GreaseSpot Cafe

A Few Big Things I Learned Taking PFAL

Doreen

I don't HATE VPW - BUT I DO HATE WHAT HE DID.

Those actions became like a giant spiderweb. You've seen them on a dewy morning, shimmering in the rising sun. They are amazing! THEY AREN'T SO AMAZING FOR THE INSECTS THAT GET CAUGHT IN IT.

So while you love the shimmering dew on the spun silk - there are those who were caught and entangled that still feel the sting of the fangs and the venom surging and paralyzing them.

And then there are the broken marriages that resulted from this abuse. I wonder how many men are divorced because their wives were told to "just get over it" and never found peace. I wonder how many children come from these homes.

All those things you say you learned and still believe - they were the eye candy (the heart candy - if you will) that drew many into a web of pain.

There's more to it than just what blessed you and others...

Doojable

Actually it was Johniam, not Jonny Lingo, who stated there where things in BG's class that were deliberately left out of PFAL.

I asked if he would care to elaborate but never saw these differences addressed.

Might now be as good a time as any to do so?

Waysider, I know that it was Johniam who made that statement. I was just obviating should that argument arise again.

He seems silent on that matter though...

"Drugging rape....death..broken marriages...children aborted.....

These do not bear the ear marks of a spiritually healthy foundation. "

To which I could only reply - DUH!

Which makes me think that those that continue to hang onto the twisted dogma and mythology of WayWorld and propound how wonderful it was "back then" must have some serious mental stuff going on.

Sorry Wayferites, I can't think of any other way to accomodate such preposterous beliefs, especially in light of what we know now. You're whacked, that's the only conclusion I can come to...

Once again, I do not deny VPWs sins and the hurt that they caused. But I am also thankful that he taught that class and that I took it.

I agree.

I really don't know what happened along the way.

Tragic... how it turned out.

I don't believe the heart that dreamed up twi..ORIGINALLY...(remember this word) dreamed it up as an alternative to a swingers club.

I've often wondered how and when did it all go so very wrong.

I wish I could turn back the clock to the very first time VPW was "tempted" and scream "DO NOT DO THIS!!!"

But I can't.

How, on earth, did it go from "wow" WORD OVER THE WORLD (very powerful vision) to 1-900-TWI-SEXY ???

I think it could have been the greatest thing ever.

I thought it was.

For years.

Who knew ,one day, ... A lot of people would need healing because of it.

Johnny, That was a powerful post about your dad's healing. Thank you.

I'm glad you had the tools you needed for that situation.

Whether pfal was stolen,inspired, or not (personally ,I think it was a combo deal) ...it worked for me too. I'm glad i had that opportunity.

When I look back on my years in twi. I can't arrive at one single opinion of it.

I have many.

My experiences are just too varied.

Can you imagine ...what it would be like today... if it hadn't "all gone south"

WOW INDEED !!!

More than anger (and there's a lot of it at times) is sadness.

Here's how I see it:

(horrible) 1<----------50---------->100 (awesome)

Each memory places me at a different point on the spectrum.

Lots of 1's, 50's, 75's, & 100's

I guess there's room in my head for all of them. AND for hearing those different numbers ,from others , as well.

One person's "75" does not "trump" another persons "10" and vice-versa. IMHO.

None of our experiences are a carbon copy of another's.

Opinions are like...um...hmmm...NOSES yeah! that's it.(cleaned up version)

We all have them... AND no two are exactly alike (ok,ok... barring plastic surgery)

One memory does not validate or nullify another.

They are PERSONAL and UNIQUE... to that individual.

there's my 2 cents... ( ok, 5)

"For the works that I do, ye shall do also, and greater works than these shall ye do for I go unto my father."

And I was like Yeah! Man that was and IS cool to the max! And shortly after learning these things, my Daddy had a heart attack, and was in the hospital at death's door. And being the foolish nineteen year old that I was to believe such "clap trap", I drove to the hospital after I'd learned it, went into the waiting room to be with my Mom and brothers and sister to see what was going on. At some point the doctor came and told us that my Dad was in dire straits and probably wouldn't make it. At that point I just prayed to God within myself and said; "Well God, Jesus said that the works that he did, I could do also. Here goes and thanks for being with me". I walked into the ICU to his bedside, was told by the doctors to leave, looked into my dear sweet Dad's frightened eyes as he was gasping for air, and I held his ankles (there were doctors on either side of the bed) and in the name of Jesus Christ ministered healing to him by claiming the promise of God that He wills that we be prosperous and be in health. Immediately his breathing eased and the fear in his eyes subsided. And I told him that he was going to be alright. And then I went back into the waiting room. I told my family that he was going to be okay because God had healed him. Sometime later, we heard a literal "whooping" coming from the intensive care unit. I went through the door followed by my family, and there was a different doctor excitedly explaining to the one that I had seen earlier saying that the initial EKG (or whatever they used to determine the damage) that showed a seventy percent destruction of his heart, "must have been a mistake! Because the second one that we took now shows that everything is fine!" Just then, as if on cue, like in a movie or something, the nurse says; "Doctor, his pulse! Look!" And we turned and there at my Dad's bedside was some sort of digital pulse monitor that was dropping dramatically from a near fibrillation state to a nice and normal pulse. And my Dad had tears streaming down his smiling face. And then the whooping Doctor said really loud; "We're in Fat City baby!" And I'll never forget that as long as I live, for we had all witnessed a miracle. And then when the doctors began to talk of how this could have happened, I simply told them that they had witnessed a miracle of healing and that it was done in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. "Two of you were there when I prayed" I told them, "and you know full well what has happened here, and God Almighty gets the glory!" And then I went over and on some kind of a nurses marker board next to my Dad's bed, I wrote this verse from Jeremiah;

"Behold, I am the lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for me?"

