GreaseSpot Cafe

Thank You My Anonymous Friend!

doojable

I'm sure there are many, many stories of generosity here at the Cafe. I'd like to share one:

We have been a family of four operating on one computer for years. Both girls are very computer savvy - but it seemed like it was getting to the point that my youngest was having to "take a number" to get any computer time.

A friend that I met here at the Cafe has become a "3-D friend" and offered to send my little darling an old computer when a new onewas purchased. We were thrilled to say the least. Then one day, the call came...

Me: "Hello?"

Friend: "Yes, this is ______________."

Me: "Hi! What's up?"

chit chat chit chat...yadda yadda yadda...

Friend: "Well I better let you know now that your daughter will not be getting my old computer, I've decided to buy her a new one instead!"

ME: "WHAT? NO! REALLY?"

Needless to say, I was speechless. The only request that was made was that it remain anonymous and that I pay it forward - which I have come close to doing.

It arrived today! It came in six (SIX!) boxes and took two hours to set up. She has more whistes and bells than I have ever seen.

Good does happen here in many more ways than we ever see or know. I just wanted to make this event known.

Ya know......I still marvel at how much a random act of kindness heals a heart.

The youngest dooj is a new girl in many ways. She's always been independent, but now she really has a sense of "self" about her. I have to say that it's not because it's a new computer, but rather that a person other than family invested in her.

Please take the time to do something nice for someone this week. Doesn't have to be a big monetary thing - just a kind, heartfelt act.

MWAH!

I was thinking about something along those lines last night, Dooj. I should probably start a thread on it. :thinking:

It's so important for the youngsters to have that recognition and respect from adults who recognize the good things about them. The first time I went home after my divorce my two teenage cousins came up to me privately before I left and thanked me for "treating them like an adult". They said that their parents and other adults don't give them enough credit for having some modicum of intelligence and common sense and that it was so nice to be treated like something other than an elementary school kid. Someone actually - gasp - listened to them!

I'll definitely do something today in honor of the littlest Dooj. :love3:

i will too

tonite i am cooking dinner for 60=70 mentaly challenged adults

i love doing this and after dinner there will be a dance and i'll dance with the gals in the wheel chairs

they love it and so don't i !!

Edited by coolchef