GreaseSpot Cafe

No longer a Bawlteemoron?

Psalm 71 one

I'm taking my thousandth post to say this! woohoooo!

The Psalm family is moving SOUTH!!!! We just bought a house in GA-- near Atlanta. We'll be moving there the end of March--I'm packing feverishly!!! Remind me I WANTED to do this move when I come in complaining of the heat this summer, huh? LOL!

I'd love to tell all the cool things that God has done in getting all this to come to pass. (Like us finding a home down there in less than a week, us selling this townhome in one day, the dog getting lost and found again, getting our moving boxes free, selling furniture at the right time---too many to mention---too many for our family to even question God's hand in the whole thing!) But I would be typing forever and I still type too slowly!!

I'm gonna miss Maryland, It's a pretty state, but I WON'T miss their taxing and charging for anything ya blink at! (they're gonna get one last stab at our money 'fore we leave-- my license expires the first of March this year, but we're not leaving till the end of March-- gotta have a license ya know!! icon_mad.gif grrr!)

My family in Michigan was sad to hear it, though--they were hoping we'd be moving CLOSER, not farther away! icon_frown.gif:(--> That woulda been nice, but it didn't work out that way.

My boys are extremely excited-- can ya blame em? They are moving out of a yard that was 20'X30' and moving to a yard that is 1/2 acre--partly wooded, with more woods behind us! They're gonna get their own rooms, the house is more than twice the size of where we've been living and includes a garage (And a REAL driveway!! heehee!) And we'll be paying $5 more a month than we've been paying here! woohoooo!

Psalmie, I'm so excited for you!!!! Its great that things came together so well for you.

Maybe you can see ole dot down that way.

I had always enjoyed living down south and I would love to do it again. But here I am stuck in Minnesota.

Hey Psalmie, way to go! Now you can be in the state where the state song is "Georgia On My Mind"!

I grew up in Bethesda Maryland, and I always hated Baltimore. Glad you "got out".

And hey, I did a recording with me playing harmonica on that song. Wish I could post it here...

Well, have fun and "happy moving", something not foreign to we nomadic "Wayfers". We're experts at that ya know!

Vickles, I'm sure I'll fit in down south better than in Maryland! my hubby's family calls me a "hayseed".

Krys-- not only a boiled egg, but some Gerogia red clay, too!! heeheehee!

Johnny, I'm glad to be leaving also--I never did really fit in with the east coast "culture". It IS exciting to be moving again-- we'd been in this house for 7 years-- longest either of us has ever stayed in one place-- we were getting "itchy feet"!! People around here don't believe me when they say they don't envy me the packing and moving and I say I am excited about it. (Another faux pas for the Psalmie aaarrggghhh!)

I didn’t know “Georgia on my mind” was the state song! Kewl! There are a LOT of songs with Georgia in ‘em. The Devil went down to Georgia; The Night the Lights went out in Georgia, Rainy night in Georgia. (We sing em to the boys and they roll their eyes!! LOL!)

Thanks, Zshot! It's a long-anticipated move (just didn't know where! LOL)

Long Gone and Dmiller, that ole pigeon doesn't skeeer me! NYAHH!!! I'll blast him with a blue and yeller paint gun!! hahaha!!

And David, I betcha Maryland can beat Minnesota fer taxes! One of the "non-official" sayings of MD is; "Welcome to Maryland, if you can dream it, we can tax it"

Dove, siiiiiiigh, yeah, I like ya-- just alight in onea my trees and SEE how much I like ya!! muhahahahaha!!!!

I DO like the new piggy hat, but I agree with Vickles-- he looks a bit like my dog Moses, who's a little confused and tries to hump our male cat. And when Gus will have none of it, Moses stands near Gus and does "air guitar", kinda like that hillbilly pig there! hahahahaaaa! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Thanks Shell, I'll still try to get back to MI and one a these times, it would be fun to hook up!

Rascal, that's right! My kidlins would prolly have a blast with your tribe!!!

Daddyhoundog, thanks!-- okay, okay, I'm going, I'm going!!! LOL!!!!

hey Lady good news!!!

hey now that I fly...just MAYBE, when I am in the Atlanta area we could visit.

are you close to the airport??

wish I could private message you but I am not allowed private messaging, darn it

so I will have to call you since I have your number programed into my phone, I will have to

call until its to late!!! (end of march right?)

i should have called when I overnighted in DC..drat and double drat.

well lady, will try to hook up w/you soon,

love,

suzie

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Fire ants?? EEEEEK! I did hear there are bugs that you can saddle and ride, but fire ants??? Ya mean iff'n my boys and I try to build a little fort in the woods we might meet some-o them? waaahhhhh!

Where's the market? When I wasn't aware I was gonna be an Atlantaneeskan (izzat what I'll be? LOL!), it was just somewhere-down-South, in someplace I probably would never see! Now, I guess I oughta find out where!

Poor Psalmie ya gots alot to larn if'n yer gonna fit in round these parts, first thing to remember is NEVER EVER turn down grits at the Waffle House, the regulars will look atcha funny n the cook might put a little something extra in yer eggs icon_eek.gif and you will be an Atlantan as opposed to a Baltimoron, a step up I think.

As for fireants, not to worry we have alot of ticks in our woods and they just love to munch on fireants right before they begin their blood feeding frenzy, but not to worry they ain't near as bad as the skeeters.

Lemme know when ya get settled in