GreaseSpot Cafe

Discerning of spirits

cinderpelt

I wonder if some things happened in spite of der vey..

if as an organization, they "had it" at one time.. I think once it turned into an advertisement for da class or for the organization, it didn't last.

"see the once blind man? For $100.00 and a coupla weeks of your time WE can teach you how to do it too.."

I can see God sit back.. "I'm not endorsing THIS crap anymore.."

:biglaugh:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was possessed once...well that's what they told me anyway. That's why I got sent home. No counselling, no attempts to "cast it out"...heck they didn't even bother telling me until I had been home for several weeks, nearly 2 months. What a bunch of hooooowy!

I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it today.

Actually I don't think that it is possible for a born again Christian to be possessed. Influenced yes but possessed no. I personally give God just a bit more credit than that. When He put Christ in us He told us that "greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world." He didn't have an addendum stating "unless he that is in the world sends one of his underlings to vex you personally then he can possess you at will and push aside the Christ in you like last weeks trash."

Obviously if a born again Christian chooses to return to his/her old man ways then they can be influenced to varying degrees by worldly things and people that can be controlled by debil sprits. They can even appear to be "out of control" heck anyone that has been drunk can effectively simulate a complete lack of control. But actually possessed where the ds takes up residency next to the Christ in you. I think that is highly unlikely.

Some may disagree and that's ok with me.

I was healed......and it's documental medically! I had cancer and the second time I had it they gave me a 20% chance of living. And said there was nothing that they could actually do to turn it around. BUT, we have a God that can do anything.

And He did. A gal prayed for me, someone I respected as a wonderful leader.....and Immediately, I felt the healing and I knew I was. When the Dr. called the next day and said, we have a bed for you, I said, I don't need it. And she said, what do you mean? I said, I've been healed of it, my friend prayed and I was healed on the spot. She said come into the office....I did, and there was no cancer to be found......Healed! That was in 1995, and I've been healthy ever since. I wasn't in the ministry, this was some 9 years after I left.

Now, That is our God! An awesome and mighty God! I have to say it, "God will make a way, when there is no way" and that is what happened to me. The Dr. said, there is no way to turn it around, and God made a way so it did.

I'm very grateful and thankful!!!

newlife i believe you and am extremly happy for you

i beliefve it can happen cause it does

But there were more phoney "healings" in twi than real ones

the mother of my children

a wonderful woman, thought she had a healing ministry

she once healed man from blindness

halalooya!

he imeadatly got up and walked into a tree!!

he wore a bandage for the rest of the week at the family camp we were at!

my daughter was healed of cancer as well. And it is a bad, nasty one.. a "kid killer". We saw several other kids perish.. it seeds itself all over the body, and targets the lungs primarily..

This was about two years after we were out of the ministry. The healing involved doctors, neighbors, the school, one teacher and spouse, churches, practically, the whole community.

If we were still in, doubtless she would not have survived..

Any of these individuals who offered help, assistance and prayer would have been labeled as "contaminated" by the then and now "leadership" of the "ministry". "whatsa matta with YOU? Can't ya find SOMEBODY in da HOUSEHOLD to do the job?"

I saw them do that to others when I was in..

When people offered to pray, I didn't give them a questionaire to find out which God it was they'd be praying to..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

"They" probably would have had some kind of "ceremony".. "cast out da spirit.." yeah.. that woulda fixed the problem..

then a lengthy analysis to figure out "my" weakness, how I could have "allowed" some such thing to occur..

shoot.. I'd a been labeled as being possessed by legion or something..

maybe the biggest "miracle" of all..

even after the years of drilling to learn how to dissect this kinda stuff.. trying to find where I was somehow lacking in "believing", where I "missed it".. not once did I even consider the thought that all this was the consequences for my own personal sin or weakness.. or blame myself, my daughter, my then spouse.. not a single time..

somehow, I just knew that she would survive.

The second greatest "miracle"..

not even once.. not once did some over zealous bozo accuse her of being "possessed" as per old doc vic's claim.

One guy came close. Started straying into the old religion. He hadn't said it yet.. I looked at him.. and silently said in my mind "youda better choose your words carefully sucker, they may be your last.."

I think he could read my mind..

If you haven't figured it out, I'm not trashing all that is spiritual. It's just.. all the years in the ministry, there wasn't really a lot going on. That which DID occur was so "manufactured", so exaggerated.. people foiling debils by getting the front parking spot at K Mart..

people foiling debils because of what did NOT happen to them in their "walk"..

or "leadership" "taking on" the spirit relm. Must be working, look what crap "the devil" is giving them..

I've seen God at work more after LEAVING the "one true household" more than all the years I was in that pile of an organization.. and it has not been on MY terms..

twi manufactured a lot and exaggerated a lot. the wow stories we had to write in our reports were elaborated on, added too, and changed so they could be used to recruit more wows. it was sickening. unfortunately I failed to recognize the problem as twi culture and thought it was j0hn r^pp's assistant that was the problem.

There was a stupid undercurrent in TWI (and you find it in the offshoots as well.)

Let me see if I can put it into words.

I'm thinking about the thought that it wasn't enough to believe in and worship God. It wasn't enough to believe that the Bible has words of wisdom and truth to live by. It wasn't enough to love God and your neighbor as yourself. Noooooo... on top of all that you had to be good at the parlor tricks.

Percieve/discern a spirit and then cast it out on demand. Demand healing from God. Get healed on demand. Get money on demand so you could give more to the ministry. Prophecy and interpret when called on.

Was this Christianity or a Vegas floor show?

I'm not saying that I don't believe that miracles are possible. I'm saying that we were judged by the miracles. It wasn't simple Christianity anymore - it was Christianity on meth. It had to be bigger, better, faster, new and offer a spiritual high; anything to make TWI look better and the traditional churches look foolish.

It all backfired. When the high of "some new thing" finally wore off, what was left was that many people had to wrap their heads around making sense of a class with a bunch of keys that were no longer useful.

Healing happens, regardless of the ministry. It's not predictable and it sometimes seems random. People are delivered of things everyday.

Maybe what I'm asking... do we worship God because He can heal, deliver, whatever? Or do we worship God just because He is God? Does the ministry with the most magic have the best hotline to Big Daddy? It certainly seems to be the trend.

Edited by doojable

The best hotline to Big Daddy

Now That could be a Vegas floor show!

Big Daddy!! Hee heee mwaaa haahaa haha.... sorry just struck me funny!

Hi guys, I hope things are going better for you all these days than in the old days when apparently there was an awful lot in the church that was badly broken.

I hope this is a blessing for you all, for me to kinds of tweek the tone of the topic a little bit but it's a tweek that I have to give myself sometimes. No matter how many lies, deceptions, distortions, ommisions, or half-truths we've heard about or suffered through; this is a topic that's about truth. I am saddened greatly that a ministry that started with john 10:10(both the thief and Jesus Christ in this verse.) and gave me things that I haven't had to back down on to this day could have "for so many people" apparently not carried through with the simple and potentially lifechanging heart in this verse. I"ll never be able to deny the existence of a spiritual contest, at least as long as I'm honest about remembering my experiences, it's gone way past just words on a page.

gotta go,by and God bless.