GreaseSpot Cafe

JEFF BLACKBURN/JOHN LYNN...IS THE CRISIS OVER?

I'd have to agree with you there... except I'd put it at 100%...

Well, I can never claim absolute certainty. John may surprise even me.

All of those "leaders" who took the vows to live by that creed would rather take their chances on the whole thing going away quietly or letting folks come to whatever conclusion they wish than EVER come forth publicly (here or their own website)... because at least that way they have some chance of holding onto whatever shred of a 'ministry' they still have... they KNOW that if they ever had to "face the music" that it would all come tumbling down...

What they fail to realize is that it already has... it just lasts a little longer this way.

Then I suppose God will have to raise up others to spread the Gospel. He's done it in the past, so it's not exactly as if He doesn't have the experience or know-how to do so.

HELLO ONCE AGAIN JEFF BLACKBURN AND JOHN LYNN!..........CHECKING YOUR FORUM ONCE MORE TO SEE IF EITHER OF YOU GUYS HAS POSTED ANYTHING!!........STILL LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE'NT.......................

FROM YOUR ARTICLE, "OUR VIEW OF CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALITY".......

From this bondage of the flesh we need to be steadily transformed into his image (Rom. 12:2). Breakthrough, or real spiritual transformation, occurs in the heart with a sense of conviction of specific sins, and results from us accepting personal responsibility for our unbiblical attitudes and actions. This requires real openness of heart and mind and an honest accounting for the hurt we have caused God, the Lord, ourselves, and others. As it is written, we must confess and renounce our sins to experience the greatness of God’s mercy:

Proverbs 28:13

He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

AGAIN, JEFF AND JOHN.......YOUR WORDS SPEAK HIGHLY OF "ACCEPTING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY", AND, "AN HONEST ACCOUNTING"..........BUT YOU HAVE POSTED NO WORDS HERE YET, AND THE ACTION YOU SEEM TO BE TAKING CERTAINLY APPEARS TO RUN CONTRARY TO YOUR "VIEW OF CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALITY"!!.........STILL HOPING YOU'LL POST SOME ANSWERS HERE!...................THANKS....................PEACE.

Edited by Don'tWorryBeHappy

I kind of agree... and "them" hanging on is standing in the way...

or it may be that God doesn't really like the fact that folks just seem to be erecting the same old kool-aid stand...

and that they're just moving it to a different street...

Oh, I don't know – I kinda like Paul's perspective on it when he said:

And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Maybe he had Jesus' words in mind when he was inspired to write that:

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

I personally, often think of what Gamaliel said:

Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men. For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought. After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed. And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

I wouldn't want to be standing before the throne of God having to explain to Him why I fought against His work. Would you? There was a time (I must confess) when I bought into the notion that God was working exclusively through TWI. I've come to realize that God is not bound by our silly notions.

Gosh, so many ways to take this... my comments in bold...

Oh, I don't know – I kinda like Paul's perspective on it when he said:

And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, (I don't think there are very many that 'wax confident' in the leaders of CES/STFI anymore) are much more bold to speak the word without fear. Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:(I'm thinking these folks were in the former category rather than the latter) The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

(I don't know where all of the quotes to back it up are, but I'm thinking Paul wouldn't think too highly of God's children being used and/or abused)

Maybe he had Jesus' words in mind when he was inspired to write that:

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

sure... there's joy in heaven... isn't there also some weeping at the things done to folks 'in the name of God'???

I personally, often think of what Gamaliel said:

Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men. For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought. After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed. And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

Point taken... but they did "vow a creed" and now it appears that it was done so merely out of convenience with no intention of actually keeping it...

I wouldn't want to be standing before the throne of God having to explain to Him why I fought against His work. Would you? There was a time (I must confess) when I bought into the notion that God was working exclusively through TWI. I've come to realize that God is not bound by our silly notions.

No, nor would I want to be standing there after having used and manipulated His people for gain without repentence...

just my opinion

Even to an uninterested party it's obvious that there's a 99% chance that John will not respond to this thread.

You know.. this isn't exactly the spanish inquisition here or anything. There are people here who actually love him, whether he realizes it or not.

It's not that people depsise JL.. I think they despise his personna of arrogance..

like Tom Wolfe.. a nice guy, but get him dirty, and he won't come back..

:biglaugh:

lessee who gets THAT reference..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

GOOD EVENING ONCE AGAIN, JEFF BLACKBURN AND JOHN LYNN!...........................ANOTHER CHECK TO SEE IF YOU GUYS POSTED ANYTHING!........LOOKS LIKE YOU DID NOT!!!.................

FROM YOUR ARTICLE, "OUR VIEW OF CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALITY"........

He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

This honest accounting is often a painful process involving “godly sorrow” and brokenness before the Lord (2 Cor. 7:8-11). Time and again we find ourselves without excuse for our disobedience, for God has provided all that we need to live in righteousness and true holiness (Eph. 4:24). From this place of brokenness and humility God begins a work in us that forgives, heals, covers, and restores. A new vision evolves. One receives a new sense of comfort in God’s goodness and power, and experiences a restoration of faith, and the joy of greater intimacy with the Lord. Transformation ends in a renewed commitment to obey God from the heart, and shows up in new and consistent behavior patterns. Insofar as we are living in Christ, all things are become new, and we walk in a “new life” (Rom. 6:4).

