GreaseSpot Cafe

Are all our Florida GSers okay?

Linda Z

(((((Linda)))))

Thank you for checking on us. :love3:

The storms started coming through somewhere between 3 and 4am - woke me up thinking I was living through Hurricane Charlie again. I love a good thunderstorm, but this one was awful sounding when it woke me up. It alternated between ferociously scary and eerily quiet. I gave up trying to sleep around 6am and went ahead and got on up and came to work early.

There were roads closed all over the place - including I-4, the Expressways and many other main roads. They've got a count of 14 dead in Lake County - one family lost both parent and one child. The child is one of a set of Triplets and another child in the family, so there are now three children missing a sibling and both parents. :( Unfortunately there are a lot of stories like that on the news today.

My house and the rest of the neighborhood seemed to be okay this morning, but it was definitely a long night.

Edited by Belle

I'm used to below zero weather and consider temperatures in the 40s to be T-shirt weather. Then again, I was raised in Massachusetts, and it was not uncommon to see a lot of people speeding on ice on streets.

Not kidding about this.

I suppose if I went to Florida in the summer, the heat would kill me as native Floridians look and wonder what the big deal is.

Dot, I think Raf's way south, like Miami or nearby, so he should be fine.

I'm hoping everyone else will check in. The video of the devastation in the affected areas is unbelievable.

Tornadoes suck (no pun intended). They are so unpredictable and the winds can be much higher than the force of a hurricane.