GreaseSpot Cafe

jessie davis, ohio

excathedra

As of this morning, it doesn't look like the baby is the Davis baby. The baby girl was left at the doorstep of a school nurse, who says she speaks confidentially to girls in difficult circumstances.

In other words, the nurse probably knows who the mother is. But they swabbed the baby's mouth for DNA, and will be checking for a match to Davis.

Meanwhile, it's turning up that Cutts, the father of Davis' children, had pleaded no contest to breaking down a door of a former girfriend's house a decade ago. And he got in trouble for allegedly leaving his service revolver with a cousin, but reporting it stolen, in 2003. It turned up in a drug raid on the cousin's house.

Cutts is separated from his wife (not Davis), with whom he also has children.

Place your bets.

"Mommy was crying. Mommy broke the table. Mommy's in the rug."

They played a clip of this little toddler saying this (how they got the clip or how it was recorded I don't know) but it broke my heart. Can you imagine this little toddler desperately trying to say what happened to his Mom and not being able to communicate beyond his little 2 year old vocabulary and mind?

Bobby Cutts, Jr., the father of Jessie Davis' two-year-old son and her unborn child, speaks out for the first time.

In an interview with the "The Repository" newspaper, Cutts says, "I did not have anything to do with Davis' disappearance."

he doesn't even call her jessie ?

How did a two year old know to call 911?

I think someone dialed the number and put the reciever in his hand. I can't get the audio to come up on this computer - so will someone please fill me in here?

Could he have been coached?

How did a two year old know to call 911?

I think someone dialed the number and put the reciever in his hand. I can't get the audio to come up on this computer - so will someone please fill me in here?

Could he have been coached?

I don't know that the toddler called 911. I know the mother of the missing woman called in hysterics, (that was heartbreaking too) then they cut to a sound bite of the little toddler. So I don't know how he was recorded.

Edited by RottieGrrrl

I don't know about this incident, but I know that my 2-year-old daughter was able to call 911. I had coached her in case her father had a medical emergency.

I'm not saying I know anything about this case, but I believe a 2-year-old can be trained to call 911.

Jessie Davis's mom stopped by the house because she hadn't heard from her daughter in a couple days. She found the house ransacked and the 2-year-old boy there alone. When she asked him where his mommy was, he said "Mommie's in the rug." He had apparently been alone for perhaps as long as a day and a night, no one is sure. It was the grandmother who called 911, not the little boy, but he has been extensively interviewed. He is staying with Grandma, I believe (thank God).

Last night on NBCi4 Columbus, OH it was stated that the dad has three children by three women, one of whom is Jessie of course. The daughter she is carrying is also his.

The police and FBI (I think is now involved) are calling in some special sonar equipment to look for her.

This is so eerily like the Lacy Peterson case. I too heard the guy, who is a Canton, Ohio police officer, stating his innocence. His house has been extensively searched and items removed. There's a rumor they found some of the bedding, but I'm not sure, will check.

Unfortunately, who would better know how to commit the perfect crime?

WG

haven't heard anything

--

when the investigation started, bobby cutt's father said:

Bobby Cutts Sr., Cutts' father, declined to make more than a brief comment when reached at his home in Orrville Monday evening.

"My son is grown and I don't get involved," he said.

i found that odd, but maybe i'm way off base

Exsie, what they said on the local news tonight was that a group of volunteer searchers found what appeared to be a freshly dug, shallow grave (6' x 3') and they brought in a team of cadaver dogs. They hadn't yet (on 6 o'clock news) said whether the dogs detected a body. I hope not, but it doesn't look good.

They also said that it could take 14 more days to determine whether the baby on the doorstep is the missing mom's baby.

And the father of her son and her baby apparently has an alibi. He spent 4 hours at a neighbrohood sports bar, where it seems everyone knows everyone, and he was seen by many witnesses. Although I don't know what that proves, just because it was the night she went missing.

Today 1800 people (I also heard 1500) showed up to help in the search and they will resume tomorrow morning unless that place the dogs are checking out turns up something.

So sad for her family. :(

I haven't heard anything new, other than the report that someone came forward and admitted leaving that baby.

The first report I heard, that said someone had "buried their stash," was later corrected; it was where someone had planted some mj. That made a lot more sense. Sometimes these on-the-fly reports, especially when it's something dramatic like a grave has been discovered, get pretty fouled up on the news.

Today about 1,000 people continued to search.

I agree that saying a fresh patch of dirt is a grave is way beyond what the media should be saying. It doesn't help the family who lost her, and it causes more emotion than is already needed in a situaiton like this.

Gosh, I hope they find her alive. It doesn't seem to hopeful though when the little boy said his mama was crying and broke the table (altercation?) and is in the rug (they wrapped her up in it?). It's scarey, and I hope my thoughts are completely wrong.