And the answer to that rhetorical question is an obvious and resounding "NO". And I told my Dad that he'd just been healed and that he'd be fine. And then, I asked him if he believed Romans 10;9, and with tears he replied; "Well I sure as hell do now! And thank you so much son, I am so proud of you", as he gripped my hand.

--------------------

Zaka muka! Ngiku zololay! Ozala kamoto!

Great testimony Jonny! It really inspires me. I pray that there are many more great miracles and salvations like this in your life and those you inspire.

IMO that's what life's all about, loving Jesus and doing the works He did and greater. Lord give us more of you!

Great testimony Jonny! It really inspires me. I pray that there are many more great miracles and salvations like this in your life and those you inspire.

IMO that's what life's all about, loving Jesus and doing the works He did and greater. Lord give us more of you!

Stunning!

The sad part is there are probably some here who wisht it had never happened....

i thank god and my lord jesus christ for things i learned in pfal that brought be closer to them

i'm also very sorry i ever met vpw

and i think our lord understands me (same with you, of course)

--

(i don't agree that he, vp, was a man like any other with his good points and bad ones ~ what i mean is that minimalizes "regular" guys ~ i believe he had a responsibility when he decided to speak for god)

hope that makes sense

Stunning!

The sad part is there are probably some here who wisht it had never happened....

Why would you say that? I am able to seperated the power of the living God from a weirdo teaching a class.

Johnny believed the Bible and a miracle happened! Praise Jesus!

"For the works that I do, ye shall do also, and greater works than these shall ye do for I go unto my father."

I too am at a loss as to why anyone would think I wouldn`t rojoice at God`d goodness to any single one of us.

One of the most clear cut miracles I ever swa happened to me while I was in twi........

I have a friend that I admire greatly because of her spiritual wallk....she is awsome....she is also a mormon..

I have another good friend...we have learned and grown together as christians...I have seen God work mightily in her life...she is a staunch catholic...

I have a friend who is an agnostic...her child drown...her baby was found by a two year old that refused to give up when the adults wouldn`t listen...she percevered untill someone would listen....the babies lifeless body was pulled from the water...no vitals...someone preformed cpr....she lived...I rejoice that God was at work in that situation...

The way I see it...God works and I thank him for it no matter how spiritually bankrupt the organization that we chose to involve ourselves with and within whatever perameters we set up within which we will allow him to work.

It was un ugly thing to say `cid.....

Well, I learned today why I don't like golf. After playing 18 holes and $40 I still suck at hitting that little white ball in the direction it's suppose to go. Why can't they make the damn thing bigger!?!?!

The best thing about spending five and half hours chasing some little white ball around trees; up and down hills and looking through weeds (for the ones that got away from me) was giving my son a good day of laughing at me as I cussed and swung my custom made clubs (cost me $100 at the time) and hitting air quite a lot instead of that blasted little white ball. Did I mention I think they should make the dang thing bigger? Oh, I guess I did.

So that's what I learned from playing golf.

:unsure:

Oh! Wait a minute. I just realized this thread isn't about golf. My bad. :)

Did I mention what my score was? No. Well excluding the mulligans -- the golf course was running a special on them today -- I had a score of 123. Not bad -- if I was playing 36 holes instead of just 18.

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

ROFL -dont feel bad the last time I played which was many years ago, I had a score of 111. I thought the higher the score the better. so I retired after that game thinking there was no way I could ever beat that score again.

BTW- did I mention that was on a 9 hole course. :asdf:

Edited by JustSayNO

Ya know -- My son and I were talking about going to see the movie -- Bourne Ultimatum -- instead of golfing. In hindsight we should have gone to see the movie. Golf! What a sucky game!!!!!! I hate it -- I tell ya.

I though the higher the score the better.

Well, if they WON'T make that damn little white ball bigger then I insist they change the rules so the higher the score the better. I'm on a MISSION from God to see they do that.

Ya know -- My son and I were talking about going to see the movie -- Bourne Ultimatum -- instead of golfing. In hindsight we should have gone to see the movie. Golf! What a sucky game!!!!!! I hate it -- I tell ya.

Why didn't you just "believe bigger?" :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Well, if they WON'T make that damn little white ball bigger then I insist they change the rules so the higher the score the better. I'm on a MISSION from God to see they do that.

Cheaper and more enjoyable, I agree

Believing for bigger balls -hmmm

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic. -what was it again??

Why didn't you just "believe bigger?" :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Guess I just have a small mind. Why the hell didn't I just believe I could walk on water on those occasions when my ball went splash? Seemed like taking a mulligan was easier to do.

Believing for bigger balls -hmmm

:biglaugh: I wouldn't know what to do with them even if that's possible. ;)