GreaseSpot Cafe

songs remembered from just one line

bulwinkl

Wow.

Just.

:/

ok then.

Um.

The only lyric I did not give you was the title.

Which is

I Will Always Love You.

New clue:

Merrily merrily merrily merrily.

Life is but a dream.

First, when there's nothing But a slow glowing dream That your fear seems to hide Deep inside your mind

All alone, I have cried Silent tears full of pride In a world made of steel Made of stone

Well, I hear the music Close my eyes, feel the rhythm Wrap around, take a hold of my heart

We did this song in chorus in high school.  We didn't know why.  When the teacher mentioned we had 1 song too many for the concert, and wanted to let us pick which song to drop, we almost shouted in harmony to drop this song. 

"FLASHDANCE (What A Feeling)"- Irene Cara. (I THINK It's Irene Cara.) 

Next song.

Yes, it IS a song.

"There she was friends lying there in all her radiant beauty...Eating on a raisin, grape, apricot, pomegranate, bowl of chitterlings, two bananas, three Hershey bars, sipping on a RC Cola listening to her transistor, watching the Grand Ole Opry on the tube reading the Mad Magazine while she sung, "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor?""

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

There was a song "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight,: but I don't think that's what you mean here.  This seems to be a song REFERENCING that song, and I have no idea what it is.

George

Your reasoning is tracking so far. AFAIK, only one song REFERENCES it. (I could be wrong.)  I'm confident you've heard this song before.    With a little thought, you might guess the artist. (It is NOT the same as for the referenced song.)