GreaseSpot Cafe

What movie is this?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A man adds direction to his life, and attempts to become a public enemy, but accidentally

ends up being proclaimed a hero.

wild guess: Taxi Driver

That guess was hardly "wild".

It IS "Taxi Driver."

Travis suddenly begins focusing his life when he prepares to do

violence- working out, buying guns, fashioning a custom

holster, looking tough in the mirror

("You talking to me?...."),

then tries to shoot the Governor/Presidential candidate.

He fails.

Meanwhile, he's been trying to get Jodi Foster's

character to give up prostitution. When he sees her pimp

victimizing her, he gets her out of there by shooting up the

place-and shooting all the criminals. He becomes reported

as a hero for rescuing that young girl from criminals.

Meanwhile,

it's soul searcher's turn.

Edited by WordWolf

(snip)

...this thread is about giving very roundabout descriptions of movies. For example, the first post in this thread gave this description: "Girl travels to a foreign country, kills the first woman she meets, partners with 3 total strangers to kill again" The movie referred to was "The Wizard of Oz." Get it? It's actually kind of hard to give clues to movies this way! At any rate, giving a line from a movie is suited to the "Name that Flick" thread, rather than this one.

(snip)

Please, play any or all of the game threads; just follow the rules.

George

Here's a quote:

"Let me ask you something. If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?"

Okay, I'll add some context:

Local sheriff pursues a psychopathic hit-man who is pursuing a retired veteran who took took satchel of money.

Here's the clue

A trained assassin tries to forget his past, starts new and takes a job and falls in love, then loses that love, finds that the only thing that matters was that love and goes about taking everyone's life who had helped take that love from him.

Here's the clue

A trained assassin tries to forget his past, starts new and takes a job and falls in love, then loses that love, finds that the only thing that matters was that love and goes about taking everyone's life who had helped take that love from him.

This is a good one. It actually has the description that could fit many flicks of their genre. Does anyone need more clues to solve this?

I need a day to come up with something. It's like you said George this game is especially hard on the clue giver.

A one man army takes on a cartel and sacrifices his own life in exchange for another's!

Best I can do. :unsure:

• 5 months later...

I think I have one.

Man took a trip on the civilization ride. With each ride Man's on, he discovers technological advancements beyond anything that anyone else before him has realized. When the ride that Man is on ends, he finds that the ride was predestined to fail.

You know I looked at my clue I posted to this thread and I thought if "I didn't know" what movie I got this from, there was no way that I could begin to make a guess from that encryption. So, I thought I'd give it another go.

Man takes an epic journey from the dawn of civilization. Along the way Man takes giant steps with technology and advances beyond all he can see and know. Man is a mouse being played in the maze we call life.

That's better. Give that a shot.