GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

16 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

But if I had to guess it would be something from the Herman's Hermits.

That's correct.  A big hit when they released it.  (Also, it's a cover of a song by The Rays).

"Took a walk and passed your house, late last night.

All the shades were pulled and drawn way down tight..."

George

15 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Took a walk and passed your house late last night
All the shades were pulled and drawn way down tight
From within, the dim light cast two [TITLE] on the shade
Oh, what a lovely couple they made

George

So, what would be cast upon the window shade by interior light on a couple?  It would be specifically formed shadows or...?

George

I didn't want to say anything (but I will anyway),  once in a while it would be nice George, if you would give it up when there seems to be no idea of the song.  It was eight days ago when the post started.  I'm busy with doing my own thing (whatever that is) and I've got lots of time, (that's what my doctor says anyway, and I'm thankful)  so it is no big thing, really, anyway. I listened to the Herman's Hermits song, and because I grew up up in that period I was aware of it, especially the first two lines, but it never tickled my fancy.

Oh free post !  Soon I've have something.

"And I know, I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know , Oh, leave the young thing"

Alright, one more word then: 

"And I know, I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know , Oh, leave the young thing alone"

"And I know, I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

Oh, leave the young thing alone, There ain't"

6 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

"And I know, I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

Oh, leave the young thing alone, There ain't"

Last word of the clue is the first word of the name of the song.