GreaseSpot Cafe

generously supporting the University of Toledo

potato

random surfing tonight, stumbled across The University of Toledo Foundation 2002/2003 Annual Report, which had under its Donor Recognition section something called:

Jesup W. Scott Society

cumulative giving of $50,000 to $999,999; recognized in three levels: Builders, Partners and Associates

and in the Partners list (cumulative giving of $100,000 to $499,999)

guess who was listed?

The Way International

so... why was my ABS going here, I wonder? whose brat was attending college at the University of Toledo?

in 2002, not in 2004 like I put in the title and can't change now :confused:

Edited by potato

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah yes, here we go, under campus organizations:

The Way Campus Fellowship

Make available fellowship meetings for students and community members who are searching for an in-depth understanding of the Word of God.

members: 10

Organized by Benjamin Wierwille

I'm sure innies who have given their hard-earned $$$ for the movement of God's Word are happy to know that over $100,000 of it has been donated to the University of Toledo. Real good stewardship of abundant sharing, guys... :rolleyes:

If anyone else had "tithed" to a university instead of to TWI, they'd have been reamed a new one, I'm sure. Giving to "good" instead of "best," and all that.

-- Shaz

I can't figure out who Benjamin W. is.

Don had no son named Benjamin, and if Ralphie W has kids, they'd be too yoiung for college. JP and family are out of twi, and the rest of VP's and Don's kids are girls.

Maybe Bob Ed has a kid that's college age?

Anyone know who this is?

What I wonder- did the University HAVE to accept it?

I'd think if I was on the board, I would have had about the same sickening feeling about it as if the Church of Scientology contributed..

" ahem.. thank you, I think..."

:biglaugh:

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

hey, guess who turned up in UT's 2004/2005 donor list?

so far, somewhere between $300k and 1.5 million of twi's ABS has been given to a university attended by one of the wierwille offspring.

I'm so comforted to know that the reason older corps were dropped without social security and without retirement savings was so that my money could help do this great thing... whatever it is.

Well, I am not sure about right now, but I know at one point we had about 15 - 20 of the staff kids enrolled up there. This included a lot of the WC kids. We also had a bunch, including lcm's, going to Bowling Green. It would be interesting to see if BG has them on their donor's list also. If I remember, the W**tw**t*'s ran the student fellowship at one of them. Maybe one of the older outies can help on this one. How about it ppl?????

Okay,

For anyone who wants to verify it for themselves here's the link:

http://utfoundation.com/index.asp?id=95

Once you get there click on 2004 or 2005 Annual report. The file is slow to load as it's a .PDF file but around page 14 you will find the donors list. Look on the $100,000 - $499,000 list & you will find TWI listed both years.

2003 report: http://utfoundation.com/File/AnnualReport/...lreport2003.pdf

2004 report: http://utfoundation.utoledo.edu/File/Annua...0Report2004.pdf

2005 report: http://utfoundation.com/File/AnnualReport/...lReport2005.pdf

they don't have a new on online yet, or older ones that I can find.

sorry I was slow getting those up. and thanks RRII for putting that up. the 2003 annual lists the same donor level too.

Okay... so, how the heck can they send that kind of $$$ to a university for a Wierwille offspring, but they couldn't "afford" to cover Mrs. Wierwille's final expenses????? wtf?

Anyone know the legal rules? It's okay for a not-for-profit ministry to donate major bucks to a university with clear ties to the founding family line?

With each passing stupid, blatant, outrageous thing they do, I think to myself, "Now I've heard it all." And then they manage to do one more thing to shock and disgust me. Will it never end????

And people wonder why we have a hard time moving on with our lives... hey, it's because the BS just keeps on coming!!!

the whole thing is pretty stinky. I never heard a word about this when I was in. I wonder how they'd explain this away? I'm sure that the TWIts will explain it away for themselves, but I think I'll drop this on some people I know, make sure word gets out about what the "ministry" is spending money on.

Looking at the reports, it is my impression that individuals or organizations listed there are by cumulative donations. In other words, the total of what has been given over the years. TWI may have given that money 20 years ago, or have been giving $5,000 per year over the last 20 years.

If I had to guess, it was given as a bribe years ago in an attempt to get accreditation for their corpse program.

I think it may be more likely a bribe to make campus life much oh so easier for a wayfer How else could they be included as a recognized student organization?

Maybe it's one last ditch effort to bring the doctrine and practice of der vey to the next generation..

I wonder if the University of Toledo knows that it is "blood money"..

Amazing, I know Le@h and a lot of other way kids went there. It's just amazing.

My parents worked on staff and of course had no insurance. My mom need surgery on her corrotted (sp?) artery or she would have a stroke. Because the hospital would not take a lessor amount from the Way the Way refused to pay the bill and my mom is still paying that bill today over 15 years later. But here they are throwing such a large amount to some college. I think tuition is high enough that there shouldn't be any sense of obligation to give this money to a college. In addition the greed associated with universities these days it almost seems "devilish" to do so.

Glad I don't give them my money anymore.

Rotten - just farking rotten!

I wonder how those full time staffers who couldn't afford to send their kids to college would feel about this? I wonder how those TWIts who gave so much money to TWI for the "movement of God's word" feel about not being able to afford to send their kids to college and then learning about TWI doing this?

Funny, I don't remember reading anything about those donations in the "Your Abundant Sharing at Work" articles in the magazine. <_<

That truly is sickening. I was 17 when I got involved in twi. I was told that GOD needed me to move his word, needed me to be on the front lines of the spiritual battle. NOT seeking a worldly education.

I was told that it wasn`t best, I was told that I owed my money, my time, my efforts to God (via twi) for the outreach of his word, rather than persuing my own selfish goals in life...

To hear that leaderships children were not only allowed to go to college, but had their way paid with MY extort er I mean tithe money.

God, that just makes me sick that not only were we denied an education because God needed us, but we had the privilege of actually PAYING for THEIR kids to go.

Just when I think that I cannot be any more suprised at the theft and hypocracy in twi ...I am suprised and angered all over again.

What a bunch of self rightious arse holes. Denying so many of us a chance at an education, yet ensuring their own are not only encouraged to better themselves ..... but PAID for...Geeze

Edited by rascal

I know what would happen if "they" tried to establish some kind of legitimacy at the university I'm attending at the moment..

.... would hit the fan.. I'd see to it personally.

Then a "donation" would probably fix their little "problem".

Well.. that would be one way to take MY abs and get it put to a cause I'd a rather it went..

:biglaugh: