GreaseSpot Cafe

Gun Talk

J0nny Ling0

Thanks, all.

I did some regular shooting with a .45 ACP a while back, but became dissatisfied with the time it took me to recover sight-taget alignment for accurate shooting. The gun itself seemed accurate enough and very modest in its felt-recoil, but I didn't get to the place where I could plug out a succession of accurate shots.

I guess it's watch a bunch of Rob Leatham clips and get better at it (if and when I get back to having time for regular shooting), before switching to a lighter caliber.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm nowhere near Marble Falls. I live in the Ozarks.

Unless that's some sort of new magazine design I'm not familiar with, it appears to be inserted backwards. I don't know how she got it in there and I can't see how she could have chambered the first round, but it appears to be inserted backwards.

I'm nowhere near Marble Falls. I live in the Ozarks.

Unless that's some sort of new magazine design I'm not familiar with, it appears to be inserted backwards. I don't know how she got it in there and I can't see how she could have chambered the first round, but it appears to be inserted backwards.

She is using a clip that holds to mags together. Most people have the tops together and the highs just ofset. She has them reversed.

Trust me you cannot insert a mag backwards in an AR.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the day. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in Heller v. District of Columbia.

Most significent 2nd amendment court case in our lifetimes. My Tivo is reeling it in now, audio should be up on Youtube this afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Question:

How does the muzzle jump of a .40 S&W handgun compare with the muzzle jump of a .45 ACP?

i have a pair of sig p220's ( anybody got a light ?).45 acp, and i had a pair of sig p229's .40. i dont ever recall any noticeable muzzle flip(jump) difference. i traded those .40's to my dad and kept the 45's. the 220's i have dont have a lot of muzzle flip when shooting federal hydrshocks which is what i keep for self defense. i bought the 40's along with the 45's for self defense about 11 years ago. the 40's were a little smaller which made them good for carring however i prefere the 45's much better stopping power. my dad being a mississippi gun nut immediatly made a claim on the 40's. yep ! we both be mississippi born gun nuts, or is that acorn nuts , maybe just plane nuts !!!! hope this helps you , if you need more info just axk !!! GOD,guns and guts made this country free!!!!

Edited by shiftthis

Anyone have a concealed carry permit?

I now live in an area of California where it it actually possible for a ordinary citizen to obtain one. A class is required, along with about $80/year to renew. Seems like it's not quite worth it.

what area is that ? i live in the los angeles area and have applied for one several times over the years, even went to that citizens review board and all that stuff they require, and like every other ordinary citizen was DENIED!!!! ALL that money wasted. they required that you have a gun safety course when i applied and i took a weekend class at a gun safety school. that was probably 10 years ago. i dont know what they require today, but they wont give permits in la. hopefuly the u.s. supreme will say what the 2nd ammendment says and we wont need no permit!!!!

If you would like a concealed permit or even like owning a firearm please check the presidential candidate before voting.

Obama would likely ban them all. Read what the has said in the past.

Of corse in the Great State of Texas we have concealed carry.

I have six differant guns that it are against the law to have in Californa. :biglaugh:

California has very restrictive conceal and carry laws, if you know a judge you might be able to get one, but pretty far out of reach for most nonproffessionals.

Great states like Nevada, , Utah, Arizona, and Texas have relatively easy ways of obtaining permits where often the neighboring states (other than CA) honor them.

The Dems always have the gun ban itch, I don't like it, but I can't see the country electing another GOP prez.  I hope Obamba doesn't clamp down on gun owners if he gets elected, I am a staunch believer that personal gun ownership lowers crime.

California carry laws are passed and enforced on a countywide basis. It's virtually impossible to get a carry permit in an urban county, but many of the rural counties have relatively carry-friendly laws and policies.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...