GreaseSpot Cafe

The *believer's* standing and state

Ham

I kinda am of the opinion that "righteous is, righteous does".

But this "scientifically precise" scriptural dividing of body/soul spirit, old man/new man.. standing/state..isn't it kind of, well, unusual? You'd think that one would want wholeness. To unify their being. Not divide it off into "good guy, bad guy.." Doesn't it merely give the "bad guy" a supposed righteous reason to roam free?

The good guy covers his back. "don't touch MY righteousness".

No matter how people may scripturally justify this.. it still looks convoluted to me..

I remember this vividly.. one of my friends explaining to his dad that he was righteous.. basically that it didn't make a heck of a lot of difference what the "old man" did.. and some pretty nasty stuff at that. The dad countered.. "it sounds like you are using the bible to go to hell.."

the reaction? "Rowwwwwer, hisssssss...."

:biglaugh:

It's really nothing more than another recipe for mind over emotion.

(With a little God tossed in the chili pot.)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Me thinks old "Doc" was not such a good "cook", eh?

I think the only reason to split one up would be to see how the one fits together.

We are body, soul and spirit but we are one.

The only thing that will change is our perspective of it.

A ministry against the trinity turns us into one-interesting.

And standing and state, another division enhancing tool they used.

I kinda am of the opinion that "righteous is, righteous does".

But this "scientifically precise" scriptural dividing of body/soul spirit, old man/new man.. standing/state..isn't it kind of, well, unusual? You'd think that one would want wholeness. To unify their being. Not divide it off into "good guy, bad guy.." Doesn't it merely give the "bad guy" a supposed righteous reason to roam free?

The good guy covers his back. "don't touch MY righteousness".

No matter how people may scripturally justify this.. it still looks convoluted to me..

And GRACE would always cover that bad guy behaviour, cuz ya was already righeous ya know. Heard that way too many times. Not many would ever admit being wrong, er... outta fellowship (was that standing, or was that state?). I am happy to say I have forgotten.

I think when the vicster hacked with the dull knife, sometimes kinda missed and lopped off the guy's conscience.

That's what I observed in the first limb leader I met.

I wonder if it ever grew back.

And GRACE would always cover that bad guy behaviour, cuz ya was already righeous ya know. Heard that way too many times. Not many would ever admit being wrong, er... outta fellowship (was that standing, or was that state?). I am happy to say I have forgotten.

The best one to decide if you are "in or out of fellowship", I mean "walking in the flesh" or "walking in the spirit" would

be none other than the HOLY SPIRIT!