GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Channel

skyrider

One channel, one agenda, one mindset...........The Way, The Way and nothing but The Way International.

For 24 years, I kept my tell-a-vision tuned to ONE CHANNEL.......The Way Channel. During those years, I went out WOW Ambassador twice, graduated from The Way Corps, served on staff at The Way International, and served in many corps assignments including full-time corps when martindale instituted "his revelation" in 1995.

IMO......The Way Channel started expanding its market and, more agressively, separated from other Christian work in 1975 (after acquiring The Way College of Emporia). Even those earlier years of the Advanced Class (until about 1979) included clips and segments of OTHER genuine Christian leaders who walked with God and received revelation....or ministered healings in a unique way. But, alas.......The Way Channel removed ALL such information and hyped ONLY wierwille's ministry, leadership and twi-sanctioned programming.

Those MOST knowledgeable of The Way Channel would have to be corps and hq staff.......for they, indeed, saw the imagery and inner sanctums of "wayworld." Wierwille set the systematizing of error in motion......and Martindale took it to greater extremes. Just to list a few....

* The Way Inc. in 1957 [E. Stanley Jones' work on The Way was published in 1946]

* The Way Corps Program

* The Way College of Emporia

* The Way College Division

* The Way College, Indiana Campus

* The Way Ranch, Camp Gunnison

* The Way Magazine

* The Way: Living in Love [in-house book]

* The Way Woods [and "holy of holies" prayer area....The House of His Healing Presence]

* The Victor Paul Wierwille Prevailing Word Auditorium

* Founders' Room [in auditorium]

* Founders' Hall

* Wierwille Road / Wierwille Homestead / Wierwille Barn

* Garden of Living Waters [wierwille buried at uppermost point of fountain area]

* Founding Trustee Monument at entrance to fountain area

* Founding Trustee plaques in BRC

* George Jess mural on OSC building [he was the first corps director]

* EOB [formerly known as "Executive Office Building" and later, renamed "Ermal Owens Building"]

* Uncle Harry Day [burn the Ballast / Burn the Chaff.....lcm declared it an old wineskin]

* Disciples of The Way [formerly, WOW Ambassador program]

* The Way of Abundance and Power [LCM's new foundational class released in 1996]

Except for the "Pentecost painting".......there is very little at The Way International to suggest it is anything other than a rural-business undertaking. In other words, 98% of the imagery focuses on an entrepeneurial figurehead (wierwille) and his pyramid system. Nearing 23 years after his death......twi clings to the wierwille marketing and packaging planner with their yearly theme Our Power for Abundant Living.

God forbid.....someone would turn to The Discovery Channel

Or, God forbid.......any would venture into The (twi) History Channel.

Thankfully............I found The Travel Channel.

:dance:

good for you sky

what fakes they were and ARE

Thanks chef.

In hindsight, their double-speak, double-life is really pathetic.

The trustees/directors past and present, are hypocrits.

For them.......abundant life means.......land holdings, motorcycles, planes, motorcoaches, etc.

power............manipulation, control and dominance over others

prevailing.......using and abusing as many of the gullible as possible

standing on the word......staying with the fold NO MATTER HOW MANY wolves are in the pen

leaving twi........possessed

internet............evil lies and possession, always possession

:rolleyes:

Hi skyrider,

For whatever it's worth, I like that you've got a lot of up close and personal experience to share and I think I'll enjoy reading your posts.

I like your channel analogy.

I agree that in 1975 there was a lot going on, and I'll just add a little more background to your comment: "IMO......The Way Channel started expanding its market and, more agressively, separated from other Christian work in 1975."

While I was in the Corps in 1971 - 73, VP conducted The Way Presents in an attempt to immitate Billy Graham's crusades, I think. Anyway, it was a big move for more national attention and we, as Corps, had to get out there and sign people up for PFAL following VP's teaching at the event. So in one way of looking at it, he was trying to expand his market even then and especially so after the first Corps graduated in 1972 and carried "the heart of the ministry" to a few major states, pushing all his programs and running big meetings for VP.

I do remember VP using tapes of other people "healing" so-called possessed individuals, for instance, during the advanced class. But after we heard the tapes, he would give a critique of those ministers, finding them "off" in some way or another. To me, this indicated that VP knew a better way, a more accurate knowledge of the subject. He was more spiritual than those other poor ministers who were trying to do good but just didn't have the greatness of the Word to guide them like we did in our ministry. From the rhetoric I heard during my Corps training, I'd say he always hyped his ministry as being the only one teaching the accuracy of the Bible. And so often, he neglected to give credit to sources he used for his information (to put it mildly)...

I like your channel analogy.

I agree that in 1975 there was a lot going on, and I'll just add a little more background to your comment: "IMO......The Way Channel started expanding its market and, more agressively, separated from other Christian work in 1975."

While I was in the Corps in 1971 - 73, VP conducted The Way Presents in an attempt to immitate Billy Graham's crusades, I think. Anyway, it was a big move for more national attention and we, as Corps, had to get out there and sign people up for PFAL following VP's teaching at the event. So in one way of looking at it, he was trying to expand his market even then and especially so after the first Corps graduated in 1972 and carried "the heart of the ministry" to a few major states, pushing all his programs and running big meetings for VP.

I do remember VP using tapes of other people "healing" so-called possessed individuals, for instance, during the advanced class. But after we heard the tapes, he would give a critique of those ministers, finding them "off" in some way or another. To me, this indicated that VP knew a better way, a more accurate knowledge of the subject. He was more spiritual than those other poor ministers who were trying to do good but just didn't have the greatness of the Word to guide them like we did in our ministry. From the rhetoric I heard during my Corps training, I'd say he always hyped his ministry as being the only one teaching the accuracy of the Bible. And so often, he neglected to give credit to sources he used for his information (to put it mildly)...

Thanks penworks.

Interesting......"VP conducted The Way Presents in an attempt to immitate Billy Graham's crusades....." I do remember when wierwille was spotlighting Oral Roberts' ministry as well......and later adapted The Red Thread teaching from Roberts.

Wierwille always hyped twi as the latest and greatest..........critiquing and back-stabbing all-oncomers.

No wonder that elitist attitude permeated twi.......and still does.

:doh:

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks penworks.

Interesting......"VP conducted The Way Presents in an attempt to immitate Billy Graham's crusades....." I do remember when wierwille was spotlighting Oral Roberts' ministry as well......and later adapted The Red Thread teaching from Roberts.

Wierwille always hyped twi as the latest and greatest..........critiquing and back-stabbing all-oncomers.

No wonder that elitist attitude permeated twi.......and still does.

:doh:

cartoon network is good too.