GreaseSpot Cafe

Tinnie Question

TheHighWay

I never went LEAD. It was optional during the fog years when I was in-rez.

If I remember right the location used for Tinnie was once a private residence wasn't it? And I suspect it still is now. But of all the locations twi owned, that seems to be the one there are fewest pictures of, and I'm just curious exactly where it was and what it looked like... was there a single building? multiple buildings? multiple stories? a dining hall? dorms? How many staff folks stayed there? Etc...

Thanks to anyone who can fill me in...

It's west of Roswell in the boonies. At least when we went lead in '85 & '86, there were no dorms and the only building I recall was the staff house. The property backed up alongside a wilderness area, if I remember correctly. I can't remember whether or not we spent our first night in our own tents near the staff house or if we had to start hiking into the wilderness right away. In '85 we hitched in January and it was so cold that when we had completed our session (6 (?) nights), we got to sleep on the floor of the staff house for one night. I was never so grateful to be inside.

I stopped by the post office there, on my way to somewhere else, a few years ago, and had a lovely conversation with the postal worker, who said that the ministry had sold off that property. I felt that if this was correct, then I felt sorry for the family who donated that land the TWI. It surely wasn't in service for very long.

oh my gosh that is the place Rhino!!

I live in New Mexico and we have those kids of wacky places all over the state...

If they can make it up the crapped out road - it is nice there - but one doesn't have to drive that far out to the middle of nowwhere to "get it together" imnsho!