GreaseSpot Cafe

A Few Big Things I Learned Taking PFAL

Doreen

When I read Mr. Strange's post, I thought, "Holy Crud! The guy's reading my mind!" I too had been away for quite some time before I came here and got a byotch slap of reality straight to the face.

For a long time, I felt like bad things that had taken place in my life must have been caused by my leaving the "one true household" or because I was "out of fellowship" in some way that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

In some strange way, it brought me a sense of relief to find that it wasn't because of my leaving TWI.

Why would God allow bad things to happen in my life because I chose to leave a CULT???

That just doesn't make sense.

I haven't told everything I know or have seen, but I have my own special reasons for feeling quite strongly that VPW was not the great Man Of God he has been portrayed to be. In fact, I have my own personal reasons for believing he was much to the contrary. I don't feel compelled to elaborate.

When I read Groucho's post, it set the wheels( of thought) spinning.

I formally studied acting at one time in my life about a thousand years ago.

I even worked with two different Equity companies.

Mostly, my parts were limited to the "Dinner is served." variety.

I was never any kind of great actor.

I did, however, have enough formal training, by well known professionals, to at least offer an educated critique.

I, too, think the guy was giving a performance. Real people can't simply turn it on and off at the drop of a hat.

Actors can----------at least in the context of a performance.That's why it's called "acting".

Wierwille was clever enough to never "fall out of character" while he was "on stage".

Here is part of my critique of his performance, both in PFAL and live on stage.

He was masterful at manipulating both pace and timing. He was exceptionally skilled at reading the mood of the audience, or, in the case of PFAL, the anticipated audience.

He was quite good at drawing on previous experiences to elicit the appearance of genuine emotion(ie: method acting.)

He knew how to separate himself off stage from the character he portrayed on stage----- a skill that is vitally important to maintaining believability when the curtain goes up.

I guess I should really say those are some big things I learned as a RESULT of taking PFAL.

Edited by waysider

Don't fret Eyes,

We do this about once a year.

So this is a tradition? Well by all means carry on.... :biglaugh:

Don't mind me I'm a bit emotional today. I shouldn't post when I get all emotional. 'Cause then I just want to do a group hug! Ok I'm better now... :blink:

Waysider:

Funny you should break it down to be so easily understood...

The evil girl, Marsha talks about, is also the evil girl who tried to ruin my life. She was always acting.

One time, one of her WOW's came to pour their heart out or something, and she cried with them, when they left she told me "God gave me the tears" she really hadn't felt anything. Which god? She was a minister and one of VP's hookers. Very early corps. So, she could act. She would go on stage with the "keep it in your pants" message to the WOW's then we would go to a bar, where she would get so drunk, she would "function" without memory, and I would have to tell her what she had done the night before.... As she lay in bed with a "pick-up" guy with whom she had had sex.

Yes, hot Bible, telling the WOW's to keep it in their pants, and she was out of hers with a stranger less than 4 hours later.

Eyes

It's okay baby, you just have a big heart

Edited by Dot Matrix

Yes, Eyes unfortunately we go 'round the same mountain yearly if not bi-yearly. (More or less)

There are usually more people who speak out against the horrid treatment dished to those who speak out, but Raf is on the honeymoon (or just back) Zixar doesn't vist often, Satori must be busy at home with the new family, I haven't seen Sunesis either this time, unfortunately we lost George (longgone) and (maybe) Jimmy Dopp as they passed away - what wonderful people they were.

The pro VPW -- "he couldn't have done that, even if he did I will follow him, where is the proof?" camp, lost MIKE. But they picked up Jeaniam.

Edited by Dot Matrix

Someone asked me what the theme to ROA 79 was in an email as I have things listed on ebay.

It was not listed on the tapes. I asked hubby to mute tv or we could listen to the Sunday nite tape till we found out the theme.

Loved hearing Ted do "Attic of your Mind" and Daystar "Blessed is the Nation" and Joyful Noise "He Lifted Me" but when the vicsters started his spiel, I could see how spell bound most (not all) of his "keeds" were and why we were in such awe of him.

HE WAS GOOD at what he did.Hubby just shook his head as he has never been 'way'.

Anyway, for those who even want to know..... The Renewed Mind--The Key of Power was the theme.

BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as he mentioned the theme, we shut the tape off. That was enough for me. Just hearing his voice is freaky 28 years later.

