GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that tune - Classical Music used in a Wedding...

ChasUFarley

This is a snipped of video I'm working on - I need help identifying this song...

(I just uploaded the video a minute before started this thread. If it's slow loading, try again in a moment.)

THANKS!

Hmmm. Wouldn't load for me. :(

Edited by dmiller

This may be it: Okay - sorry Steve!.It sounded like a different arrangement of it, but with more strings...I've heard it before... dang I hate when this happens.

Edited by doojable

I understand why it sounds like Pachbell - - I went and listened to the posted Pachbell and from minute 5 on......it is very similar to the WaterMusik. But I am certain, on my youngest-born's flesh.....that is is the Handle piece!

Krys is absolutely correct...

Listen to these selected cuts and I believe you'll hear the piece you're looking to name:

Handel's Water Music

At the top of the page is a "Listen" button. It will allow you to listen to snippets without having to buy.

By the way, it's delightful! I need to own this!

It's selection #17 -Suite in D Major: Alla Hornpipe

Edited by doojable

Okay - The exact title of this is: Water Music: Allegro Maestoso

PHEW!

Many thanks to all of you who helped (and tried to help) me find this!

There's a cool story behind this:

My niece was adopted into the family when she was just three years old by my brother and his wife. They faced a lot of challenges in raising her, as she was developmentally disabled, as her mother had been a very heavy drug user when she was born. Long story short - she's blossomed into a wonderful, loving young lady and landed herself quite a gentleman. The young couple couldn't afford to hire someone to shoot video for their wedding so "Aunt Kris" volunteered to do it. I'm trying to get this to look and sound as professional as possible - just because I want to bless them. They deserve it - and I'm so proud of my niece.

Anyhow - thanks for listening to this sentimental broad.

And Dooj - I LOVE Pachelbel Canon in D - I can't listen to it without getting misty-eyed. It's so beautiful!

And Dooj - I LOVE Pachelbel Canon in D - I can't listen to it without getting misty-eyed. It's so beautiful!

I'm right there with ya! My two gals did a short duet piano arrangement for a recital.

And Chas - I stand corrected once again... maybe I'll just let the musicians talk about music...LOL!

Edited by doojable

When my most beloved aunt was dying, I had Hospice for her, and I had a hospital bed in the living room with soft lights and flowers everywhere. I played soft music to remind her that she was a woman after God's heart and she was going to be with Him. Her last semi-conscious breaths, before she went into a coma, were to Pachelbel's Canon. I think it is as close as man can get to the music of heaven. She died peacefully in my arms later that night.

I want it played at my memorial service. It is filled with beauty, peace, and joy.

On a lighter note, one of my nephews got married a few years back, and their recessional was the theme from "Rocky". The original plan was to carry his bride piggy-back down the aisle, but he kept getting tangled up in her train and veil, so he just swooped her up in his arms and ran off with her!

WG