GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

If he got the right song it's his turn- in this thread, the title is all you need. 

(If he did not get the right song, it is NOT his turn.)

I don't know know if any clarification was needed but thank you WordWolf, unless the mention that I made made you think he had something right?

1 hour ago, Human without the bean said:

The right airplane but the wrong pilot

It's just a song with something about an airplane in it.  No other intention than that was made.  The song redrock and blues posted is wrong, and of course it's still anybody's turn.

Like I already mentioned in my post a few days ago, we can tend to go round and round and back and forth with this thread because of its ease and familiarity, so considering this song, I know it's right because I thought about using it last week therefore, I'm posting without redrock and blues confirmation.  So when you know, and are very sure then, it's not always necessary to go get the go-ahead nod.  Right GeorgeStGeorge..., alright then.

"I know a cat named Way Out Willie"

Edited by Human without the bean

"I don't mind you coming here and wasting all my time."

Red, I think the goal of this thread is to post easy clues, not to stump us. Name That Tune is for tougher clues

7 minutes ago, Raf said:

Red, I think the goal of this thread is to post easy clues, not to stump us. Name That Tune is for tougher clues

Then again, depending on how old you are and what you listened to, a song you may think is a snap might be tougher for others.  Raf's point is valid, though.  In this thread, you want to post the first line or two of a very recognizable song.  (A later line is acceptable, if the first line contains the title.)  In Name That Tune, you can give lines from less obvious songs.  The only requirement there is that the song had significant air time, not a deep cut from your favorite album.

George

15 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Then again, depending on how old you are and what you listened to, a song you may think is a snap might be tougher for others.  Raf's point is valid, though.  In this thread, you want to post the first line or two of a very recognizable song.  (A later line is acceptable, if the first line contains the title.)  In Name That Tune, you can give lines from less obvious songs.  The only requirement there is that the song had significant air time, not a deep cut from your favorite album.

George

Hey George!   Yep!  Old guy here and have listened to a lot of music and played a lot of music.  Thanks for the in-house advice,bro!  You and Raf are just what I needed!

10 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

tougher for others.  Raf's point is valid, though.  In this thread, you want to post the first line or two of a very recognizable song.

I hear what you're saying George, but there are a lot of lyrics with second verses with the same memorable lines as the first or second line in songs.  Going forward I think any line that is memorable would be acceptable, wouldn't it?  Example:  "I want tell her that I love her a lot but I've got to get a belly full of wine" "Her majesty"   ~The Beatles~.  Next to last line.

I may agree to disagree with you here, and personally, I like to leave a clue that is recognizable from any line largely because "first lines" will eventually run out again, like they did before, and plus, they are just so darn boring.    Anyway, just some food for thought.

Edited by Human without the bean