GreaseSpot Cafe

A Few Big Things I Learned Taking PFAL

Doreen

I am the one who said that Jean...not excathedra...

I am simply going by galations chapter 5 that states that those who have done what vpw are of the flesh and shall have NO inheritance in the kingdome of God....so sorry that passage doesn`t jive with what you want to believe...I`ll be darned if I can understand why that makes you mad at me.

I also base my question of his lack of EVER having been a man of the spirit by the way he repeatedly drugged and raped the sheep of the flock....hmmm lessseee....scripturally we are told to look for the fruit to identify one another....drunkeness..adultery...rape...oops he failed THAT test too...

VPW does however, fill the requirements nicely of a man of the flesh...he does fit the description of a false prophet to a *T*.....and he definitely behaved as a ravening wolf cleverly disguised in sheeps clothing, seeking whom he may devour....oh dear, but that isn`t what we WANT to believe now is it???

Lets not let scripture interfere with what you want to believe of a man whom you have probably never met nor had much exposure to.

Edited by rascal

I am the one who said that Jean...not excathedra...

I am simply going by galations chapter 5 that states that those who have done what vpw are of the flesh and shall have NO inheritance in the kingdome of God....so sorry that passage doesn`t jive with what you want to believe...I`ll be darned if I can understand why that makes you mad at me.

I also base my question of his lack of EVER having been a man of the spirit by the way he repeatedly drugged and raped the sheep of the flock....hmmm lessseee....scripturally we are told to look for the fruit to identify one another....drunkeness..adultery...rape...oops he failed THAT test too...

VPW does however, fill the requirements nicely of a man of the flesh...he does fit the description of a false prophet to a *T*.....and he definitely behaved as a ravening wolf cleverly disguised in sheeps clothing, seeking whom he may devour....oh dear, but that isn`t what we WANT to believe now is it???

Lets not let scripture interfere with what you want to believe of a man whom you have probably never met nor had much exposure to.

I was quoting excathedra's post #685 on the previous page. My post was addressed to excathedra and to Dot Matrix, and I don't understand how you managed to insert yourself into the middle of it, but since you have, let's take a quick look at the fruit in your life; wrath, bitterness, strife, rejoicing in unrighteousness, grudge-holding, slander.

'Mad at you', not at all. Once again, I have yet to break a sweat in this conversation or any other on Greasespot. I think what's happening is that YOU'RE angry and projecting that emotion onto me; but just because you're emotional doesn't necessarily mean I am. As I have said before, I think this needs to be judged on a case-by-case basis, and I have neither the wisdom or the time to take that burden on myself.

By all means, let's not let scripture interfere with what YOU want to believe of that man.

Jean sweety, why not meet me in chat? Maybe you will find that I am not the person that you think I am.

I think that you are just mad because what the scriptures reveal about vpw...I am sorry about that. He had a chance to do great good....he chose instead to harm...shrug

John I think Rascal is being nice --

After Jean said this:

I don't understand how you managed to insert yourself into the middle of it, but since you have, let's take a quick look at the fruit in your life; wrath, bitterness, strife, rejoicing in unrighteousness, grudge-holding, slander.

quote: Lets not let scripture interfere with what you want to believe of a man whom you have probably never met nor had much exposure to.

I bet the devil said something like that to Jesus in Matt 4 and Luke 4 only with 'a god whom' instead of 'a man whom'.

You know??? EVEN if all of those things you said about me were true....which is pretty silly....as eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil as you accuse me of being...lol ... I must admit that I have never ONCE been tempted to rape anybody nor drugged anybody nor deliberately shattered a life that I know of...I am not an alcoholic...I don`t steal from people in the name of God....I am not an adulterer.....those are just the sins witnessed by posters on THIS thread.....

.I think maybe your venom oughtta be directed at the man who did these things in the name of God....and destroyed hundreds if not thousands of lives..

I just think your mad because the man you put your trust in flunked every known test in the bible that would indicate that he was *of the spirit*

Edited by rascal

Larry, it took me over eight hours to read this thread. No lie. And that was even with some considerable fast-forwarding once I caught the drift of some of the posters. It's not really worth it. As has been said, this is done once or twice every year. There is gold to be gleaned.... I don't know, maybe worth it. I will leave it to your judgment. Overall, I'd agree with your initial impression. :offtopic:

That being said, the high volume from one quarter has a reason; there is profound hurt that remains and NEEDS to be dealt with, somehow. I only wish to God that a bulletin board could somehow provide what is truly needed, and maybe it can.

