grieving myself when he died.

I'm not familiar with the folks in CSI NY (since I don't watch it and haven't watched Forrest Gump)... but looking it up, that was probably Gary Sinise...

Oh, and I like various kinds of muffins... blueberry is a favorite. ;)

And I could get hooked on them if they ran 24/7. I never use to watch TV but I am becoming a fan.

Oh, and I forgot earlier... CSI is regularly on the SPIKE network. CSI Miami is regularly on A&E... In fact, I didn't start watching CSI at all until about 2003 and then I watched on SPIKE until it seemed like I knew all the episodes already...

:biglaugh: Rocky, I am a youngster! :biglaugh: 45 is probably the oldest I consider dating, but I'd prefer someone in their late 30's.

Gary Sinise is Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump and you really should watch it some time! It's almost become as American as apple pie and baseball. Besides that, it's a great "feel good" movie. :love3:

:biglaugh: Rocky, I am a youngster! :biglaugh: 45 is probably the oldest I consider dating, but I'd prefer someone in their late 30's.

Gary Sinise is Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump and you really should watch it some time! It's almost become as American as apple pie and baseball. Besides that, it's a great "feel good" movie. :love3:

Yeah... one of these days. I have tivo now, so when it comes on, I can record it to watch at my convenience.

And geez, Belle... you make me feel ... hmmm... OLD!? No, just kidding. When I turned 50 I considered it a significant accomplishment. Not everyone makes it this far... obvious, I hope you do... and figure you will. And I'm past grieving for them, but as the oldest sibling, I've already lost my younger brother and sister to heart disease. But don't worry, I've got lots of life left in me... and I work out 4-6 times a week.

Oops, I see Rocky posted to me and somehow I missed some of it. Sorry dude. :redface2:

Man I missed that whole post.

No problem... you were probably talking in class! :biglaugh:

Have you been talking to waysider? :biglaugh:

Nah... but given your screen name... and that I used to get that comment a lot from my daughter's teachers (that she talked quite a bit in class... for her, the school work was generally too easy)... it just seemed to fit! :who_me:

Rocky, glad you've got lots of life left in those bones! :biglaugh: Otherwise, who am I gonna wrangle with in the Politics forum? I'm sure your daughter is glad you're taking care of yourself, too. I'm terribly sorry about your siblings, though. :( We should not have to experience that kind of pain in our lifetimes. The "sting" of death is too euphemistic to me.

Siouxzahn, Welcome!!! I know I'm late, but first cuppa joe is usually on the house. I hope you'll forgive my lax in proper service. :)

gallery_452_63_5331.jpg

Ahhhh, our dear Sarah Sidle, the perpetual misfit. I think she IS dimensional, but it's a disturbing one. She has trust issues and "boundary" issues - she's perplexing - overly protective of children in some situations, but awfully awkward and uncomfortable around them in others. She has a difficulty reading people - and more like one of those Star Trek characters when it comes to showing her emotions.

I like her character because she is such an enigma.