I NEVER ASKED YOU FOR A PUBLIC DISPLAY OF "GODLY SORROW", OR, "BROKENESS BEFORE THE LORD"!!.........ALL I'VE ASKED FOR IS ANSWERS TO SOME HONEST, PERTINENT, QUESTIONS!!................HAVE YOU AND YOUR MINISTRY EXPERIENCED "A RESTORATION OF FAITH"??............."GREATER INTIMACY WITH THE LORD"??..................HAVE YOU UNDERGONE "TRANSFORMATION", ENDING "IN A RENEWED COMMITMENT TO OBEY GOD FROM THE HEART"??........SHOULD WE EXPECT TO SEE "NEW AND CONSISTENT BEHAVIOR PATTERNS" FROM YOU CES/STFI "SERVANT/LEADERS"??.............A POST FROM YOU GUYS HERE IN YOUR FORUM, WOULD SURE GO A LONG WAY TOWARD ANSWERING THOSE QUESTIONS!!.......STILL EAGERLY ANTICIPATING REPLIES FROM YOU GUYS!!............THANK YOU!..............................PEACE.

GOOD EVENING ONCE AGAIN, JEFF BLACKBURN AND JOHN LYNN!...........................ANOTHER CHECK TO SEE IF YOU GUYS POSTED ANYTHING!........LOOKS LIKE YOU DID NOT!!!.................

FROM YOUR ARTICLE, "OUR VIEW OF CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALITY"........

This honest accounting is often a painful process involving “godly sorrow” and brokenness before the Lord (2 Cor. 7:8-11). Time and again we find ourselves without excuse for our disobedience, for God has provided all that we need to live in righteousness and true holiness (Eph. 4:24). From this place of brokenness and humility God begins a work in us that forgives, heals, covers, and restores. A new vision evolves. One receives a new sense of comfort in God’s goodness and power, and experiences a restoration of faith, and the joy of greater intimacy with the Lord. Transformation ends in a renewed commitment to obey God from the heart, and shows up in new and consistent behavior patterns. Insofar as we are living in Christ, all things are become new, and we walk in a “new life” (Rom. 6:4).

I NEVER ASKED YOU FOR A PUBLIC DISPLAY OF "GODLY SORROW", OR, "BROKENESS BEFORE THE LORD"!!.........ALL I'VE ASKED FOR IS ANSWERS TO SOME HONEST, PERTINENT, QUESTIONS!!................HAVE YOU AND YOUR MINISTRY EXPERIENCED "A RESTORATION OF FAITH"??............."GREATER INTIMACY WITH THE LORD"??..................HAVE YOU UNDERGONE "TRANSFORMATION", ENDING "IN A RENEWED COMMITMENT TO OBEY GOD FROM THE HEART"??........SHOULD WE EXPECT TO SEE "NEW AND CONSISTENT BEHAVIOR PATTERNS" FROM YOU CES/STFI "SERVANT/LEADERS"??.............A POST FROM YOU GUYS HERE IN YOUR FORUM, WOULD SURE GO A LONG WAY TOWARD ANSWERING THOSE QUESTIONS!!.......STILL EAGERLY ANTICIPATING REPLIES FROM YOU GUYS!!............THANK YOU!..............................PEACE.

John Lynn's response:

As to what is flying around cyberspace about me and my personal life, my email is jalces@aol.com and my home phone is 317-849-5707. If you know me and care about me, I’ll be glad to communicate with you. I will not, however, dialogue with anonymous people who lack the love and courage to identify themselves in interacting with me.

So...Larry, are you implying that John actually read the thread and he asked you to post his answer? Or did you simply tell him about the questions and this is his reply to you?

I am pretty certain that John still has a profile here. He used it to post those letters and other stuff some time back. Why would he ask someone else to post his answer?

Just asking.

You know.. this isn't exactly the spanish inquisition here or anything. There are people here who actually love him, whether he realizes it or not.

It's not that people depsise JL.. I think they despise his personna of arrogance..

like Tom Wolfe.. a nice guy, but get him dirty, and he won't come back..

lessee who gets THAT reference..

I didn't - had to look it up.

John's Biblical Unitarian website says this:

The attitudes and behaviors listed below are the goals that we as the leaders of Spirit & Truth Fellowship have set for ourselves, in conjunction with the standards of the leadership epistles of Timothy and Titus. It is our experience that when people obey the Bible’s commands about personal conduct, they are happier and healthier and in a better position to help and bless others also. Far too often Christian leaders have failed to practice what they have preached about Christian behavior, which has led to much disillusionment, pain, and broken relationships. It is such ungodly behavior among leaders in the Church that has prompted us to clarify the issues that we deem crucial to establishing and maintaining a healthy Christian community.

And he says that he will respond to questions sent directly to him.

