GreaseSpot Cafe

A note on forgiving

Nathan Friedly

It's the whole "you believe it? then practice what you preach" Without a doubt it's one thing to fully comprehend something.. It's quite another to submit to your own understanding and obey such a selfless command, it ain't overnight.. nor does it get easier to do with time.. it's almost a guerrilla decision that has to be made.. I'm still working on it myself.. and some days are more successful than others.. seems life is a million little processes..

even in cases as child abuse.. even though I struggle profusely with agoraphobia and even speaking on the phone with people.. it's something I can attribute to my life as a waykid with parents so gungho in doing whatever it takes to fulfill ministry agenda .. and then later being the victim of my spouse's extramarital affairs.. I've got a little experience in the unforgivingness /forgiveness department..

I put myself purposely in environments where I'm not comfortable in I.E. on stage, working for fed ex, way of the master street preaching in process to help forgive the past..

How I look at it, constantly forgiving and pushing on every day is a slap in the face of the devil.. or even your physical adversaries.. grudges stunt growth..

I simply just love your explantion. I am also a little jealous because you have a wonderful gift. When I try this I just leave people scratching their heads. Very edifying, thanks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... where WAS I ? :huh:

About to answer my post # 423 ? :rolleyes:

Mike, YOU are the one who made the following claims...

Therefore, YOU should present the research which YOU have implied YOU have already done to back up YOUR claim. Unless, you would like to revise YOUR claims or downgrade them to "unsubstantiated", pending your opportunity to solicit help from other folks – YOU need to address the following six items of my post # 398:

And since YOU have made another claim in YOUR post # 408 – I've revised the list to seven issues [your latest addition in post # 408 identified in bold red] – that YOU need to address with the research that YOU imply YOU have already done:

1. Explain how the current translation(s) of I Corinthians 3:17 contradicts the previous verses [verses 5-16]

2. Explain how the current translation(s) of I Corinthians 3:17 contradicts itself

3. Identify the one improperly translated word in I Corinthians 3:17 and

4. Demonstrate the correct method of translating the passage

5. Explain how the correct translation you suggest - changes the tone of the verse from condemning to warm and soothing

6. Explain how I Corinthians 3:17 correctly translated by you, furthers a deeper understanding of Galatians 5

7. Explain the connection to forgiveness in I Corinthians 3: 5-17.

I don't understand your reluctance to provide this information. I am merely responding to something you expressed in your post # 386:

Edited by T-Bone

Oh, my!!

You have an "agenda"?

Don't be silly, Waysider - we all have agenda! Mike is male, Dooj is female, Ham is a male squirrel. :biglaugh:

Edited by T-Bone

Don't be silly, Waysider - we all have agenda! Mike is male, Dooj is female, Ham is a male squirrel. :biglaugh:

And waysider is a truck stop-------------

Hmmmm. Maybe I better take that Christian Sex and More Sex class again.

It was given by revulsion, ya know.

I don't have any scriptures to prove it.

You'll just have to trust me.

I see you rushed in for a front row seat.

Who do you think I am, GALLAGER or something? :biglaugh:

I just wandered into the theater...I'm standing near the door.

Gallager? I hear you're not that funny.

Edited by doojable

I know ONE of the things we discussed was having a relationship with Jesus Christ, one with power, like the ability to dismiss ego and forgive wherever it would be helpful.

Well ok then.

I forgive you, Mike.

(For having an "agenda".)

In further review, class, we outlined the red letter quotes of Jesus that appear in Acts during the three times the Road to Damascus incident is related.

How many people knew the Road to Damascus incident was in there three times? Can I see a show of hands?

In further review, class, we outlined the red letter quotes of Jesus that appear in Acts during the three times the Road to Damascus incident is related.

How many people knew the Road to Damascus incident was in there three times? Can I see a show of hands?

Did anyone paste all three accounts (narrative, flashback1, flashback2) together into one document?

Mike's referring to one of the last teachings vpw did.

I shall summarize what he said, very simply.

A) There's no real truth out among other Christians.

What do you mean by "real truth" exactly? Are you impling there is this "un-real truth" out among other Christians?

The bottom line is: One either has the Word of God or they don't.

And ... if they do have it (or they think they have it) then for them it's merely a question if the W.O.G. they have is rightly-divided or not.

One might hold the Word of God, but the only question that really matters is this one: Does the Word of God hold them?

B) The greatest thing to do is to serve people.

I think that largely depends on exactly what is being served and if one can "stomach" it or not. Regardless, one can't serve others until they first have something to serve, can they?

C) [Part A.] The greatest thing to serve people is God's Word, [Part B.] via twigs and pfal classes and twi functions.

Part A: I still believe is correct, considering one already has the Word of God, the Word of Truth to serve to others, but --

Part B - who says serving God's Word has to be done via twigs, pfal classes and TWI functions? Believe it or not, some of us are already doing "Part A".

But we are not looking to rebuild the vestages of TWI nor are we looking to re-live the by-gone era's (TWI-1, TWI-2 or TWI-3) of Dr. VPW's ministry.

That is why we are only interested in those who want to live in the truth of God's Word (i.e. doing Part A)- not live in the nostalgia of TWI (i.e. doing Part B). (Which is all people can really only ever do here at GSC - both the good and the bad of TWI. That is the reason why people here can't recall exactly what was what, and then usually end up arguing with others over exactly what was what.)

D) The greatest preparation to do that is to study the pfal books and classes.

One can also study recipies, but that doesn't make someone a cook, nor does it imply they will ever cook or serve anybody anything they have cooked. (I think rascal likes all that "pre-cooked fast food" though - even has plenty to give away.) Kind of like someone studying PFAL books and taking PFAL classes. But what it really all boils down to is just this: "Exactly what is it ya got cookin'?"

(I'll pass on the liver and the sauerkraut most people got and all the other "left-over's" they are still hanging onto from TWI. You see, I just don't have "the stomach" for it.)

That all sounds good in theory WTH, but all this "You may hold the Word but does the Word hold you" stuff is still double-speak. It still serves to inflate the ego. Feelings get lost in Greek words and inflections. Common sense becomes something to negotiate.

I've seen great artists - musicians, painters, writers. I've been around some great minds in my years. All of them were masters in their own right. They were accomplished and they not only "held their discipline" their discipline held them.

NOT all of them could teach their art to another. Many of them were so skilled in their own art that they couldn't communicate in anyway except their art.

Perhaps this is why the ten commandments were scaled down to two and then further to one.

C--l--a--s--s!

C--l--a--s--s!

SHUTUP!

Th - an-k You!

Sister Mary Elephant???????

That all sounds good in theory WTH, but all this "You may hold the Word but does the Word hold you" stuff is still double-speak. It still serves to inflate the ego. Feelings get lost in Greek words and inflections. Common sense becomes something to negotiate.

Greek is cold, hard and calculating....

and I like it like that!!!

Then when the hard chair work is done....

Then comes the soft chair with all of the Feelings! Ahhhhh! :biglaugh: