GreaseSpot Cafe

God's favorite colors

coolchef

While riding home this morning from my club i was again awestruck by the vivid greens of the trees'the brilliant blue of the sky

and the pure white clouds.

So,i think God's favorite colors must be green blue and white

ok so a dumb post but i feel thankful for these colors and that i can see and enjoy them!

Someone told me the other day that science has figured out that each person sees things slightly uniquely (color-wise) so that while we all learn to call the color of tree bark "brown" the brown I see and the brown you see could be quite different. (this is not even counting those who have some kind of color-blindness which causes them to get most things right but mix up certain colors).

It does make we wonder what "God-vision" would be like? Would he see only the TRUE color that is meant to be? Or would he see in the whole spectrum of each color at once? Or is that the same thing?

Here's some information regarding how the human eye/brain interprets color.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_vision

It is possible to scientifically test to determine if what they see as red, for example, represents the typical wavelength parameters that define "red".

Here is the Ishihara pseudoisochromatic color test commonly used in doctors offices.

You can click on the link to take the test.

http://colorvisiontesting.com/ishihara.htm

Edited by waysider

While riding home this morning from my club i was again awestruck by the vivid greens of the trees'the brilliant blue of the sky

and the pure white clouds.

So,i think God's favorite colors must be green blue and white

ok so a dumb post but i feel thankful for these colors and that i can see and enjoy them!

God's favorite colors? Black and Gold. Go Pens!!!! (For you hockey fans watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs)

JT

Edited by JustThinking