God forgive me for ever falling for this line of crap.

edited to correct spelling

Edited by act2

yeah.. the vicster came in riding on the sholders of giants..

Sometimes it's not about being a Pharisee... it's about making sure that you're not wrong.

I thought that was the pharisee mindset. So afraid.. that they'd break the sabbath.. that they'd accidentally swallow a mite.. however, they missed the camel..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

so afraid.. that people cross their t's, and dot their I's correctly.. god forbid that the abuser and rapist not get a "fair" trial..

honestly, I'm in favor of "fairness" as the next guy..

but to find "the man of gawd for our day, time and hour" standing naked at the door..

It's like the Clinton tactic..

give them enough evidence, that they will choke themselves in legal formalities, that they can never catch up with a person..

after all, "nobody" can be THAT evil, that arrogant.. or can they?

I'll take "Dooj" ;)

I'm not sure what your opinions are regarding VPW - so I'm leaving it alone. I posted the definition and that's all - because you said that the word was being used incorrectly.

I wouldn't change careers yet ...

I said:

I think this is where you might be finding the flack you're receiving here. You have no eyes to look into - and the cold hard logic is just not cutting it. Lawyers prove everyday that logic doesn't always get you to the truth - it only gets you to what you can prove.

Lawyers get advice and information from experts in fields they have no knowlege in. They do this not only to get cold hard facts, but also to gain insight into those things that logic simply cannot reach or cover. Even if the testimony isn't used in the courtroom -an expert can help them gain incredible insight. Profilers are used to help pick juries as well as to help find criminals.

Parts of your posts tell me that you might handle this differently if you were dealing with a person who's eyes you get to see. This is what is Catcup's specialty - her training.

While it doesn't fit in with logic - looking at patterns is equally valuable - while you may not want to live your life and make decisions based on this skill - it is still a valuable part of getting to the truth.

You say you're dedicated to the truth. The truth is not only about what you can prove. It's deeper and doesn't always fit into a neat little syllagism.

I wouldn't change careers yet ...

Oh well I did not want to go to class anyway :wink2:

I guess I was not really trying to sway the jury or win the case just explaining why I believe what I do...........

Hi Dot! Great to see you. Yes, I put my two cents in this thread somewhere, I don't feel like slogging through it to find it.

This is another GS classic thread. Yeah, it does seem we do this once or twice a year or so.

I was thinking of this quote during this thread:

The author is expounding on Christ's saying: Come hither, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

He says:

"Come hither all, all, all of you, with Him is rest, and He makes no difficulties, He does but one thing, He opens his arms. He will not first (as righteous people do, alas, even when they are willing to help) - He will not first ask thee, "Art though not after all to blame for thy misfortune? Has thou in fact no cause for self-reproach?".... But he will put no such questions to thee, He will not be thy benefactor in so cruel a fashion. If thou thyself art conscious of being a sinner, he will not inquire of thee about it, the bruised reed He will not further break, but he will raise thee up if thou will attach thyself to Him. He will not single thee out by contrast, holding thee apart from Him, so that thy sin will seem still more dreadful; He will grant the a hiding place within Him, and once hidden in Him He will hide thy sins.... He does not stand and wait, he goes forth to seek, as the shepherd sought the lost sheep, as the woman sought the lost coin. He goes - yet no, he has gone, but infinitely farther than any shephard or any woman, He went, in sooth, the infinitely long way from being God to becoming man, and that way He went in search of sinners.

S. Kierkegaard.

This is for Excie, Marsha, Dot, Rascal, Catcup, et al. For all who have been hurt, yet still open their hearts and lives so others may learn - He does but one thing, He opens his arms.

Sometimes it's not about being a Pharisee... it's about making sure that you're not wrong.

I have no idea what has transpired in WhiteDove's life and I won't pretend to. The following does not pertain to him:

Someone I've known for a long time reverts to logic and fact on a regular basis. The reason? (And this is the reason HE gives for the way he is.) When he was in first grade, he was answering a question in class and the teacher said, "Be quiet! You don't know what you're talking about!" The end result is that this person does whatever he can to be "right" - including bullying someone with logic.

See that's the thing there is no right or wrong in this case no good no bad it's just facts do they prove the burden of truth? Or not? - Truth -a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like:

Stories are like puzzles they have many parts or pieces each contributes what is what it can to the picture when all the pieces are together you have the picture if the pieces however don't fit in the spaces you have a problem. I don't feel right or wrong why would I it is only like a math equation does A = B there is no feeling in that.

