GreaseSpot Cafe

Fathers

Shellon

Happy Fathers Day to you wonderful Dads!

Take a day off and hang with your kid (s) and enjoy some recognition.

Happy day to you single mama's who do the daddy stuff too!

In 1924, President Coolidge recommended that Father's Day become a national holiday. President Johnson designated the third Sunday of June to be Father's Day in 1966. It was not until 1972 that President Nixon instituted Father's Day as a national observance.

Did You Know - Roses are the official flower on Father's Day, red for fathers who were still living and white for those who have passed on.

(www.history.com)

Happy Fathers Day to you wonderful Dads!

Take a day off and hang with your kid (s) and enjoy some recognition.

Happy day to you single mama's who do the daddy stuff too!

In 1924, President Coolidge recommended that Father's Day become a national holiday. President Johnson designated the third Sunday of June to be Father's Day in 1966. It was not until 1972 that President Nixon instituted Father's Day as a national observance.

Did You Know - Roses are the official flower on Father's Day, red for fathers who were still living and white for those who have passed on.

(www.history.com)

604.gif

Thanks for the thought Shellon... and I echo the sediments for the rest of our GSC dads (and single moms).

My father fell asleep on Father's Day one month after I got married. I will never forget our last conversation, he told me to keep astrong line of communication between me and husband..I love my dad..he was such a good father.

Happy Father's Day to all GS dads...hope your day is special..

Thanks RG for the sweet songs.

I'm going to try to embed one of my favorites, from when my daughter was young just a wee lass... if it doesn't work, I'll just post the link (it didn't work)... so,

... here it is:

Edited by Rocky

Thanks RG for the sweet songs.

I'm going to try to embed one of my favorites, from when my daughter was young just a wee lass... if it doesn't work, I'll just post the link (it didn't work)... so,

... here it is:

That song and a lot of Special father's like ((((You)))) are "Heart melters" Happy Father's Day!

Happy Fathers' Day to all those special dads and all they do!

We celebrated it here by a family outing to Story Land (in Glen, NH). A wonderful time was had by all!

(As an extra "bonus" on those days, we also relieve each other

of changing diapers on Mothers' Day or Fathers' Day -

I got all the diapers today - including the nuclear ones!) :spy:

You know... my dad died many, many years ago. And he was a difficult person to love when he was alive: very smart, almost always right (and didn't admit it when he wasn't), very stubborn, quite sarcastic, and definately quick-tempered.

But, aside from all that, we all knew he loved us. He worked his rear-end off to make sure we were all taken care of and looking back I can see where he indulged the whims of his children a lot more often than it seemed at the time... I mean, I really had a very good childhood, and I'm very thankful for that.

And every year I watch "A League of Their Own" on Father's Day because for many, many reasons it reminds me of my Dad, and it reminds me to be thankful for what I had. He was a good man.

God bless all you fathers out there!

Edited by TheHighWay

And a happy Father's Day to the step-fathers, the men who step-up when the birth father won't. I'm happy I have a wonderful Step-Father.

I'm the proud step-dad of four wonderful twenty-somethings. And now the grandfather of three sweet boys! I had a great Father's Day.

George

P.S. The kids' dad does all right by them. He and my wife just didn't work.