GreaseSpot Cafe

Cutting Through the Fog

pawtucket

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, excellent interview. It was great hearing Ralph again. Sounds like he's doing fine. I do miss seeing and hearing from that laid back fun to be with man who's not afraid to say it like it is. Not that I knew Ralph well, but I did meet him once at his home in Lincoln, MA where he gave some straight counsel to a young man who was really down in the dumps. And living in Mass. I really enjoyed his teachings and mostly his ability to connect with people and enjoy life. God bless you, Ralph dude, maybe I';; bump into you here in Mass again if you are still here.

Cheers.

I suppose the thing that bothers me is that a lot of these guys that Vic ordained...and I'm talking about the ones who STILL consider themselves "clergy"...do so, without any credentials whatsoever!...no seminaries...no bible colleges (Emporia doesn't count)...no theological schools...no degrees...nada! The only thing that they hang their hat on is that a cult leader put his hand on his head...

So what is it?...Vic was wrong about what he did and what he taught EXCEPT their ordination?...

I'll toss out all the wrong doctrines but my ordination is not among them?...

Some of them are still with twi...some of them are in splinter groups...some of them are doing "other things" under the tile of "reverend"...

if they really want to be Christian ministers, why don't they go to Moody bible college and take the classes that Vic only pretended to take...go legit!...

Here's the thing...established denominations would never consider these clowns to be clergy...and that's ok with them because Vic taught them, by example, how to make money by starting their own cult...

...Whether they want to admit it or not, they are following in the steps of the cult leader that taught them...

Not having formal clergy training does not bother me so much. There are lots of valid ministers without degrees. Some ministers shoudn't be ministers without a degree or training. Some should. Sometimes "clergy training" can destroy a true ministry.

-Right Reverend JJ

Not having formal clergy training does not bother me so much. There are lots of valid ministers without degrees. Some ministers shoudn't be ministers without a degree or training. Some should. Sometimes "clergy training" can destroy a true ministry.

-Right Reverend JJ

Point taken...I suppose it's not so much that they lack proper theological training" as much as it's the idea that they give credence to a cult leader's ordination process...

and.. I think the big factor just might lie in where they actually did, or didn't get their formal or informal "training"..

considering the cloud of doubt associated with twi ordination, if one would want to continue in da "ministry", they'd at least owe it to themselves to get some *real* training and legitimacy.. and avoid the embarrasing questions, as to credentials earned sitting at the feet of a lunatic..

or move on and do something else. Find a "real" calling. Something else useful, and legitimate.. many have.

Then.. I haven't seen a valid degree or "training" in chemistry, math, physics, destroy or ruin a profession as a physicist, chemist, mathmatician..

but a "degree" from a degree mill.. that's about the fastest way to NOT be noticed in a favorable manner from one's peers..

one may not actually KNOW that the paper in hand isn't worth any more than a few sheets of toilet paper..but it reeks of dishonesty.. whether one is honest or not. I know "corps" actually did some WORK. True.. it's not "fair"..

I'd be disappointed if it were me..

and considering that the "training" was unacredited, and was basically required and administered for in-house employment..

and that many of you guys were run off for no good reason.. when numbers were NOT yet dwindling, due to some documentable mismanagement..

I wonder if there is a class action legal remedy..

:)

It's like.. you paid, and in many cases served "hard time" to acquire the distinction of a "lifetime of christian service"..

and then "sorry, we don't REALLY need ya.." it's not like getting a degree that a different prospective employer would consider on a resume..

da numbnuts now don't even want anything from many whom they trained.. even on a VOLUNTEER basis..

I wouldn't be a "happy camper"..

lost wages due to participating for three years in a fraudulant work/study scheme.. might add up to quite a few shekels..

:biglaugh:

even at minimum wage levels of retribution.. it'd be what.. about $48,000 or so?

times how many corps grads are there?

I'd imagine the handful of current employees would choose to opt out..

And don't worry.. I think the dancing "prez" wouldn't profit, or be a member of the class, considering he administered the scheme..

:biglaugh:

seems something of this nature might actually break twi's back..

I'm pretty sure their insurance policy does not pay for documentable fraud..