Dan <--- big time hugger! I'm in.

Dan, I appreciate your meekness of heart. It's refreshing. Because of that, I find your advice easily taken and I'll probably follow it.

Everyone deals with their pain in different ways. Hopefully they won't have to deal with it the rest of their lives. I believe it's highly possible that God has brought some people here (GS) to work through it. I think Gamaliel said it best when he said: ". . . for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." I don't see myself as an "instrument" for God in this regard. However, I hope I'm not an "instrument" against God.

Jeaniam said

Possibly, my statement was somewhat judgmental, but I, at least, have not called anyone on this thread 'f**king a**holes' or other creative uses of four-lettered insults.
Neither did I.

I said:

Look into the eyes of your daughter, and tell me if she came home as Catcup's sister did... and years later you discovered your daughter was raped by her pastor -- would you need a judge and jury to speak out? Seeing how fiesty you are, I bet you would camp on "his" door step and warn the world to save others from injury and to validate any other victims. I cannot believe you would behave as you have here.

Jeaniam said:

And, Dot, it is not possible for me to camp on his doorstep, and proclaim his alleged misdeeds to the heavens, and warn others away from taking part in his ministry. He's dead.
I said her pastor -- not VPW thought you'd make the jump here.

Jeaniam said this:

I had long ended my participation in TWI, and I maintain that there is a big difference between continuing to believe that much of what I learned in PFAL about the Bible was true and continuing to follow VPW.

Great!!!

Then, you are willing to give the actual author of the class credit; BG Leonard!

Our camps are not far apart.

I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him.

-- Booker T. Washington

It is pointless to argue over what we believe to be true when our beliefs are way more powerful and destructive than any knowledge we could ever gain.

-- Terry McGhee (screen name - thief of dreams)

quote: Then, you are willing to give the actual author of the class credit; BG Leonard!

Except that BG Leonard didn't get the info to me, VP Wierwille did. Why not give him credit for that? I really don't think God is too perturbed about it.

Come into chat and tell me all about it....or is it more fun to derail a thread because of your personal dislike rather than the facts at hand?

Derail a thread? That has been, perhaps, my biggest beef here the whole time! Please Rascal, don't go there! This thread has been SO derailed it is amazing! If this thread had been titled "Rape, Sexual Abuse, and Destroyed Lives In The Way", I would have left the whole thing alone. But, y'all came in here and literally changed the whole thing. And THAT is why I got so bone headed and hacked off back there around page 11 or so, ro whenever it was...

If anyone here is an alcoholic, besides VPW the great man himself, perhaps they drink to forget being raped.

I do not drink. On a rare occasion I have a wine cooler. But that is not the point.

Jeaniam how dare you speak to Rascal like that?

Grudge holding? How so? You defend an evil man. She exposes him - therefore she holds a grudge?

Many people crawl to GSC looking for answers or deliverance from also being conned, raped, or heart broken. If they find you praising the man who did that to them, they may never get healed. She and others post on these kinds of threads to expose the illusion.

Wrath?- I would say indignation over the posts that people who still laud VPW to the sky present

Bitterness - you are saying that because when people like you bring up the great memories of VP, she brings up the dangerous side. You do not like it so you call her bitter.

Rejoicing in unrighteousness - got me stumped there, she is one of the straightest people I know, and surely does not REJOICE in unrighteouness

Slander? How so? She tells her truth which doesn't match yours so it is slander?

Strife? I'd say you cause her as much strife as she causes you. You've been no laid back seetie pie since you've been here

So, how's that non judgemental thing working for you? Jeaniam?

Edited by Dot Matrix

Except that BG Leonard didn't get the info to me, VP Wierwille did. Why not give him credit for that? I really don't think God is too perturbed about it.
You do not think God id perturbed that a wonderful man of God had his class hijacked?

I think he is

I am glad you got to hear things from the class by hook or by crook -- I imagine

But look at all that was lost...

I do not think heaven was happy about the class being hijacked.

If that is where you were born-again then praise Jesus, God can work in a crap storm

Jean's gone to bed....laughing.

It is nice to know I can bring a chuckle

Edited by Dot Matrix