We all have wounds that we deal with...

I paid the price of Solitude, But at last I'm out of Debt - Dylan

Edited by WhiteDove

"Behold, I come. Naked. Standing at the door. I will richly "reward" the faithful.. rendering "due benevolence" upon hundreds, if not thousands, and recompensing to each man (God forbid, let it not be.. lest they think me "funny") his due reward, or hers, or the lack therof, lest my fifty some year old "manhood" be held in ill regard."...

WhiteDove - I have was not referring to you in the last post you quoted. In fact, I even said so. I don't think you're a Pharisee, I do think that you are sticking to your model a little too aggressively - but you have said that that is what you need to do for your life.

Stories are like puzzles. They have many parts or pieces. Each contributes what is what it can to the picture. When all the pieces are together you have the picture. If the pieces however, don't fit in the spaces you have a problem. I don't feel right or wrong. Why would I? It is only like a math equation. Does A = B? There is no feeling in that.

I took the liberty of adding punctuation to make this a bit clearer~dooj

I'm not sure I know where the "pieces that don't fit in the spaces" are for you. I know that you don't have an eyewitness - but you do have expert testimony. Here in the forums it would be pointless to ask for an eyewitness, because your standard for such would have to not include the internet (I think I have that right.) Furthermore, there is usually not an eyewitness in rape.

On the other hand, you have said that you are inclined to believe VP did do these things.

Sunesis, great quote, brother, great exhortation. Unlucky in love was he!

dmiller ah! someone read it! thanks!

how many lurkers will read this thread?

Edited by anotherDan

Hi Dot! Great to see you. Yes, I put my two cents in this thread somewhere, I don't feel like slogging through it to find it.

This is another GS classic thread. Yeah, it does seem we do this once or twice a year or so.

I was thinking of this quote during this thread:

The author is expounding on Christ's saying: Come hither, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

He says:

"Come hither all, all, all of you, with Him is rest, and He makes no difficulties, He does but one thing, He opens his arms. He will not first (as righteous people do, alas, even when they are willing to help) - He will not first ask thee, "Art though not after all to blame for thy misfortune? Has thou in fact no cause for self-reproach?".... But he will put no such questions to thee, He will not be thy benefactor in so cruel a fashion. If thou thyself art conscious of being a sinner, he will not inquire of thee about it, the bruised reed He will not further break, but he will raise thee up if thou will attach thyself to Him. He will not single thee out by contrast, holding thee apart from Him, so that thy sin will seem still more dreadful; He will grant the a hiding place within Him, and once hidden in Him He will hide thy sins.... He does not stand and wait, he goes forth to seek, as the shepherd sought the lost sheep, as the woman sought the lost coin. He goes - yet no, he has gone, but infinitely farther than any shephard or any woman, He went, in sooth, the infinitely long way from being God to becoming man, and that way He went in search of sinners.

S. Kierkegaard.

This is for Excie, Marsha, Dot, Rascal, Catcup, et al. For all who have been hurt, yet still open their hearts and lives so others may learn - He does but one thing, He opens his arms.

Wow, that is an awesome quote, gave me goosebumps, amen to that!

Parable of the Pharisee and the Publican

KJV Luke 18:9-14

(9) And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

(10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

(11) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

(12) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

(13) And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

(14) I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

As I see it... here....

Two believers went to Greasespot to discuss the cult they used to be in and find themselves in a discussion...

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God I stand for the truth and will not fold or bend without proof. I stand for truth. I stand for the law and the bearings required by law have not been met. Therefore, I stand before all, righteous, as I did not bend but stood. I stand upon your word.

And the publican, standing afar off, felt dirty and would not even lift up their eyes, Father, I do not know what happened I was looking for you, truly seeking you God, and instead I was sexually raped by a man who claimed to know you, I feel so stupid and ugly, I have not been able to find my backbone or my core for twenty years, if you will but scrape me off the side walk and breath life back into me, I will seek you again and try to find all I can be in you.... I lay before you, face down breathe your life into me so I may rise up and find myself again.

It took excat, all of Waydale and about 8 years here to tell her story in one page. She would dribble things out like a child unable to articulate what had happened. One post she may just say ...like Weirwolf did to me. 6 months later sarcastically, "yes, he healed me!" A year later, "watch out for that motor coach."

