GreaseSpot Cafe

Should she go to Jail?

Dot Matrix

Warning disturbing material

7769660609121130.jpg

http://network.bestfriends.org/legalanimal/news/7557.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/helptheanimals...m/msg00934.html

Tammy, of Dogs desrve better, is in trouble for helping a dying dog laying in the back yard of a stranger.

Should she go to jail? Or did she do the responsible thing?

Edited by Dot Matrix

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mail-archive.com/helptheanimals...m/msg00934.html

Tammy, of Dogs desrve better, is in trouble for helping a dying dog laying in the back yard of a stranger.

Should she go to jail? Or did she do the responsible thing?

God Dot. First of all NO! She should not go to jail!

I want you to know something right now. I know you have a humongo heart for animals, and God Bless you for that. God needs people like you who have hearts and a strong backbone to do this kind of stuff.

I couldn't read past the first part of the article. This is the thing. I cannot read stories about animal abuse, in any way, shape or form. I see your posts. I don't answer them, and I 'm not ignoring them because I don't care, or they are not intersting, I just can't take it.

For some reason, perhaps because I don't have children, animal abuse hurts me more than anything else in the world. Seeing animals bred irresponsibly frustrates me more than people who have children irresponsibly. I guess because the government helps with the kids, but it's only through kind caring strong souls like you, who see the end result of animal neglect and irresponsiblity, who are the ones who have to take up the slack, fill the void and be the responsible person caring for other peoples irresponsiblity.

Thank you for that. It's a thankless job.

Edited by RottieGrrrl

:offtopic: Thanks Rottie

Our mail man at the hospital has Animal Control on Speed Dial. He sees dogs tied to a tree without water in 100o weather, beaten, sick and abused dogs all day long.

I would have had to so something if this dog were in my neighbor's yard.

Just Like I would call the police if I saw a beaten child, or spouse...

Right now I neeed prayers for little TY who still is in need of a home, I only have a few days left to find him a place.

Back to the topic, it took some great heart for this woman to step in and help this dog, IMO

Edited by Dot Matrix

how's the dog ? i couldn't read or watch too much either and i'm a mom

--

we had a dog down by the baseball field locked in a shed all day in the hot summer month of august. you could hear it crying

we went (my son and his friend [an abused boy]) and climbed the fence and broke open the shed and let the dog out

we gave the doggie ice water and food

we did this for weeks while the dog owners were at work

i called the humane society and the local police

i hope the doggie is okay

--

i just had to do it, especially because the one who alerted us to this dog was the abused boy

life sure can suck

--

i wish i could take that dog, dottie

Edited by excathedra

I know I couldn't read about that animal abuse... and since it's in a newspaper (that is a newspaper isn't it?), IF a local prosecutor had any inkling about charging her with tresspassing or anything else, I'm confident public outcry would put a stop to it right quick.

THAT doesn't mean she would necessarily be immune to a civil suit. I don't know, but a lawyer might be able to shed insight on it further.

btw, I AM a dad.

i hope to god someone stepped in before they moved

--

sweet rottie girl

i only meant that animal abuse affects me deeply as it does you

that was my reference to having a kid

--

i love you

and

dot

and

rocky

and all living beings

--

you know what was so sad, the boy who wanted to rescue that pup in the shed.... he always wears a hat (had it on in the summer) when i asked him why, he told me about the big knot on his head which embarrasses him

his father put it there when he knocked him across the room

oh god

maybe i should go watch disney channel or something

You call it being toyed I call it being dicked with. But thank you Rocky. My dad taught us as kids that if your going to kill something (to eat) than you kill it. You don't torture it. Being out in extreme heat with no water, beating, hurting, and making an animal suffer is from the devil, not God.

and I should add once you make an animal a pet, I don't care if it's a turkey at Thanksgiving, you DONT KILL IT ONCE YOU MAKE IT A PET.

You call it being toyed I call it being dicked with. But thank you Rocky. My dad taught us as kids that if your going to kill something (to eat) than you kill it. You don't torture it. Being out in extreme heat with no water, beating, hurting, and making an animal suffer is from the devil, not God.

and I should add once you make an animal a pet, I don't care if it's a turkey at Thanksgiving, you DONT KILL IT ONCE YOU MAKE IT A PET.

There something wrong with honest questions?

Suffering animals seem to suffer and be in pain longer when they are "rescued". Most are never "right" again. The humane thing use to be to put them "out of their misery", never pleasant and took some guts to do it, their suffering was ended quickly.

If your neighbor is abusing it's child and you go remove the child from them, you have taken the law into your own hands. So what if you notified the authorities and they didn't do what you wanted them to do in what you consider a timely manner; you have kid-napped that child! Animals have more rights under the law than children? If so it is because those laws are yet to be challenged and won't hold up. If an animal is being abused there are laws in place and procedures to be followed. It is like playing god to take the law into your own hands.