GreaseSpot Cafe

Shut up and Clean

WhiteDove

Anybody know anything about this? Ana was 7th Corps and was in Glad Tidings /Way Productions

Entertainment

Local cleaning lady takes national acclaim

By Lolita Ramos

Corpus Christi Chronicle

Sunday, December 16, 2007

post-1237-1200552061_thumb.jpg

CORPUS CHRISTI — A White Tornado took Corpus Christi by storm last night – it didn’t leave a dry eye, a heart untouched, or a booty unshaken. This whirlwind of talent came in the form of a petite cleaning lady with an enormous voice. This force of divine nature is called Ana Cooper.

The perversely adorable Ana Cooper delivered her riotous viewpoints on life in this one-woman performance. Part parody, part stand-up and part message from beyond, Ana's comedy is surprisingly hip and brilliant: A woman with a housecleaning business has always dreamed of becoming a star. Her take on the burning issues of the day are outrageous and absolutely hilarious. So one day she decides to put this all in a show, and the Singin' Cleanin' Lady becomes a star!

And that’s no joke. On the spot, Ms. Cooper signed with Warner Brothers to release the DVD of her show Shut Up and Clean! ,which opened last night at Club 21 to a packed, standing-room-only house. Among the audience members were friends Bill O’Reilly, host of Fox News The O’Reilly Factor and world-renowned drummer, Tower of Power’s David Garibaldi.

The show is explosively funny and provocative -- not to mention that the singing is out-of-this-world. The tragedy of all this is that all command performances are already sold out. Lucky for me, I stabbed my uncle, left him bleeding and took his tickets. The rest of you will have to wait for the DVD.

Edited by WhiteDove

Anybody know anything about this? Ana was 7th Corps and was in Glad Tidings /Way Productions

Entertainment

Local cleaning lady takes national acclaim

By Lolita Ramos

Corpus Christi Chronicle

Sunday, December 16, 2007

post-1237-1200552061_thumb.jpg

CORPUS CHRISTI — A White Tornado took Corpus Christi by storm last night – it didn’t leave a dry eye, a heart untouched, or a booty unshaken. This whirlwind of talent came in the form of a petite cleaning lady with an enormous voice. This force of divine nature is called Ana Cooper.

The perversely adorable Ana Cooper delivered her riotous viewpoints on life in this one-woman performance. Part parody, part stand-up and part message from beyond, Ana's comedy is surprisingly hip and brilliant: A woman with a housecleaning business has always dreamed of becoming a star. Her take on the burning issues of the day are outrageous and absolutely hilarious. So one day she decides to put this all in a show, and the Singin' Cleanin' Lady becomes a star!

And that’s no joke. On the spot, Ms. Cooper signed with Warner Brothers to release the DVD of her show Shut Up and Clean! ,which opened last night at Club 21 to a packed, standing-room-only house. Among the audience members were friends Bill O’Reilly, host of Fox News The O’Reilly Factor and world-renowned drummer, Tower of Power’s David Garibaldi.

The show is explosively funny and provocative -- not to mention that the singing is out-of-this-world. The tragedy of all this is that all command performances are already sold out. Lucky for me, I stabbed my uncle, left him bleeding and took his tickets. The rest of you will have to wait for the DVD.

how awesome !!!!!

sadly paul cooper died

I knew Paul back when we were both "young 'uns" in The Word.

One of the first things I did when I got here was look through the memorials.

I was both shocked and saddened to learn of his passing.

Yeah, I know that's off-topic.

Sorry for the derail.