GreaseSpot Cafe

The New Corps~ sorta

bliss

...so, for those of you "worried" that maybe the sins of the grandfather may be repeated by the grandson, fuhgetaboudit!!!............"THE SIN PROBLEN NO LONGER EXISTS"..............we've taken care of that for you folks!!!..........."No worry, fear, guilt, or any other lie from this world can defeat you because you know all these things were overcome by way of Jesus Christ and that you have been made righteous. When you realize this truth from God’s Word, you will then have confidence to “come boldly unto the throne of grace…” (Hebrews 4:16)."!!!............."worry, fear, guilt"..........why they're just "lie(s) from this world" and they exist only to "defeat you"............and, btw.........stop with those darn questions too, won't you??..........

If I remember correctly, this attitude is what led to the rampant sin and abuse in TWI. We are forgiven for our sins, but that does not guarantee that our sin nature will not lure us into sin again. We will not be without sin until the Lord returns. In the meantime, there needs to be accountability. When a believer sins, it is proper to feel remorse, hopefully leading to repentance. This is not "guilt" that is "just a lie of the world."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AMEN, MarkC!

Repentence was one of The KEY ingredients missing in the WAY. When we left, and heard a teaching on true repentence, I must have cried for days. NOT BECAUSE OF GUILT>>>>>>>> but because of CONVICTION!

Being smug and not laying our sin before a HOLY GOD because ''we are righteuous now'' is a load of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone transgresses against you, and they came over and said, ''I know you forgive me, lets go play pool''................

you might not feel the sense of true remorse for hurting you in this person. I would much rather hear '' I really am sorry, and I didn't mean it....... ". Same goes for God. How much more should we confess our sins with true remorse to a Sovereign God, then a mere man?

Daily, we are to cast our sin at HIS Feet on our knees, and be sorry for what we have done. This makes for a relationship with Him, not an assumed position with Him.

Assumed position it seems to me led to an arrogance that really led us off track. Some never recover.

"Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely." I dont remember who said it but it is still true.

AMEN, MarkC!

Repentence was one of The KEY ingredients missing in the WAY. When we left, and heard a teaching on true repentence, I must have cried for days. NOT BECAUSE OF GUILT>>>>>>>> but because of CONVICTION!

Being smug and not laying our sin before a HOLY GOD because ''we are righteuous now'' is a load of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone transgresses against you, and they came over and said, ''I know you forgive me, lets go play pool''................

you might not feel the sense of true remorse for hurting you in this person. I would much rather hear '' I really am sorry, and I didn't mean it....... ". Same goes for God. How much more should we confess our sins with true remorse to a Sovereign God, then a mere man?

Daily, we are to cast our sin at HIS Feet on our knees, and be sorry for what we have done. This makes for a relationship with Him, not an assumed position with Him.

Amen to that too, Mark and Bliss!

I pretty much did the same thing, but it just wasn't tears, my knees were ready to buckle under all the way up to my room on the elevator and I had to steel myself to not cry in public. Although, our spirits have been made righteous, it is our souls and our bodies that need to be reigned into obedience to the Master and to obey the rules in His Kingdom, in heaven and on earth. And you're absolutely right about the smugness....which is what I think isolated us even further from the rest of the body of Christ, because they were on their knees and we were strutting ourselves in the other direction.

It's pretty much the same response I sometimes would LOVE TO UTTER, even in the main line churches, that the LAW is still very much alive. Simply because there is a difference between the LAW of GOD and Moses' laws and we are very much under the LAW of GOD to this day. The Ten Commandments, or the Ten Words or the Decalogue are still in force today. Hallelujah, that our heavenly Father has loved us so much that HE has given to us HIS Boundaries.

"Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely." I dont remember who said it but it is still true.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely

Meaning

Literal meaning.

Origin

This arose as a quotation by John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834–1902). The historian and moralist, who was otherwise known simply as Lord Acton, expressed this opinion in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton in 1887:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Another English politician with no shortage of names - William Pitt the Younger, The Earl of Chatham and British Prime Minister from 1766 to 1778, is sometimes wrongly attributed as the source. He did say something similar, in a speech to the UK House of Lords in 1770:

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"

Amen to that too, Mark and Bliss!

It's pretty much the same response I sometimes would LOVE TO UTTER, even in the main line churches, that the LAW is still very much alive. Simply because there is a difference between the LAW of GOD and Moses' laws and we are very much under the LAW of GOD to this day. The Ten Commandments, or the Ten Words or the Decalogue are still in force today. Hallelujah, that our heavenly Father has loved us so much that HE has given to us HIS Boundaries.

Actually, the Ten Commandments were part of the Old Covenant, which was only temporary till Christ. But most of it was restated in the New Covenant, only with an even higher standard. So high in fact, that we can't maintain it by our own ability, we can only maintain it by the power of God and Christ. Our standard is now the words of the Lord Jesus. The goal is to have a right heart, not just right actions, and only God can work that in us.

But your point is well taken, that our souls and our bodies need to be reigned into obedience to the Master and to obey the rules in His Kingdom. That's what Paul meant by walking by the spirit, more than "operating all nine all the time!" The smugness of our old Way attitude sickens me when I think of it now.

Edited by Mark Clarke

Actually, the Ten Commandments were part of the Old Covenant, which was only temporary till Christ. But most of it was restated in the New Covenant, only with an even higher standard. So high in fact, that we can't maintain it by our own ability, we can only maintain it by the power of God and Christ. Our standard is now the words of the Lord Jesus. The goal is to have a right heart, not just right actions, and only God can work that in us.

But your point is well taken, that our souls and our bodies need to be reigned into obedience to the Master and to obey the rules in His Kingdom. That's what Paul meant by walking by the spirit, more than "operating all nine all the time!" The smugness of our old Way attitude sickens me when I think of it now.

I'm glad you put the qualifier in, because had you not, I would have! :eusa_clap:

One thing I've learned (finally) is that God's LAW transcends covenants even while it does not negate them. However, I slightly disagree that they have been made higher, in that they were high in the first covenant and could not be always attained. We probably in this covenant have a better shot of attaining them only because we now have the Holy Spirit living within, therefore, the LAW of GOD is within and not without. So whenever in those moments that we are in obedience to the Holy Spirit, we attain, but when we are not....alas! And your last line....a sad Amen to that one too.

• 5 months later...