GreaseSpot Cafe

Ho Ho Ho

Shellon

Hey it will more day until for us. We are waiting to do the Christmas thing until the kidlet's boy come home from Iraq. He is another Christmas lover and is sad about missing out over there in the big sandbox.

And crap George, you reminded me that we have a young cat this year who will more than likely climb the tree and undecorate it for us.

Hummmm... well bring on the eggnog I guess! :unsure:

Christmas fun. Replace roommate with husband/wife/partner/kid if applicable

1.Claim you were a Christmas tree in your former life. If s/he tries to bring one into the room, scream bloody murder.

2.Go to the mall with your roommate and sit on Santa's lap. Refuse to get off.

3.Wear a Santa suit all the time. Deny you're wearing it.

4.Sit in a corner in the fetal position rocking back and forth chanting, "Santa Claus is coming to town, Santa Claus is coming to town..."

5.Hang mistletoe in the doorway. When your roommate enters or leaves the room, plant a wet one on his/her lips.

6.Hang a stocking with your roommates name on it. Collect coal and sharp objects in it. If s/he asks, say "you've been very naughty this year."

7.Paint your nose red and wear antlers. Constantly complain about how you never get to join in on the reindeer games.

8.Make conversation out of Christmas Carols. (I.E. "You know, I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus underneath the mistletoe last night.")

9.Wrap yourself in Christmas lights and roll around in the snow.

10.Sing: "All I want for Christmas is my roommate's two front teeth..."

11.Give your roommate the gifts from the twelve days of Christmas song.

12.Build a snowperson with your roommate and place a hat on its head. When it doesn't come to life, cry hysterically "it didn't work!"

13.Whip your roommate screaming "now Dasher, now Dancer, now Donner, and Blitzen, etc."

14.Tear down all your roommate's Christmas decorations yelling "Bah Humbug!"

15.Wake up every morning screaming "Ghost of Christmas Future, please have mercy on my soul!"

16.Tell your roommate you're moving out. Santa's buying you a house on 34th Street.

17.Pin a poinsettia to your lapel.

18.Make anatomically correct gingerbread people and eat the best parts first.

19.Put on a fake white beard and insist that all your roommate's friends "give it a yank."

20.Ring jingle bells maniacally saying "every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings."

21.Stand in front of the mirror reciting "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" over and over in your underwear.

22.Smoke mistletoe. Do what comes naturally.

23.Watch your roommate when s/he is sleeping. When s/he wakes up sing, "he sees you when you're sleeping..."

24.Steal a life size nativity scene and display it in your room. When your roommate asks, tell him/her "I had to let them stay here, there's no room at the inn."

25.When your roommate goes to the bathroom, rearrange his/her possessions. Tell him/her that Santa's elves must have done it.

How come looking at thhis countdown feels more like time until an execution!? Bah humbug!

Just a few more treeless, presentless, tinsel-less, twinklelightless days. Oh wait I do like the twinklelights.

Our main Christmas tradition is hubby and I having the discussion of how many lights can you put on the tree before there is a blackout? I personally don't think 20 strands of 300 are too many!

Waysider, I hope you get your Lincoln Logs.

One year my brother got up early before everyone else and opened his Lincoln Logs. When we got up later, in the light of the Christmas tree, we thought the dog had pooped on the floor.