GreaseSpot Cafe

Journaling

nandon

don't be surprised if you don't get much response, nandon

we were taught that the first thought to or about anything was from god

anyway, your idea here is a good one if you don't stay stuck with the answer

cause it's answer upon answer and line upon line that builds wisdom and understanding, changing answers

an answer for you may not be an answer for another

but it was in the way, we were forced into other's ideas and answers

journal well, peace

I've heard of it. It sounds like automatic writing to me though - same thing, new name.

How would you know its God answering you? What if its your subconscious? What if its another spirit that is not God's? Might as well ask the Ouija Board or the 8 Ball.

You write down a question and quickly write the first thing that comes to mind, that first thing that comes to mind is god telling you the answer.

I heard that back in my Way Daze.

I think it's really just what most people call your "first instinct".

I suppose there is some merit to the concept of not being overly analytical of your decisions but beyond that I don't give it much credence.

Ive heard of journalling and know quite a few people who have journalled for years and even decades as part of their spiritual practice. Its a fairly common maintream practice. Ive never heard it described anyway near close to the way you've described it though. Most times that I have talked with people who practice what is commonly referred to as journalling , it generally seems to be more along the lines of the recording of intensely personal inner reflections, dreams and such over a long span of time sometimes (oftentimes) it is combined with some sort of disciplined prayer work and study.

Edited by mstar1

The application for our new administration has a application that addresses this issue.

IT IS and always has been an issue for anyone who does not want or need any information on a personal level in the public eye to be used in any manner that may cause legal trouble or even embarrassment .

One of the many question on the application asks have you now or at any time kept a diary of your thoughts or feelings that could in any manner embarrass this adminstration?

Can you think how many individual and whole corporation have been brought down to nothing in the name of a few notes? it isnt just email that is subject to intense check it is all and everything one decides to write .

be careful , the one bit of information or adivice i did keep in my life is never write anything down that may one day be used as information against you.

what one associates with and who is vital information to those who make a living on exposing others to the public.

on a personal level i have experienced this: After i was marked and avoided I kept a diary of my feelings about the ministry its leaders and my pending divorce.

twenty years later my son found the note book and read it.

think about what I said ? much? it was not a moment i needed in my life and my son had no business knowing my own personal thoughts in a very difficult complex time in my life.

i regret he was exposed to it. at the time of the writing it did help i suppose but not worth the cost in the picture of the potential harm such writing can have .

call me radical , i work in a school at times, I hear the teachers and para's talk and chat amoung one another, you would want to think they are professional and could keep their mouth shut about the students they can not they are just as much gossip and slanders as much as any other group if not worse.

In middle school when my children where asked to write personal notes about feeling or family, if I felt it invaded our own safety or privacy i wrote a note to the teacher and told them they are not going to be given this information about my family and requested another question to complete the assignment.

the teahcers often speak very ill of their student amoung their own selfs and the adminstration esp. if they consider your child noncompliant or more work than they want to muster on any given day. those records go into the student personal file which as we write is now going electronic for all the world to hack into and use against a person some day.

think about it.

if your world has rose glasses where everyone plays fair and nice and honestly then go it, but by chance you live in this place that will do or scrape any amount of anything to destroy another just for kicks like everyone eles then i warn you about the serious implication such confidence could have on your life or your childrens life some day.

I think there may be a bit of confusion over terminology here.

If I understand this correctly, we aren't talking about keeping a journal, such as a diary.

We are talking about what some people call "channeling".

In this case, the one supposedly being channeled is God.

Am I correct in that interpretation?

The application for our new administration has a application that addresses this issue.

IT IS and always has been an issue for anyone who does not want or need any information on a personal level in the public eye to be used in any manner that may cause legal trouble or even embarrassment .

One of the many question on the application asks have you now or at any time kept a diary of your thoughts or feelings that could in any manner embarrass this adminstration?

Can you think how many individual and whole corporation have been brought down to nothing in the name of a few notes? it isnt just email that is subject to intense check it is all and everything one decides to write .

be careful , the one bit of information or adivice i did keep in my life is never write anything down that may one day be used as information against you.

what one associates with and who is vital information to those who make a living on exposing others to the public.

on a personal level i have experienced this: After i was marked and avoided I kept a diary of my feelings about the ministry its leaders and my pending divorce.

twenty years later my son found the note book and read it.

think about what I said ? much? it was not a moment i needed in my life and my son had no business knowing my own personal thoughts in a very difficult complex time in my life.

i regret he was exposed to it. at the time of the writing it did help i suppose but not worth the cost in the picture of the potential harm such writing can have .

call me radical , i work in a school at times, I hear the teachers and para's talk and chat amoung one another, you would want to think they are professional and could keep their mouth shut about the students they can not they are just as much gossip and slanders as much as any other group if not worse.

In middle school when my children where asked to write personal notes about feeling or family, if I felt it invaded our own safety or privacy i wrote a note to the teacher and told them they are not going to be given this information about my family and requested another question to complete the assignment.

the teahcers often speak very ill of their student amoung their own selfs and the adminstration esp. if they consider your child noncompliant or more work than they want to muster on any given day. those records go into the student personal file which as we write is now going electronic for all the world to hack into and use against a person some day.

think about it.

if your world has rose glasses where everyone plays fair and nice and honestly then go it, but by chance you live in this place that will do or scrape any amount of anything to destroy another just for kicks like everyone eles then i warn you about the serious implication such confidence could have on your life or your childrens life some day.

You are absolutely, unfortunately, very correct about what you have just said. This is why even George Washington had his wife, Martha burn every letter he ever sent to her after she had read it.

I have also had my journal stolen from me and used against me, so I quite understand where you are coming from on this matter. I have had to learn this lesson from the hard road taken and a gem that I just recently heard...one of those God moments....a coach was saying to a student...."keep your game plan to yourself." I took that personally for myself as well.

As far as teachers....again, unfortunately you are right having been in the break room with them at times...I have heard comments about students that would make the hair rise up on most parents' heads.

think there may be a bit of confusion over terminology here.

If I understand this correctly, we aren't talking about keeping a journal, such as a diary.

We are talking about what some people call "channeling".

In this case, the one supposedly being channeled is God.

Am I correct in that interpretation?

maybe Nandon will clarify what he means

Ive never had the discipline to journal. Others I know--my sister for example has kept one for over 40 years, others i know, including alot of ministers and general seeker types keep them as well. After my Waydaze I became aware of a movement within the church to utilize journalling as an instrument for spiritual growth. Many churches that I go to offer workshops in journalling as part of their Christian formation groups.

There were several books published in the 90's on journalling and its benefits. Its nothing new Ive read spiritual journals that are several centuries old, ( for me--mostly from the mystics and contemplatives) that are many times very insightful.

If nandon is talking about "channeling" along the lines of the guy who wrote "Conversations with God" or some of the 'spirit written" books Ive seen then thats another matter

and I apologize for being off course