GreaseSpot Cafe

The Two-Drink Limit

Twinky

One more for the road, exrated.

:offtopic: The best thing I ever did was choose abstinence from substances that play tiddly winks with my brain cells. Back way back when oh yes. A months worth of my personal supply would have kept our registered members at GS very high for a year. I tell the story today of one of my dealers, "suppliers" who took me aside one visit and talked to me about "lightening up". Classic customer service. It only made sense, losing a customer's no good, no mo' dough, y'know?

At that time shots and shooters and a steady glass of whatever was a good way to keep my mind straight and mellow, a way to swing back into focus, get braced up for the journey back to "normal". Booze was like an alcoholic Health Drink, comparitively, although I'm sure my liver would have complained if it thought it could be heard over my screamin' cerebral cortex.

Finally all that went south, by choice. And that was that.

In the Way I toyed with drink again, but it didn't last. It just seemed pointless. If it's not working, what's the point? That's a bad place to be when bad is all you've got.

I had learned to fully enjoy and appreciate being "me", bumps and scars included. I resented the filter it produced between me, myself and I and everyone else. We liked to see the whites of the eyes.

Shawn Mullins sang it well - "At the dark end of the bar, what a beautiful wreck you are..." :wink2:

Thus the wisdom "you have to learn to laugh at yourself. You might as well. Everyone else is."

I guess I just got tired of being someone else's story, the day after.

Two drink limit - best advice you can follow, as long as that's not too much.

I have to admit that once I had one foot out the door of twi, I've gotten roaring drunk more than once with my sister and had good times, and slept on her couch, which is the best place to stay after drinking wine all night.

I guess I had to figure out what my limits are... sometimes one, sometimes three, sometimes who cares?

I don't believe that anyone ever did himself any good by getting drunk. (The Bible does allow heavy drinking as a palliative for the deathly ill, but I'm referring to the rest of us who are in reasonably good shape.) At least minimize the damage to yourself and others. Drink a lot of water, and sleep it off. (And NOT behind the wheel.)

George

In the blue corner Joe “I take the train home” Biden. In the red corner Sarah “I can see Russia from my house” Palin.

Blue Team Rules

¶ For every mention of Scranton, Pennsylvania: Take a sip.

¶ When Biden begins the “I take the train home everyday story” being drinking. Don’t stop ’till he finishes.

¶ When Biden questions Palin’s inexperience: Drink something you’ve never had before

¶ When Biden makes an obvious gaffe: Spill your neighbor’s drink

¶ When Biden uses X words when Y will do: Drink X-Y seconds

¶ When Biden patronizes or self identifies with the working class: Down some brew (Bonus points if you use Miller Highlife)

¶ When Biden lambastes Washington Insiders: Make a toast to his 35 years of experience in the United States Senate

The Joe Biden checklist. If he mentions all of the following, finish your drinks: Blue Collar, Golden Parachute, Little Guy, Washington Insider, Working Class, Clean

Red Team Rules

¶ Every time Palin cites Alaska’s proximity to Russia as “foreign policy experience”: Take a shot of vodka

¶ When Palin claims she said “Thanks but no thanks” to the Bridge to Nowhere: Demand a new drink from your hosts, say “thanks but no thanks,” and then when no one’s looking, take it anyway, then claim you never wanted it.

¶ When Palin recounts putting the governor’s jet on eBay: Auction off a beer to your friends

¶ When Palin insists that governing a small town in Alaska is in fact experience: Give your friend a shot glass of beer when he/she asks for a pint and insist it’s the same thing.

¶ When Palin points out that Biden thought Obama was too inexperienced for the job: Finish your drink and say, “Oh Snap!” If you’re a democrat, follow this by crying.

¶ When Palin claims that Washington’s problems can be solved by small town know how and common sense: Drink a Labatt Blue as you read up on how to become a Canadian citizen.

¶ When Palin talks about being the most popular governor in the country: Go to a room by yourself, realize you’re the most popular person in the room, then finish your drink.

The Sarah Palin checklist. If she mentions all of the following, finish your drinks: Bush Doctrine, Snow Machine, Moose, Lipstick, Hockey Mom, Family Values

ChasUFarley,

We need to update the drinking game to include when McCaine says "My Friends", and when he and Palin say "Maverick"..... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

:offtopic: You're assuming they have any money left, to get drunk with.

:offtopic: Anyway George, are you enforcing a two-drink limit at the BBQ?

Oops derailed my own thread... Haven't even had a drink yet. Just wait about an hour...

When I drink I make sure to have at least 3 drinks (usually more).

Nice reminder to myself not to ever again let anyone else tell me how to live my life.

Do what I want and enjoy life best I can.

** Did I just post in About the Way? :huh:

Edited by GT

The two drink limit for me was a joke.

When I was a WoW, I was 6'5" and 250 pounds.

2 drinks I don't even feel ANY kind of buzz.

On my birthday, we went out, and I got seriously hammered. Yeah, blew the limit that night.

Branch co-ord chewed me out good in the middle of a hangover. He was litterally screaming at me at the top of his lungs when I was so hung over, every word was painful. He even threatened to kick me out and send me home. I started laughing like crazy. This got him even matter, and screaming louder. "What is so f****** funny?"

"The lease is in my name."

"Then put it in the R****'s name right now."

"She doesn't have the credit, and neither do the others."

"Then have it put in mine."

"No. And you can't make me."

"Yes, I can."

"Go for it."

He kept screaming for another 15 minutes, but I had already won. Besides, it was in June, so we were gone in another month and a half. Never saw him again.

Branch co-ord chewed me out good in the middle of a hangover. He was litterally screaming at me at the top of his lungs when I was so hung over, every word was painful. He even threatened to kick me out and send me home. I started laughing like crazy. This got him even matter, and screaming louder. "What is so f****** funny?"

"The lease is in my name."

"Then put it in the R****'s name right now."

"She doesn't have the credit, and neither do the others."

"Then have it put in mine."

"No. And you can't make me."

"Yes, I can."

"Go for it."

He kept screaming for another 15 minutes, but I had already won. Besides, it was in June, so we were gone in another month and a half. Never saw him again.

Amazing. Apparently no clue about how the world works.