GreaseSpot Cafe

Walter Cummins

Larry N Moore

you could simply do a google on his name.

I tried that before I asked the question. I may be mistaken but, I think the Walter Cummins that comes up in a Google search is not the same one of TWI. There are a few hits on him but, most of those are references to his books or his involvement with TWI. Oh well -- it was just a bit of curiosity on my part and I thought someone here that tracks former leaders of TWI would have that sort of info. But like you said -- someone may pop in knowing more.

Books

You can get the books here looks like they only have one listed now maybe they are just restocking

Walter moved from New Breman to Franklin Ohio I have a address and phone for him

I believe that he is still traveling teaching some classes

Things New and Renewed

Figures of Speech

another one on enjoying the scriptures don't remember the name.

Edited by WhiteDove

Damn! $98.00 for a single book!!!!! I think I'll have to pass on that one.

Thanks for the replies. I always liked Walter. He seemed like such a "down-to-earth" sorta fellow. But, if he's charging $98.00 for a single book perhaps he's got his head stuck up his . . .

98 bucks for a book?...Hmmm, I could buy about 8 books by my 8 favorite authors for the same price...

...Can I think about it for awhile? :biglaugh:

Sure...but you might "miss the blessing." <_< :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hey you can pass or think about it all you want I have no stake in it either way Larry asked, I answered his question. My guess is that the size 680 pages and the small amount that he probably ordered for a hardbound book run he most likely was in a fairly high cost bracket per book. While I'm sure he is not loosing any money on the deal I suppose that was the point in doing the book at least in part, to make money. Much like everybody else. Either way it's a free market who cares? I just spent $175.00 for tickets to Rod Stewart who sang for about 90 minutes, my choice I could have bemoaned the fact that I could have bought all his CDs for that price, but it was my choice , He also was making money So what? no one forced me to buy the tickets Walters book is not for everyone which is fine. Perhaps the real issue is maybe some are jealous that he can market a book for that kind of money and you can't.

PS I don't think the book comes with any blessings that would be the Catholics that sell blessings they have the market pretty much cornered on that scam.

Considering window cleaners make $50 to $100 per hour (ok .. some of you guys make $200/hour) ... I wouldn't mind if Walter made some bucks ... if you think he really has something, wouldn't you pay for it? Just take it out of your abundant sharing ... I hope Walter really does find something and he is rewarded for his work ...

Considering window cleaners make $50 to $100 per hour (ok .. some of you guys make $200/hour) ... I wouldn't mind if Walter made some bucks ... if you think he really has something, wouldn't you pay for it? Just take it out of your abundant sharing ... I hope Walter really does find something and he is rewarded for his work ...

Yeah, that's a good point. And if by chance the book doesn't come up to your expectation -- look on the bright side -- you just purchased some very expensive toilet paper (you would assume for $98 the paper would at least be of high quality).

Larry Rod was as animated as always, not his usual band but very good as well. He brought along Katja the German Sax player

Katja who he gave a lot of play time to as well as sold her new CD. Played a lot of older Faces songs. None from the American Songbook series. A couple from the new CD ( not his best work) he has plenty of talent he does not need to do cover songs. Also the Bagpipers pre show was a nice touch

Everyone.....

My concern was that we not equate making money with having your head up your ............

I saw Walter and Joyce a few years back they were traveling, visiting, and teaching. They had a itinerary all mapped out and were driving in a little camper much like the Winegarner's did years ago. While older and greyer he was very much the same ole Walter, he was not flying in and staying at some fancy hotel, the camper and his pipe were enough for him. I don't remember the exact event cost but it was in the 25-30 dollar weekend rate, most of it I'd say went to the hotel for the room and refreshment service. Things New and Renewed was interesting though not earth shattering Figures of Speech was a sleeper at least for me. I'm sure Walter knew what he was talking about but it was tough to follow, Walters not your riveting public speaker but a great guy none the less. One thing for sure he was doing what he liked to do because he wanted to ,he can go where and when he wants, I think he is enjoying his post way life although I'm sure it was rough at first. As I said I think his book publication cost may be high due to the low volume of copies compared to other Christian best sellers, but I don't know just a guess. Either way he looked happy and very much down to earth and if selling a few books helps him to make ends meet I can live with that .

Edited by WhiteDove

• 1 month later...
Anyone know whatever happened to him? At the time it was announced that LCM would be the new President of TWI I had thought that it should have been Cummins instead.

Last I heard he was in Atlanta, running a small fellowship of sorts. If my memory serves me, I believe he had a website but I'm sorry, I can't remember what it was. :)

Roses

Last I heard he was in Atlanta, running a small fellowship of sorts. If my memory serves me, I believe he had a website but I'm sorry, I can't remember what it was. :)

Roses

As White Dove reported earlier, he lives in Franklin/Middletown Ohio between Dayton and Cincinnati. He has no website and no email. He gets around and teaches some; he's been up to Columbus a couple of times in the last 10 years. He was doing a camp in Virginia this summer. He publishes an occasional journal called "Scripture Consulting".