GreaseSpot Cafe

The evils of Cleveland's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

fooledagainII

Am I remembering correctly, in the mid 80s (I think 1986) LCM was warning us about having Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame "...in HQ backyard...!"?

As I recalled we even had a 24 hours of prayer about it (they were planning or just beginning to build the Hall of Fame at that time).

What was suppose to be the big problem with it?

It was taught in the advanced class, and other places, that the only way to achieve the level of success that would later become a criteria for induction into the RRHOF, was to sell out to "the adversary". (Wrong seed / devil spirits, that sort of thing.)

Couldn't have all those sons of Satan being honored so close to hallowed ground, now could we? Maybe someone should have asked them where THEIR believing was? Sheesh! HQ was supposedly the spiritual epicenter of the world and yet it was afraid of something inanimate that was 150 miles away?

Edited by waysider

Waysider (Couldn't have all those sons of Satan being honored so close to hallowed ground, now could we? Maybe someone should have asked them where THEIR believing was? Sheesh! HQ was supposedly the spiritual epicenter of the world and yet it was afraid of something inanimate that was 150 miles away? )

You can not say their believing was bad, us peons can only have bad or crappy believing.

To them it is a spiritual attack. :asdf:

copenhagen :rolleyes:

I was on staff when he was proclaiming that we needed to pray that Cleveland wouldn't succeed in its bid to become the location for the Rock Hall. Balderdash. I prayed that it would. I figured it was good for the economy, and I didn't buy into that twi tendency to spiritualize about every little thing in life.

I also remember when we came to Cleveland from HQ to watch the Browns play the Patriots, and LCM said we had to root for the Pats because there were Wayfers on the team. Yeah sure, that was gonna happen. :dance:

When I was taught in the advanced class that the Beatles were part of a communist conspiracy, that Jimi Hendrix couldn't "really" play the guitar and that Willie Nelson was loaded with devil spirits...I knew something was really bonkers...

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?...a kewl place if you ask me...ever notice how twi was obsessed with the physical proximity of "evil things"?...can't live next to a cemetary, gotta clean the neighborhood of "evil spirits" when you move in...etc.,etc.,etc...

...if you ask me, they outta get rid of that "fountain of living waters"...I think it's crawlin' with demon snakes.

:offtopic: (sorry)

Isn't vp buried near or under that fountain?

Hmmmm... IIRC supposedly the "spurt of Leviathan" was the spurt that pozzezzed alcoholics and the victard said that they always needed to live near water.

Edited by doojable

Hmmmm... IIRC supposedly the "spurt of Leviathan" was the spurt that pozzezzed alcoholics and the victard said that they always needed to live near water.

Hee Hee

Maybe they were afraid they would have to exhume him (VPW) and and give him a final resting place near the slip of The GoodTime II

http://cleveland.about.com/od/sightseeingt...goodtimeIII.htm

BTW-- I played an after prom gig on this boat with a band called Soul Purpose in 1966.

On the way home, we turned on the radio and heard a really cool new song called My Baby Does The Hanky Panky.

:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqYMqgXG8ks

Edited by waysider