GreaseSpot Cafe

wiccans

cheranne

my sister is a wiccan and i really like her. We were raised in the same house same beliefs and structure,i joined a CULT and she became wiccan.

I left twi three times and went back to it,she was always there with an open door and heart for me and at times other friends who left with me.

She gave us a place to sleep,food to eat and never ever judged us for serving twi,even though she new they were screwing us over..

This is just thrown out there because i want to know if you had brothers or sisters when you got involved in twi what did they do?

my sister is a wiccan and i really like her. We were raised in the same house same beliefs and structure,i joined a CULT and she became wiccan.

I left twi three times and went back to it,she was always there with an open door and heart for me and at times other friends who left with me.

She gave us a place to sleep,food to eat and never ever judged us for serving twi,even though she new they were screwing us over..

This is just thrown out there because i want to know if you had brothers or sisters when you got involved in twi what did they do?

My brother took the class. Then he went to Way College of Emporia and then on to Fellow Laborers for two years.

My Mom and Dad took the class, also.(as well as lots of other classes.)

My Mom ran a twig for quite awhile until word came down from Int HQ that she could no longer represent her twig as being part of TWI because the members did not ABS.(They were all retired and didn't have the money to do so.)

My sisters were the smart ones. They did not get involved.

Not sure what that has to do with Wiccans but it seemed to fit with your question about sibling involvement.

I had a brother and a sister (both younger than me) and I was the first one to become involved in TWI. I was first involved with TWI in Oct 1974. They (and my mother) took the plaf class several years later. I left twi in 1986. My mother went to twigs for a while, a bit longer than either my brother or sister.

We were raised Catholic. None of us continued with the Catholic church into adulthood.

My brothers and sisters (two of each) acted as if I was their brother that they loved no matter what, treating my religion as irrelevant to their love for me.

None of them are Wiccans :biglaugh:

your lucky alot of people after gtting involved in TWI families disowned them. Would not support them and as you know a lot of these young very young impressionable wows going out on the field just relied more on eachother and the so called ministry, in my situation i was kicked out of the house,car taken from me,college tuition taken away everything!

I was not at a point where I expected to be supported. I was 19 and living with my parents when I took PFAL, they were not happy, but mostly respected my decision. I found out many years later that they considered deprogramming, but did not go through with it.

I really meant more of am emotional parent support not,like my mother would not talk to me for 2 years. It is still sometimes dificult to talk,but nothing like before,my father knew i ws just growing up . I thought they were nots but it was me.

Mom was a quiet Christan, Dad was a scoffer. My siblings were mostly main-stream Christians and when I joined twi they were scared for me because they had folks who told them cult stories of twi stock-piling guns at Emporia, and things like that. Of course, I assured them they were wrong.

When I showed up engaged and they didn't like the guy much they were afraid to speak out because they thought it would force me to defend him and therefore drive me deeper into the group. And it might have at that moment. Little did they know, though, it was being married to this hard-liner that kept me in twi about 10 years longer than I would have stayed solo. Who knew?

They pretty much kept their distance for the years I was a twi-let but I'd say that was my fault...

one vacation a year? go to ROA, of course

Easter? Thanksgiving? go to WIBP of course

spare money? send more ABS of course

visit your family? witness to them of course

become a leader? move around the country of course

Once I left twi, my whole family welcomed me back with open arms. Completely willing to forgive and commiserate. Taught me a lot about human compassion.

Mom was a quiet Christan, Dad was a scoffer. My siblings were mostly main-stream Christians and when I joined twi they were scared for me because they had folks who told them cult stories of twi stock-piling guns at Emporia, and things like that. Of course, I assured them they were wrong.

When I showed up engaged and they didn't like the guy much they were afraid to speak out because they thought it would force me to defend him and therefore drive me deeper into the group. And it might have at that moment. Little did they know, though, it was being married to this hard-liner that kept me in twi about 10 years longer than I would have stayed solo. Who knew?

They pretty much kept their distance for the years I was a twi-let but I'd say that was my fault...

one vacation a year? go to ROA, of course

Easter? Thanksgiving? go to WIBP of course

spare money? send more ABS of course

visit your family? witness to them of course

become a leader? move around the country of course

Once I left twi, my whole family welcomed me back with open arms. Completely willing to forgive and commiserate. Taught me a lot about human compassion.

Its gotta be difficult for family to try to understand what happened to us,and here we were just working ourselves into the ground trying to move the word of god,may as well been a hamster on a hamster wheel!

We were raised Catholic. I was the only one to get involved in TWI

One of my brother's still calls himself Catholic, but it is more in the vein of we're German, a family thing. He's an ultraliberal tree hugging environmentalist, works in the film industry and preaches recycling.

My mentally ill brother believes in aliens, but not in a religious way. He doesn't like crowds of people so no churches for him.

My sister is agnostic and hasn't been inside a chuch except for weddings or funerals since jr high. No interest, no time.

I was in TWI for 20 yrs, now have Wiccan tendencies.

Edited to add: My siblings are more comfortable with Wicca than with fundamentalist Christianity.

Edited by Bramble

Well, if you could make those aliens understand that the credit card payment is the 15th of every month, and that dates are important to human--you'd have a good thing going.

Unfortunately, you can't expect aliens to care about human payment dates. They are busy with alien stuff.