Someone did contact him privately, personally via e-mail.

John did not only avoid answering the questions asked of him, but also he tried to intimidate the person into silence. The only problem is, he got the person's name wrong and violated several confidences in the process. He may have broken the law regarding client confidentiality as well.

We want everyone involved with our ministry to know just how he or she can expect those who represent Spirit & Truth Fellowship to live, and to speak up if they fail to do so. The goal of this Code of Conduct is not perfection, but accountability and commitment to a healthy Christian community.

The Code of Conduct is also specifically for those who want to be part of the leadership of a local Spirit & Truth Fellowship. We do not expect perfection, but we do require that they commit to living according to those standards, and to being held accountable to them. In our community of faith, we seek to be unified by a common commitment to godly behavior and corresponding accountability among us all.

John is being held accountable and he is ducking his responsibility, duty and pledge to live according to standards he teaches and claims to have.

Edited by Belle

Well, he's posting at John Richeson's website. Dunno why he can't just pop over here to answer a few very simple, straight forward questions while he's online.

*shrug*

Here's those questions again:

How about answering just the following questions for us, ok??

1)what is your ministry's current teaching regarding the use or misuse of "personal prophecy"?

2)what is your ministry's current position regarding karen ann graeser's understanding and application of the "gift ministry" of a prophet?. what have you learned or "unlearned" from mark and karen ann?

3)what do you believe your ministry's responsibility is to your followers regarding an explanation of "what went wrong"? what have you done to correct any wrong doctrine or practice?

4)how will your ministry's leadership function differently in the future? in your opinion, have you or do you need to change how your leadership functions as prophets, teachers, pastors or evangelists?

5)do you still publicly or privately promote the momentous "training" to your followers? if yes, why? if no, why not?

6)who is currently on your board of directors? your prophetic council?

7)do you foresee a cooperative relationship between ces/stf and the graeser's and the resner's in the near future? if yes, on what grounds? if no, why not?

Just goes to show ya that the false teachings, mindset and organization of VPW is still going.

So many here at greasespot which stand against the lies still will speak without fear.

And will continue to break that yoke of bondage and corruption of godliness.

So...Larry, are you implying that John actually read the thread and he asked you to post his answer? Or did you simply tell him about the questions and this is his reply to you?

I am pretty certain that John still has a profile here. He used it to post those letters and other stuff some time back. Why would he ask someone else to post his answer?

Just asking.

Eyes, the quote can be found here on Greasespot. I don't know if John has read this thread or not, nor would I bother writing to him about it -- I'm sure he has more important things to deal with in life than trying to satisfy the unsatisfiable.

another shot at everyone here but you again Larry

that's why you are not reliable

Not really cman -- I've read the two threads that John posted in (for a total of only two posts) and I know who were the unsatisfiable ones and who were gracious towards John. So I wasn't painting with a broad brush -- think of it in this way: If the shoe fits, wear it.

Please provide a link to the quote so that we can see it in context.

Well, belle I was told by another that instead of "demanding" others to provide me with a link to posts where John invited the community into his affairs I should use the search feature and find it for myself. If you have trouble using that feature let me know and I'll reconsider posting it myself.

you make a statement,

then when someone calls you on it you punk out and run

i've seen your posts on other forums too

same crap

And John L3nn didn't make the statement here himself.

Someone else posted yet another of his ridiculous letters.

Edited by cman

I'm not really proficiant at the "search" function, it always gives me strange results. And I don't "imbed" pretty but I think this link will work for you Belle.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.ph...hl=317-849-5707

After Larry said that he had just basically cut and pasted John's reply etc...I found it.

Since you demand it of others, I would expect that you would set the example and provide it without being asked.

The way you presented the post is mis-leading - first it appears as though you received that communication directly from John Lynn personally, then you say it's a quote from here, but there is no context around the quote and I do believe it has nothing to do with this thread.

Since you demand it of others, I would expect that you would set the example and provide it without being asked.

Well, that's where you and the person who adviced me to use the search feature are wrong. Apparently neither of you understand the subtle difference between making a request and demanding something. In my previous posts I requested someone provide me with a link to where John had contributed to Greasespot and invited everyone here into his affairs. If I were to demand something I would need the authority to make you do what I wanted. I don't have such authority, but I can request someone to do something for me that at the time I didn't think was possible because it never crossed my mind that John was using his given name to make those TWO posts.

The way you presented the post is mis-leading - first it appears as though you received that communication directly from John Lynn personally, then you say it's a quote from here, but there is no context around the quote and I do believe it has nothing to do with this thread.

Well, I would think anyone who is a long-standing member of GS should be familiar with John's TWO contributions to GS. With the initiation of this thread it would have been prudent for them to refresh their memory of what John actually did say. Seems to be the fair thing to do, imo, before jumping on the bandwagon to criticize John for not responding to this thread. Anyone who took the time to read his TWO contributions would (or should) understand then why he most likely will never respond to this thread.

Liar.

"the unsatisfiable"

and stick your shoe

cman, I responded to this statement. Please don't spin what I said into something it's not. It's unbecoming of you.