GreaseSpot Cafe

What movie is this?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If not for the reference to singing on tombs, I'd guess Frosty the Snowman. It has frost, snowshoes, a greenhouse (hence the flowers) and lots of love, but no romance. but I don't remember anyone singing on tombs...

This is just to get all the clues together. Still not quite clicking for me, though.

A Frosty movie about footwear and flowers with singing on tombs where love has nothing to do with getting married.

Two Chamberlains but one is playing one and the other is one playing.

The movie gets a mention in another movie about a famous interview.

Get it right and you will have a ball but watch the clock.

George

It just occurred to me that it's Cinderella, also. I googled "Cinderella" and "Chamberlain" and came up with

"The Slipper and the Rose: The Story of Cinderella" starring Richard Chamberlain.

We can wait for Trefor's confirmation. I hope you have an idea for a new one, Linda, because I don't!

George

Finally! :eusa_clap:

But Linda was the first to make a connection with Cinderella and googling is naughty! :biglaugh:

The "Frosty" Movie referred to the nickname of David Frost who produced the film and this is shown also referenced in the movie Frost/Nixon.

There is a scene in the film where the Prince and his friend sing in and on the tombs of the the royal family vaults of Euphrania, one of several great songs written by the Sherman Brothers. Another was about "What has love to do with getting married?" The Prince wants to marry for love but the King wants him to marry for dynastic reasons.

The two Chamberlains were Richard Chamberlain who is the "one playing" and Kenneth More who is "playing one" i.e. the Court Chamberlain.

If you haven't seen the movie you should! :dance:

I disagree that googling is "naughty" in this case, because I had to pretty much figure it out to make the search worthwhile. (Unlike, say, Name that Tune, where it would be trivial to google the lyric you're given.) Without googling, there was no way I'd have recognized this particular "Cinderella." I think your first clue was quite good, except that the movie itself probably isn't that well-known. The last clue was good for a generic "Cinderella." I'm not criticizing, just critiquing. This thread is the hardest, at least for me, to come up with clues for.

Linda, you're up if you want it.

George

I'm surprised that you consider that the move was not well known, it garnered quite a few award nominations including 2 Oscar ones.

But as with many movies, one's age will be a factor and if one has not seen a movie to begin with it can be difficult to even begin to think of a candidate.

I had to make a generic clue as the original one wasn't getting a nibble. :rolleyes::beer:

• 2 weeks later...

In "Little Shop of Horrors," it's the BOSSES (and others) who disappear.

If I said what the guy did for a living, it would give it away. Remember the very first post on this thread. "The Wizard of Oz" isn't really about Dorothy going on a killing spree, it's just what happens. This movie isn't (primarily) about this guy's job status, but rather about what he does well.

George