GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polar:

That song is amazing... one of my all-time favorites. The dynamics, harmony, execution, are magic. Listening to it now, I noticed the vid clips a section from the original recording... too bad! It's a masterpiece! Thanks for posting!

RG.... great selection! Loved "Nashville Cats" === beautiful! And the amazing fiddle player. JT is ALWAYS nice... saw him live a couple of years back in Hershey, PA and he was great, and brought some kick-azz musicians with him. Good stuff

Hey, Bear: The first vid works now! Nice version... not as good as the original, but a treat to see it "live".

Edited by anotherDan

penguin.gif...........Influneced groups like the Beatles and Beach Boys

And rightly so. Everly Bros.

Great sound quality and harmony. Is that a Shure SM-58?

Edited by anotherDan

In that vein, ladies and gentlemen................ Etta James

I once heard an interview with Joni Mitchell where she said this song was being used on a commercial on TV.... I think she was doing something else with the TV on, but then she heard Etta hit what she called "the God note," and it drew her attention. Nice touch with the old movie footage.... I'd love to see it done with "Sense and Sensibility."

Edited by anotherDan

I Love this AD! Etta James Her Voice is music; Kind of like Vera Lynn's - A nightingale sang In Berkeley Square! Since You Tube doesn't have Vera Lynn's version of it I will put up this one of Vera Lynn - Vera Lynn tribute to WW2 Vera Lynn - I'm Yours Sincerely & We'll Meet Again (live) 19 A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square - A pretty version.Katherine Jenkins - A Nightingale Sang - We'll Meet Again -

I have a small request. I am in the process of doing a small demo cd.

This is the first group of clips I have recorded on a site you can link to and hear in mp3 format. These are just guitar and vocal. The intros. are short and you will just hear a part of the song.

I would appreciate comments on which ones sound okay and which ones sound like crap. Maybe they all do. They are all under a minute long.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/2289299/20a84969/sharing.http://

Edited by polar bear

PB,

My Windows Media Player took a crap, and I can't seem to fix it. Have to jump through hoops to listen to MP3s via iTunes. OK, I officially hate Vista. XP was better.

Listened to three:

Blue Bayou

Come Monday

Pretty Woman

They all sounded great. Clean recordings at decent levels. Voice and guitar nicely done. I'm a duffer on both guitar and recording, so I know how hard it is! I used to do open mic nights for a while.

Thanks for sharing. I'll check out the others later.

Dan

EDIT: pretty neat filesharing site. I uploaded my cover of Lisa Tracy's "Treasure in an Earthen Vessel"

Edited by anotherDan

Dear ((((("Bear")))))

I am listening to them now! Wow!They are very good as far as I am. I have to go now so I will write back to You later!

I Love You, "Bear", RG

Dear ((((Another Dan,)))))

Your song is Great too! I think You can redownload Windows Media Player, But, You're right Vista is in so many ways crap! Everytime I listen to your song and "Bear's" too!

I Love AD, RG

Edited by RainbowsGirl

av-2889.jpg.....You can redownload Windows Media Player

I tried to do that at Microsoft.com but there doesn't seem to be a link for WMP for Vista. Tried once and it wouldn't install. Have given up for now, and getting used to iTunes. But I used to use WMP for burning and playlists, and liked it. If anyone knows how I can download and install WMP for Vista, let me know.

danhspot-signup@yahoo.com

Hey, have y'all tried Pandora Radio on the web? My daughter turned me on to it. Type in an artist to start a new "radio station" that plays their music, and music like it. Under the window is a "guide us" button, choose "add more kinds of music" and type in other artists to add to the station. Outstanding! You can have multiple stations. Easy and free.

Edited by anotherDan

Here's an original song by my daughter Sarah based upon Psalm 139: Wings of the Morning.

Haven't posted this before. She's playing an original Fender Rhodes piano, which we no longer have.

The second song is Sarah, too.

(Volume is only half way up. Hover over speaker icon to adjust)

Edited by anotherDan