GreaseSpot Cafe

The New Corps~ sorta

bliss

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the last line on the page????

If you are unable to do things that are outside of your comfort zone, then this is not for you.

Ooookay... isn't this what is being discussed on the "Toughen Up" thread??

Hey... I've got a whole lot of yard work and exterior fix-ups that need to be done on my house... maybe if I set up a Biblical youth camp I could get it all done in a week or two this summer/fall...

Weenies need not apply...

Edited by TheHighWay

Run young ones do not participate Believe me Later on in life youll be glad you did not.

hey hosers (This fellow labers thingy) Get a life get a job get serious,get somthing

Just what we need another unaccredited "bible course"

What the heck did wow ever do for me?Hmm seemed good at the time............

I'm disappointed that he is VictorPaul38@aol.com

I want to follow VictorPaul@aol.com .... no 38th spot for me ...

Maybe he shoulda just been VictorPaulWierwille@aol.com ... or did one of you guys already take that? :evildenk:

I wonder if MOGFOT@aol.com is available

I'm disappointed that he is VictorPaul38@aol.com

I want to follow VictorPaul@aol.com .... no 38th spot for me ...

Maybe he shoulda just been VictorPaulWierwille@aol.com ... or did one of you guys already take that? :evildenk:

I wonder if MOGFOT@aol.com is available

Come on man - maybe 38 is the 38th parallel and he is a secret North Korean infiltrator...come to infect us with tetanus from the rust on the beat up truck

Well, nothing against Li'l VPster, I'm sure he means well but the only out of comfort zone thing shown on the site is if you're maybe aftraid of fire or getting burned to a crisp, as you noted, Jim. I know that if it were me, that would definitely be out of my comfort zone so I'd not be able to attend. Although the slogan for it could be slick - "Go and Glow".

Anyhoo-the site's got to be for people who already know what's up and what it's all about. There's nothing there that gives any indication of the quality of the program or even what you'll be doing.

Maybe it will be a "glow-gram", not a program.

I can think of a couple things that will completely blow that comfort zone right out of their scrubby plaid shirts and wool caps, but that would be like, y'know, not cool and all. :biglaugh:

Let's hope the mean well....and act responsibly.

Anyhoo-the site's got to be for people who already know what's up and what it's all about. There's nothing there that gives any indication of the quality of the program or even what you'll be doing.

I somewhat disagree - the state of the pick-up truck might tell you a lot about the quality of the program. Two-toned - dented - old as me (and that is old)?

Come on man - maybe 38 is the 38th parallel and he is a secret North Korean infiltrator...come to infect us with tetanus from the rust on the beat up truck

They got sheep. I'd be wary of anthrax...

Seriously, I wish I didn't see "high school diploma" among the minimum requirements. To take put off going to college (even for one year) is a pattern too many of us know all to well. A summer program seems a better choice.

Okay, I know, a better choice would be to go to college, get a job, make some money, buy a new truck, buy your own dang farm. Then you could choose your zone and the comfort level.

Edited by doojable

the goals got me a little twitchy

To Fearlessly Pursue an Understanding in These Principles:

1. Acquire an in-depth spiritual perception and awareness.

2. Receive training in the whole Word so as to be able to teach others.

3. Physical training making your body, the "vehicle" of communication of the Word, as vital as possible.

4. Practice believing to bring material abundance to you and the Ministry.

5. Go forth as leaders and workers in areas of concern, interest, and need.

but maybe they're for the sheep

Bliss, what was your first impression of his little internet site?

Mine was.. "sheesh, he's looking for volunteers to chop and stack his fire wood, fix the farm equipment, herd and slaughter his farm animals.. build the farm.. and at the end of the day, listen to old tapes of V1P1 teaching Thessalonians or something."

I originally thought it was a joke.

No, he says it's no joke..

just him and a bunch of pathetic well past middle aged men, trying to forge yet another "exclusive" authoritarian offshoot in old "doc" vic's name..