GreaseSpot Cafe

I am at the Joyce Myer Conference

Dot Matrix

On a lunch break!

It has been so much fun!

I went myself which is real freedom. I have been praising God with gobs of tears and chest heaving -- and I do not know anyone.

Ya know, nobody from a church to think, "Boy she must really be a sinner to cry that much!"

Nobody with me so I have to tone down... I have been in complete worship and it is great!

I love Joyce and her honesty. She is teaching on sin.

They have a great band, lots of fun things -- The sling shot shirts into the audience, it has been great.

Gotta go back!!!!

One of the most incredible times I have ever spent with God happened last evening. The air was pregnaunt with excitment. The band had everyone ready to receive from God. My eyes were closed much of the time with my hands lifted in praise to the heavens.

Then, they announce Joyce to come out and give the final message. When she came out she said she believed we were to keep standing in the presence of the Lord.... Keep worshiping.... The music continued.... Then she led people into salvation, the receiving of the holy spirit and then ministered healing.

It was so peacefully powerful and with excited serentity & I waited for the touch of the Lord. And it came. And I was delivered from a broken heart. Instead, I was lifted up (in my heart). And I knew God had heard me and touched my life.

If anyone out there has not been to a conference, I strongly reccomend your attendance.

Edited by Dot Matrix

If anyone out there has not been to a conference, I strongly recomend your attendance.

I ditto that, despite what others are saying in other threads about her. :nono5:

oh who cares what people are saying about Joyce Meyers. She is wonderful and very healing. I'm so glad Dot that you were able to attend. Please share more of what went on and what she taught on. Would love to know as would some of the others.

She taught on balance which was great

All I have here is paraphrased and any errors are mine.

God, how many times I argued with the doo-doo at TWI on this.... (particularily on that GOD-AWFUL door to door witnessing, that was as uncomfortable as wearing peanut butter for perfume - to me)

She said that we talk Christianese and who really is that a witness for?

We come in from bad traffic to our jobs and say something like, "Praise God, I got through the traffic the devil threw at me. He tried to rob my renewed mind, but I crushed him under my feet and made it!! Praise God."

She said PEOPLE? Why can't you just be a person? Do you know how that sounds to regular folk? You sound nuts. That is not a good witness. She had a hairdresseer who lived with her boyfriend did some drugs and drank too much. Whe just treated her kindly and little by little let her know the Lord loved her. By the end of three years the hairdresser was working for her -- born again -- and a freedom in Christ lifestyle.

She said in just being a person, you cannot have your Fish sticker on your bumper and be giving traffic the finger either.

There is balance.

Don't go into a place to eat and leave a "born again tract" as a tip and expect to reach someone. Leave a good tip. We do not want to be weirdos for Christ but his kids who love people. Learn how to love from our examples in the Bible. God does not want us unevenly yoked or running with darkness, yet Jesus broke bread with the tax collectors, sinners and hung out and loved some bad people. Again BALANCE.

You can not ask God for authority over devils and you cannot get authority over a sink full of dirty dishes. Balance.

She said your husband make like to fish on Sunday and you beat him up all the time making him feel badly for not going to church. Maybe going fishing with him once in a while will be a witness to him. Stop the condemnation-- of being so spiritual....

And start loving people.

I will share more on that later, I am at some other person's computer and it is hard to see the screen.

She also shared the difference between using the word "get" and receive. So many times "GET" implies a struggle. When I GET to my goal weight. When I get the new job..... But when we read the promises of God they are laid out more in an open your arms and RECEIVE them. Receive them... This implicates there is no struggle.... And I changed my prayer to, "Lord, here I am to receive your gifts and your help. I am broken right now, frightened about so many things. I do not want to wait until I get your blessing... I want to receive the blessings you have already promised."

It did change the feel of my prayer from struggle to peace.

More later

So happy for you.

Continuing to pray for your good success as you carry the treasures of this time back home:)

Thanks for letting us in on your times. Sounds so nice!

I love Joyce Meyer because she is who she is. She lives her faith as it is, and shares what the Lord has taught her without hypocrisy.

Edited by Kit Sober

I am so happy for you and I thank God for every minute you spent there. Joyce Meyer has given her life to Christ to use to do His good will. She is one of the most dynamic people I have ever heard.

I hope you kept a prayer journal. This is something I vigorously resisted doing until about a month ago. Since then, it amazes me where i've been and what I'm learning.

Have a safe trip home, honey. Your testimony has better my life.

Love,

WG