GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Anniversary

likeaneagle

• 1 month later...

Even if it isnt three D live people I can see and know.

it doesnt matter to me.

When my kids grew older and asked questions as adult about the cult we were in, angry about life and how it all happened .

I realized wow it is in me.

some say allow the past to be the past and im not one on for rehearsal in life ,I wonder if there is any one eles out there that knows.

some what here they do.

im not angry anymore IM wounded .

they say move on WELL I carry this experience of bible study pfal and much much more.

i wont deny it was a part of my life or that it didnt shape my life.

at GS has allowed me a place to try to adjust to just how.

many of us are still processing that twi thing in life.

personly because i happen to buy into the meet me at the bema theory and we are family and life is very difficult for a reason so to dismiss what "i learned" is impossible.

throw out the chaff has never been my mainstay crap as i get lder Im more afraid of it than ever.

so here ALL of me just is.

and it is the only place i have that I am . cult and all.

Happy Anniversary! I am a newbie here. I thank God I was never sucked into the way. one day I will tell my story here. I was involved in scientology 20 years ago.I did not think it was a cult either. But that experience helped me save me and my sister from a near tradegy. I like the people here even the ones I disagree with. I will let it be known now I am writing a book., not about cults sort of a subplot. All of you will have to wait until it comes out.I thank everyone who helped created GSC.keep up the good work!

it makes for a complicated talk to through in yeah i learned that when i was in a cult or yeah when i was camping at the rock of ages one time, or even the whole home fellowship thing raises eye brows.

and i do not want to explain.

how can i?

and my family knows and i know they do not want me to start on THAT again.

to be honest i do not preach, or even bring up my faith unless it is a good converstion that i can feel good about.

hmm why? well to much overload of that.

i say im a christian and leave it ALL alone now more interested in what others think or can teach me.

mostly i do not go there with my life at all. and when somone eles start i walk away. i do not enjoy it anymore and do not trust religous folks

what a hoot huh?

o sorry I thought that your post said where are your friends in troubled waters and i was trying to muster up some excuse.

my bad

see??? im not real swift .

Pond

I think I understand what you are getting at regarding talking to people about the past.

For me, the hardest ones to talk to about any of this are family and in-laws who were never involved.

I sometimes feel like , somewhere, in the back of their minds, they're waiting for a chance to say,

"I told you so!" Of course, they never do but it's still kind of embarassing in a peculiar way.

NY?

I don't know a whole lot about Scientology. From what I have heard, they are also big on a version of the "Law" of believing.

You've stirred my interest in how Scientology saved your life.

Can you elaborate in the "My Story" thread?

NY?

I don't know a whole lot about Scientology. From what I have heard, they are also big on a version of the "Law" of believing.

You've stirred my interest in how Scientology saved your life.

Can you elaborate in the "My Story" thread.

Its a long story but to my it short. I was doublecrossed by my boss at scientology. My instintics kicked in. I did some investgateing and I found out what "this boss" was up too. I had a relitive who was trying to decieve me I investgated and found out what this relitive was up too. Pardon me for not giving too many details. You will have to wait until the book comes out. My experience at scientology 20 years ago I used again and it saved me and my sister from a dangerious situation. Thing are more clear to me now because when I was doing reasearch this relitive told me about the way. I was doing doing web searches and I foundGSC.When I found this site I was shocked in what I discovered here. This relitive tried to get me involved with the TWI. I was not interested.Am I glad I never joined. Be patient all will be relived in time.

Pardon me for not giving too many details. You will have to wait until the book comes out. My experience at scientology 20 years ago I used again and it saved me and my sister from a dangerious situation. Thing are more clear to me now because when I was doing reasearch this relitive told me about the way. I was doing doing web searches and I foundGSC.When I found this site I was shocked in what I discovered here. This relitive tried to get me involved with the TWI. I was not interested.Am I glad I never joined. Be patient all will be relived in time.

I really don't mean to appear unkind, but why do you keep saying that, as if your 'story' is somehow differant, better, worse, bigger, more painful or something and you hope we'll follow you around waiting for it.

I hope you've read enough here to see that we're all just people, no better or worse than another. Each story is unique and interesting and any are worthy of a book not because of TWI but because they are good people, hard working people, interesting people.

There are several books in the works, some already out, others coming out, others cathartic only in the writing, but will never see a Barnes and Nobles. Put yours together and publish it, but please don't insult us with pats on the head as if yours is better and we should salivate with anticipation.

I'd enjoy getting to know you better, whether I ever read anything with your byline or not.

Edited by Shellon Fockler-North

Back to the regularly scheduled topic...

Thanks, Paw, for the hard work you put into this place. Here's to the next seven years :beer:

(NO WAY, he screams!).

Scary that this place is still picking up survivors.

I have a good reason why I cannot reveal too much at this time. Lets just say I am on a defence mode right now. I am not out of the woods yet. I am not saying what happen to me is any better or worse that anyone else here. Lets just say I am on a yellow alert now. One mistake it could turn red. If you knew the facts you would understand. I am not in a good postion now.

• 3 months later...