GreaseSpot Cafe

Psychologial hoax

cheranne

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waysider... BINGO... you win.... yes.. it's post #144

I was referring to the links that Mark O'Malley posted on this page, post #144.

He posts about 5 links.... one of which is: 1978 - The Current Psychological Hoax

I clicked on this link...which took me to a thread from 2002.... where Microbe posts....

QUOTE( Microbe @ Jun 30 2002, 08:37 PM) *

.....I recently saw "A Beautiful Mind" and wonder if that was not where our MOG was? (Not that he had a "beautful" mind, the delusions I mean.) I remember him telling the Corps about the times he would sit in a chair in his "room" for hours and hours, under such incredible stress that all he could do was hang on until it was clear that Michael had won that particular battle. It required his total concentration and nothing helped. People (his wife etc) had to just leave him alone in the dark for extended periods of time. He described it as something like mental torture. He stood in the GAP! He never mentioned Jesus Christ as far as I remember. At the time it sounded to me (not a doctor - ok) like the man was suffering anxiety attacks. He also said he had trouble sleeping and was seeking medical attention. His MD, a believer, of course dismissed this and calmed his concerns about mental stress. Of course he was sound minded-he just had to save the world!

I'm not sure which page I found this post of Microbe's ... i'd have to go and look again.

That reminds me of "suspension of disbelief" ...

Suspension of disbelief is an aesthetic theory intended to characterize people's relationships to art. It was coined by the poet and aesthetic philosopher Samuel Taylor Coleridge in 1817. It refers to
the willingness of a person to accept as true the premises of a work of fiction, even if they are fantastic or impossible
. It also refers to the willingness of the audience to overlook the limitations of a medium, so that these do not interfere with the acceptance of those premises. According to the theory,
suspension of disbelief is a
quid pro quo
:
the audience tacitly agrees to provisionally suspend their judgment in exchange for the promise of entertainment

Maybe we willingly overlooked the obvious problems with our "chosen ones" fictional world. It was rather entertaining, though it got us into some trouble longer term, as we isolated ourselves from those lesser beings like family members or neighbors.

The torture of carrying the burdens of the world was perhaps an extension of that suspension into the psycho drama realm, or horror flick maybe. I suppose the Jesus Christ figure is rather common in any good movie, so maybe vp got swallowed up by the role playing.

Or maybe it was just a premeditated con for him ... and the rest of us were just players on his little stage ...

I don't know what you want to call it,all i know is after Jonestown ,I went to Emporia and sat there and vpw called it a psychological hoax.

Sooner or later with the time the truth always comes out.

In the thread titled: 1978 The Psychological Hoax, Sunesis wrote the following:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He probably got that tape, like all his other "secret" info tapes from the Liberty Lobby, of which he was a member.

For those of you who don't know, the Liberty Lobby is a front in Washington, D.C. for all the white supremist groups. That's where all his stuff on the illuminati, CFR, etc. came from. They have/had a magazine called the spotlight.

For all you 7th corps, remember when we got our copies of the "secret constitution"? I still have mine. In the back is an order form for us to subscribe to the spotlight if we wanted more info. These are the guys who see conspiracy theories in everything the government does. Their political party is called the Populist party.

VP would call their hotline to hear the latest. If was after listening to this stuff, that he would call a meeting, like when the commies were about to take over in the '70s and it was only our prayers that stopped it. Anyone remember that meeting at H.Q. - the whole malpack head for the hills thing, that was Liberty Lobby.

Since he didn't tell where he was getting his info from, everyone thought he was walking with God and getting "heavy revy." We was scammed!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading that got me wondering; is it possible any of our ABS got directed to this or some other comparable group?

I'm not saying it did and there is no proof that I am aware of.

Kinda makes ya wonder, though, where all the money went and why there was a never ending push to step up efforts to increase the intake.

I mean, there are only just so many fancy motorcycles and classic cars one can buy.

There had to be money left over even after all the "toys" and booze.

Anybody else ever wonder that?

I don't know what you want to call it,all i know is after Jonestown ,I went to Emporia and sat there and vpw called it a psychological hoax.

Sooner or later with the time the truth always comes out.

I think perhaps your memory fails you. I believe what he stated was, that the Current Psychological Hoax was getting men to fear, he never called Jonestown the Current Psychological Hoax.

I think perhaps your memory fails you. I believe what he stated was, that the Current Psychological Hoax was getting men to fear, he never called Jonestown the Current Psychological Hoax.

were YOU there! Did you here it or just the tape? Why are you so mean!

were YOU there! Did you here it or just the tape? Why are you so mean!

I was there, and I did review the tape as well today the evidence from both does not support your claim, Keeping the facts straight is not equal to being mean it is keeping the record honest. It's quite possible that your memory has failed you on this teaching it has been a number of years, other issues could have played a part in your lack of factual memory as well. In either case there is no record to support your claim unless you can provide one. There is however a taped record where the facts you have alleged do not correspond with the facts on the audio tape.

Thanks for that info, washn'wear.

I haven't stopped by the home page for a while.

(Guess I should have, huh?)

That's some sickening information.

There is no honor among thieves.

I was long gone by that time.(1998)

I was really thinking more along the lines of the time frame that encompassed all the conspiracy theories.

(mid 1970's).

That's when VP "allegedly" (trying to keep everybody happy here) had a direct and personal relationship with Liberty Lobby.

I know TWI was very secretive with their financial records so it might be impossible to ever know unless there is something in LL's records to make the connection.(Don't know how secretive they were in that regard.)

But it would really frost me to find out the sacrifices I made were supporting an organization that was so extremely contrary to my personal beliefs. That would certainly qualify as a hoax. Not psychological, perhaps, but very cruel and ironic.