When she drizzled her story out, she has been met with wrath and distain. She would delete the fragments she was brave enough to write - then withdrawal. One time, tired of her taking YEARS to drizzle the story out, and having people think she looked like she couldn't complete a sentence, I put all her sentences together and posted them. She called me hysterical 'cause she could not look at the words, they hurt too much.

Now, she put it all together finally. In a readable format. And she was met by insensitivity, pharisaical attitudes and inanity it has been beyond cruel.

From people telling her that maybe VP was trying to heal her, yes, heal childhood rape – by adult rape. To saying, perhaps she choose him, to demanding blue dress proof...

I am glad that our Lord does not treat us the way you people have treated this woman excath, Catcup and poor Marsha here. It was so bad, I bet the heavens wept. And to think some of you are comfortable with that is appalling. And what gets me is YOU people think you are standing for the God of love written of in the Bible.

One of you, even seemed to derive pleasure out of her crumbling. May God deal with you accordingly. I have loved some of you, one of you ordained and a favorite of mine, and now I am in a state of shock that YOU people who have shown warmth and compassion for animals, could rise to such meanness to a harmed believer. Shame on you and your hard hearts.

Edited by Dot Matrix

So this is a tradition? Well by all means carry on.... :biglaugh:

Don't mind me I'm a bit emotional today. I shouldn't post when I get all emotional. 'Cause then I just want to do a group hug! Ok I'm better now... :blink:

way-way-way-way-way-waywaywaywayway-wait a minute!

I want in on that group hug.

.I was thinking of this quote during this thread:

He says:

S. Kierkegaard.

Nice.

Long ago I learned the first rule of leadership is FOLLOW ME!

Let us follow the example of our Lord....

Parable of the Pharisee and the Publican

KJV Luke 18:9-14

(9) And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

(10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

(11) The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

(12) I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

(13) And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

(14) I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

As I see it... here....

Two believers went to Greasespot to discuss the cult they used to be in and find themselves in a discussion...

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God I stand for the truth and will not fold or bend without proof. I stand for truth. I stand for the law and the bearings required by law have not been met. Therefore, I stand before all, righteous, as I did not bend but stood. I stand upon your word.

And the publican, standing afar off, felt dirty and would not even lift up their eyes, Father, I do not know what happened I was looking for you, truly seeking you God, and instead I was sexually raped by a man who claimed to know you, I feel so stupid and ugly, I have not been able to find my backbone or my core for twenty years, if you will but scrape me off the side walk and breath life back into me, I will seek you again and try to find all I can be in you.... I lay before you, face down breathe your life into me so I may rise up and find myself again.

It took excat, all of Waydale and about 8 years here to tell her story in one page. She would dribble things out like a child unable to articulate what had happened. One post she may just say ...like Weirwolf did to me. 6 months later sarcastically, "yes, he healed me!" A year later, "watch out for that motor coach."

When she drizzled her story out, she has been met with wrath and distain. She would delete the fragments she was brave enough to write - then withdrawal. One time, tired of her taking YEARS to drizzle the story out, and having people think she looked like she couldn't complete a sentence, I put all her sentences together and posted them. She called me hysterical 'cause she could not look at the words, they hurt too much.

Now, she put it all together finally. In a readable format. And she was met by insensitivity, pharisaical attitudes and inanity it has been beyond cruel.

From people telling her that maybe VP was trying to heal her, yes, heal childhood rape – by adult rape. To saying, perhaps she choose him, to demanding blue dress proof...

I am glad that our Lord does not treat us the way you people have treated this woman excath, Catcup and poor Marsha here. It was so bad, I bet the heavens wept. And to think some of you are comfortable with that is appalling. And what gets me is YOU people think you are standing for the God of love written of in the Bible.

One of you, even seemed to derive pleasure out of her crumbling. May God deal with you accordingly. I have loved some of you, one of you ordained and a favorite of mine, and now I am in a state of shock that YOU people who have shown warmth and compassion for animals, could rise to such meanness. Shame on you and your hard hearts.

Again, Dot, this is a really deep thread. I think VP had a pattern of picking on those he sniffed out had been abused as children.

Excie, God bless you for your courage. I pray that all the precious things that were stolen from you will be restored in a deep way within your soul and in your life. You are a precious gift, and a feisty one at that!

Yes, he not only sniffed - he read birth to the corps (those papers we had to write about our lives, for those of you not corps) and picked people according to the brokeness of their past.

And may God protect Marsha from the harshness found here. And Lord help Catcup's sister heal.