GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

16 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Dream On

"Top coat, top hat
And I don't worry 'cause my wallet's fat"

"SHARP-DRESSED MAN."    (A long time ago, Mrs Wolf wasn't familiar with the expression, so I sent her a link to a video of this ZZ Top song, and a link to the lyrics.  Between the lyrics and the visuals, the idea was easy to work out. )

You do realize WordWord, that I was using a pun?  Well, off topic I think memory is one of the more useful tools we have in our brains.  Memories are recorded by our brain and I think they are always there.  However, I do think its up to us to sort out what memories we deem necessary and choose not to use those other memories we have in our brains.  I don't think memories really go away.  Then, when something that we don't remember comes up and we think about it, after a while we remember things.  When it comes to music, I can remember lyrics pretty well.  When I was growing up (the 60's) we didn't have much other than television, and when music (modern) hit the scene it became a part of everybody's everyday life.  The radio, bowling alleys, skating rinks, records, ball games and on and on.  Isn't the majority of what we are doing here then is using our memory?

On 8/25/2021 at 6:16 PM, Human without the bean said:

Hooked On A Feeling    B J Thomas had the best version of that song.

Doctor, please, some more of these
Outside the door, she took four more

Well actually,  Blue Swede had a better song I think.

22 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"Mother's Little Helper", complete with the late Charlie Watts on drums, backing up the rest of The Rolling Stones.

(Someone suggested that they contact someone to see if he wants to be their next drummer- Ringo Starr.)

Well no, I think The Stones had already hired an understudy of Watts, Steve Jordan, who has been filling in for Watts.  Just two weeks ago, it was told that he would be the drummer per Watts' request for their upcoming tour in September and The Stones were looking forward to Charlie Watts return.  I think he's got the gig now.  Right?