GreaseSpot Cafe

What movie is this?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As nobody has stepped in I will give it a whirl.

Twisted Calvinistic plot that one guy stuck with it and had who no choice in the matter hates, especially when he doesn't get the girl. But trying to escape he ends up getting shot by one who is not subject to the effects of the plot. Yet someone else may choose to be stuck with the plot out of love.

Edited by Trefor Heywood

Clearly nobody knows anything about musicals apart from me! :blink:

Fill in the blanks: B _ _ G _ _ _ _ N :asdf:

I know a lot about musicals: Mary Poppins, My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music...even the one that started this thread, The Wizard of Oz. I've actually seen Brigadoon, but it's not one of my favorites. What can I say? This is a tough thread to give clues for.

George

Oh goodie! My turn! :-) :-)

Hmmm.

How about this; a young man sets off on a journey he didn't want to take, faces life-threatening challenges and is guided by unseen forces to what becomes the salvation of his entire people. No, wait, that could be one of a 100 movies.

How about this...

A few guys launch a daring and potentially violent crime. Mistakes are made. The perps are surrounded and what was supposed to be a snatch and grab turns into a siege. As the story unfolds, the thieves motives become clear, a surprising relationship is revealed and the people watching the standoff turn against the police.

I thought it could be Die-Hard until the people turned on the police, and it started to sound like Matrix. So am I to take in consideration the part about becoming the salvation for his people or not Jbarrax. At any rate I'm gonna need to get my thinking cap on! :spy: Oh there it is.

Sorry for the obfuscation Human. Disregard that first part about the hero becoming the salvation of his people. I was making a reference to the standard plot of "the hero's journey" which is found in most modern action-adventure and SF-fantasy stories. That description could summarize one of a dozen or so movies including Star Wars, Prince of Persia, Lord of the Rings, etc.

I guess it was a bad joke.

The synopsis begins with "a few guys launch a daring..."

BTW, this film is at least ten years older than Die Hard or the Matrix.

Edited by Jbarrax