GreaseSpot Cafe

Psychologial hoax

cheranne

And if giving someone the benefit of the doubt makes me seem like I am "promoting it",

Unless I'm mistaken, you were the one who brought this info to GS...and you're so intent on defending something you don't know about and dismissing people who didn't like what they saw on that website. That's what makes it seem like you're promoting it. I think people based what they thought about the website by looking at the web site. If he wants people to think more of it, then he'll need to explain more.

I thought the web site was wierd, you must think it's not wierd because you're willing to give the benefit of the doubt. "if you're not willing to be outside of your comfort zone..." implies immaturity and arrogance. What is this kid really offering? Seems like he is too full of self importance to explain himself, wants people to come bidding after him.

"Pssst! Happy Heart, if someone "goes there", it will be a self made decision just like the ones we all made when we were with The Way. An American Right, ya know...."

Well, that is open to debate and another thread. :confused: :P

Edited by happyheart

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:biglaugh: Please explain OM.

I really find this interesting (read "laughably absurd").

If you read the ENTIRE site, nowhere does it give even a hint of what the participants will be doing or learning (- well - other than it looks like you're going to be expected to stack some dweeb's firewood for him - oooo, won't that be a learning experience).

What would possibly move you to think that this will be an "awesome" experience? If they've put as much thought into their program as they have their website, well, I wouldn't be expecting much.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I agree...there's no curriculum, not an inkling of what to expect...you shouldn't have to email for details in order to find out what it is that you are asking for details about.

And then there's this little gem from the home page of the website:

"If you are unable to do things that are outside of your comfort zone, then this is not for you." :blink: :(

WTF??? Sounds like a major red flag to me...

I thought that statement was awesome. They seem to be saying right up front that the participant will be very busy and therefore the experience is not for lazy people whose comfort zone will be challenged.

Actually, you completely READ THAT INTO what was said.

There's nothing about "busy" or "lazy".

The only thing we have to go on is what they said

"unable to do things that are outside of your comfort zone".

Does that mean "learn to chop firewood correctly"?

Does it mean "get up at 5am"?

Does it mean "ride rollercoasters without fear?"

Does it mean "risk life and limb hitchhiking to another state, where unqualified

climbers will lead you up a mountain"?

Does it mean "go into housing projects and go door to door preaching the Bible"?

Does it mean "eating substandard food, living in a closet, and performing manual labour

full-time while paying for the privilege of working for someone?"

There's nothing to indicate any of those is true-or false.

It's equally possible that it might be for some noble purpose-

"the person will be busy"

as it is for some ignoble purpose-

"it is a "hold-harmless" clause, and if anyone finds anything wrong with the program,

they are welcome to just leave it or shut up."

Since the phrasing is, in part, identical to some things that some of us saw some

INCREDIBLE harm done in before,

and the resemblances are INTENTIONAL, NOT ACCIDENTAL,

I think some caution is called for.

Edited by WordWolf

Since you are being nit picky about your pet peeves, I guess I'll notify you, since didn't correctly read what I wrote,
Actually, I did read what you wrote...
that I never said a word about "hunting" dogs.
Ah, my mistake. Wild dogs? Show dogs? Poodles? What kind of dogs are "loosed" and are set upon "game"? I know, you didn't say "loosed". Ah, you're coming up with a completely new dog analogy, not at all based on Wierwille's analogy from PFAL...
However, if I were referring to "hunting dogs", I would have said "deer hunting dogs", or "coon hunting dogs", which are in fact turned loose to pursue and drive the deer into the hunter for a shot, or tree the coon for the hunter, a type of hunting I never respected by the way. And if things don't work out correctly, the dogs will gang up and kill the quarry. In my mind all of these years, I have thought of that illustration as a bunch of untrained dogs filled with blood lust running a scared deer to death, until it can run no more, and then pouncing on it like a pack of wolves and viciously ripping it to shreds.
Thank you. Those are some things that I did not know. I appreciate the opportunity to learn something new.
So, leaving that illustration aside, even though I think it an excellent illustration, regardless of your opinion of it, I'll put it yet another way:
Of course you thought it was excellent, it was yours <_<
It seems to me that certain people here want to let their "tongues" (words I guess, for we are typing) run rampant with unfounded accusations and snide comments about someone they do not know.
It did kind of look like a spoof site though :biglaugh:
Now, is that stated good enough for you and clear of any "Waybrain-isms"?
I believe it is, glad I could help :B)
Call it whatever you want dude, I don't really give a rats azz.
That was a lot of effort (or at least words) expended over something you don't care about.

Exactly why did you post that link in the first place anyway? Dude. :biglaugh:

I'd only add.. here is about the only place you'd get an honest critique of the "product".

It's kinda outside of the loop of the self admiration society that many seem to rely on for encouragement and sustenance.

Those in some splinter groups might think it, but they won't say it.. it's really impolite. If my internet site looked like I was dredging for volunteers to split and stack my firewood, haul off the old cars, herd my animals for me, and toss them to the curb when I was tired of them, or the farm was finally done, I just might really NEED somebody to tell me..

it's kinda like body odor. The polite thing to do is to discretely say something like "hey, ya know, soap and water has been in fashion for a couple of years. You might want to try some on.."

:biglaugh:

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

You too Oak... :beer:

The heads up on the "epiluo word" was good for me. But now, I am going to have to look it up for myself, for, I just can't take your word on it (like I did VP) "jus cuz you said so" ya know? Hah! I'm sure you respect that. Anyhow, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on it. BUT, I will look it up...

JL

Edited by Jonny Lingo

I've been thinking about something concerning this so*ers* website. I hope it's not just another turf war. Like the relatives of VPW thinking they should have the rights to the 5 corpse pricipals. If the thing is born of spite or entitlement issues then it will be just another ego fest. Maybe the kid is trying to honor his Grandfather, who knows?

Some of my experiences with twi leadership remind me of a kid in the middle of two immature parents divorcing. Listening to leaders boo hoo about each other and resenting people who don't follow them. I just know I don't have it in me to be involved in that kind of drama anymore.

Too much time was spent playing follow the leader.

Jonny, I like the idea that Victor Paul Wierwille wants to move the Word. I think his grandfather would be very proud.

pretty big assumption, on all counts, at least in my opinion..

some people might just think they hear the screams of gramps as debils work him over..

"Noooooo.. don't do it boy..... NOOOOOOO.."

:biglaugh:

But then again, that just might be some people's opinion too..

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

I guess the programming was deeper than I realized ...

when vpw died, I left twi ... but seeing victor paul wierwille is up and running again, I found myself awaking late at night, digging through boxes for old blue forms, and mailing money to box 328. :o

(there were no cats harmed in this incident) :biglaugh: